Kyuhyun Gets A Job

My Girlfriend Is A Mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun took Jin Hae back to Ahra's apartment after a splendid day at the tower. "I had a great time, Kyuhyun. Thanks," said Jin Hae as she got off his car. "Before you go, do you have time in the evening tomorrow? I want to take you for a boat ride by the park," said Kyuhyun. "I'd love to come," said Jin Hae, smiling. Kyuhyun smiled back. "Awesome! I'll see you at the park tomorrow by 6," he told her the meeting time. With that, he drove off. Jin Hae went up to Ahra's house. Ahra was fixing dinner in the kitchen when she heard the doorbell. 

She opened the door and Jin Hae came in. "Hello, Jin Hae," she greeted her. "Did you and Kyuhyun had fun at the tower?" Jin Hae nodded her head. "It was the best time of my life," she said. Ahra giggled. "I'm happy to hear that. Dinner is almost ready. You can washed up first." 

Yuri was home from work. She saw Kyuhyun parking his car and getting down. "Hi, oppa. Did you and Jin Hae had a great time at the tower?" Yuri greeted him. "Yep. I had a wonderful time with her," said Kyuhyun. "I'm sorry if I had to borrow your money, Yuri." Yuri just smile. "Well, you needed the money. I'm grateful enough to give you. But you're gonna have to find a job soon once we're married. I can't keep giving you money all the time," she said. "I will. I'm still looking for one though," said Kyuhyun as he took off his coat. 

Yuri showed him an advertisment on the newspaper. "It says here that the congee restaurant is looking for people to hire. Perhaps you can go and take a part time job there. I found it when I was reading the newspaper this morning." Kyuhyun look at the ad. "They're hiring waiters/waitresses. Maybe I can apply a job there," he said. There is a number on the ad. He called the manager if there is still a vacancy. "We still have one more vacancy left. I'll be happy to hire you. Why don't you drop by tomorrow to discuss the details?" the manager suggested through the line. "Of course. I'll be right there," Kyuhyun told him. 

When he press the end call button, Kyuhyun smile at Yuri. "Looks like I have a job after all," he said. "I'm happy for you. They can't offer you high pay. But at least you'll earn some money to survive on your own," said Yuri. Then, her cellphone beeped. Geun Bin sent her a message. "I have to meet my boss now. Dinner is on the table. Bye." 

Kyuhyun was getting fed up of his fiancee going somewhere every night. "Yuri, why do you always keep disappearing at night? Why can't we spend some time together at home?" he grumbles. "It's an important discussion about work, oppa," said Yuri. "I'll try my best to find a night to spend together, okay?" Kyuhyun sighs. "You've been saying that a million times." Yuri kept looking at her watch. "I'm really sorry, oppa. I must go now. Bye." She already left the house, leaving the disappointed Kyuhyun alone. 

 

The next morning before going for classes, Kyuhyun drop by the congee restaurant for a visit. It was a small restaurant. "Good morning, sir. How many for a table?" the waiter greeted. "Ah, I'm not here to have a meal. I'm here to see your manager," said Kyuhyun. "Hold on a second," said the waiter. He disappear inside the kitchen. In 10 seconds, the manager arrived. "Good morning. You must be Kyuhyun, the one who called me yesterday, right?"

"Yes, sir. I just saw your ad and you said you need people to hire," said Kyuhyun, shaking the manager's hand. "Yes. My name is Kim Jung Hee. I'm the manager of this restaurant. But you will address me as Mr Kim or boss when you work here," the manager introduces himself. "Let's go to my office and we'll discuss the details." Kyuhyun followed Jung Hee to his small office. "My office is quite small. I hope you don't mind the space."

Kyuhyun sat down on the ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter