In The Beginning

My Girlfriend Is A Mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One summer day, a bunch of high school students went on a field trip to Jeju. They learned many things in addition to touring around the island. The sun began to set over the horizon. It was time to head back home. "Come along, everyone! Back on the ferry!" the teacher called. All the students lined up and hopped aboard the ferry that was ready to take them back. 

As the ferry cruise along the sea, the students were chatting about their trip. A girl named Jin Hae also had fun. From behind, a boy named Kyuhyun was standing by the shadows. He had been watching Jin Hae. In fact, he and Jin Hae had been good friends since middle school. He also had a secret crush on her and he has been waiting to confess his feelings. "Hey, Kyuhyun. Have you confessed yet?" his friend asked. "Not yet," said the nervous Kyuhyun. "Then, what are you waiting for? Do it!" His friend pushed him and convinced him to do it.

Kyuhyun slowly walked to Jin Hae. "Excuse me?" he called. Jin Hae turned around and saw him. "Oh, hi, Kyuhyun," she greeted. "See you later," said one of her friends. Jin Hae waved good bye to them and look at her friend. "Did you enjoy the trip?" asked Kyuhyun. Jin Hae nodded her head. "Of course. This is my first time to Jeju. The nature is beautiful. There are so many wonderful things to discover," she replied as she watched the sky grew dark. But what she didn't noticed that the black clouds began to form.

"Jin Hae?"

"Yes?"

"There's something I want to say to you for years," Kyuhyun began to say. He took her hands gently. "We've been good friends since we met in middle school. You're such a lovely girl. You helped me whenever I'm in trouble. I'm grateful for that. Through these years, I couldn't say what I want to say to you. Now, the time has come. I want to be more than just your friend." Jin Hae waited patiently at what he has to say. "Jin Hae, I......I......

But his sentence was cut short when raindrops began to drop on their shoulders and lightning began to cracked. "There's gonna be a bad storm coming!" they heard one of the crew say. "Everyone, head inside now!" And so, everyone on board had to run for indoors to be safe. But the storm became more worse. Rain began to pour down heavily until no one could see where they're going. Kyuhyun made it safely inside. Jin Hae was still outside, fighting the rain. 

The ferry began to topple the other side, making the supplies and boxes moved. Jin Hae moved along with them. She was almost at the midst of dropping into the sea. "Help!! Help!!" she screamed as she hang on for her life. But no one could see her as all the passengers and crew went inside. Her hand was slippery because of the wetness. Alas, she dropped into the sea. 

Jin Hae could not swim very well. She still kept on calling for help. Her legs couldn't support anymore. She was drowned into the sea below. Inside, the teacher was making a head count. She noticed one head is missing. "Oh no!! Where's Jin Hae?!" she gasped. She ran to a crew. "Sir, you got to help me! One student is missing!" she pleaded. "I'm sorry, madam. The storm is very bad. We cannot go out to look for your missing student. Maybe she is inside. We can look for her." 

A few men went to hunt for Jin Hae. But they looked everywhere inside the ferry. She was nowhere to be found. When the storm calmed down, they looked outside but no luck. "Hey! I found something from the waters!" One of the assistants pulled up a watch. "Does anyone owned this watch?" he asked the students. Kyuhyun gasped as he knew whose watch is that. "It's Jin Hae's," he said. "But where is she?" asked the teacher.

"Madam, we looked everywhere on this ferry. But your student is nowhere to be found," said the crew. "And also, we found a shoe floating on the waters. She must have casted out into the sea and drowned." Hearing this, the teacher and the students looked dismay. "You can't save her, right?" The man shook his head. "By the time we can rescue her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter