Chapter 03

Ephemeral

Not only was eating a meal with a bunch of teenage boys awkward, but having to sit across a stranger you’ve slept made the situation seem incredibly worse.

“So, this is my brother Chanhee! He offered to pay for our meal because of our victory, so be sure to say thank you!” Changhyun grinned at his teammates as he took a seat next to his brother. Chanhee smiled warily at the teenage boys surrounding him.

“Hyung, this is Niel, the goalkeeper. And then that’s Jonghyun, Kibum, Hwanhee, Sunyoul, Wooshin, and Byunghun! These guys are my closest friends on the team.”

Chanhee looked down at his noodles and tried to ignore Byunghun’s stare upon him. It was hard to eat properly with the teenage boy staring at him.

“Hyung, are you okay? If you don’t want to pay for all of us, it’s okay.” Changhyun whispered softly and he leaned in closer to his brother, but Chanhee quickly shook his head.

“It’s alright. I want to treat you kids for doing a good job today.”

Returning back to his food, Chanhee played with his chopsticks as he listened to the conversation happening around him.

“Byunghun, did Minyoung confess to you yesterday? I heard from her friends that she asked you to leave class for a while.” Hwanhee asked, looking over at the person Chanhee was trying to avoid.

“Yeah, she confessed. I turned her down though.” Byunghun shrugged and for a moment, he glanced back at Chanhee.

“Why did you reject her though? She’s pretty and practically the most popular girl in our year level.” Changhyun asked as he messily ate his noodles. Chanhee cringed and passed his brother a tissue.

“Not my type. Definitely not my type.” Byunghun chuckled and took a sip from his water.

“Too much of a girl for you?” Kibum laughed and pointed his chopsticks over towards the waiter of the restaurant they were in.

“What about him?”

Everyone’s eyes looked over at the waiter that was currently serving another table. He was good-looking in Chanhee’s opinion and overall, looked to be an okay guy. He seemed to have a nice body and had very attractive eyes.

“No. He’s not my type either.” Byunghun said, glancing over at the waiter once before shaking his head.

“You seem to be quite the choosy type.” Chanhee laughed, staring back down at his noodles. He didn’t really have an appetite.

“Let’s just say it takes a certain type of person to keep my attention.” Byunghun replied smoothly, his foot gently nudging Chanhee’s from underneath the table.

The brunette blushed and looked away for a moment, excusing himself to go to the restroom. The teenagers at the table didn’t seem to notice his strange behavior.

However, what they did notice was that Byunghun excused himself from the table moments later, following after Chanhee to use the restroom.

‘Strange.’ Changhyun thought as he stared off into the direction that his brother and teammate had went.

x

Chanhee groaned as he splashed water onto his face. He wasn’t ready to face Byunghun. Especially now that he knew who he was and how old he was. He also didn’t want Changhyun to find out because it may ruin his good friendship with Byunghun.

“Are you okay?”

Chanhee’s eyes widened as he turned towards the door, seeing the exact person he didn’t want to see.

Another groan escaped his lips and he looked away. Byunghun chuckled and entered the restroom, locking the door behind him. Now, they were perfectly alone.

“I had no idea you were just a high school student.” Chanhee said, drying his face with a tissue.

“And I had no idea you were my friend’s older brother.” Byunghun replied, stepping closer to Chanhee.

Chanhee sighed and resting back onto the countertop of the restroom, he crossed his arms and stared at the teenager standing right in front of him.

“What shall we do about this?” Byunghun asked, inclining forward towards Chanhee.

“What do you mean by that?” The brunette asked as he moved backwards when Byunghun leaned in.

“Do you remember what happened last night?”

Chanhee blushed as he tried to remember the details of the night before. He couldn’t remember specific details, but he knew one thing for sure. He had gone out drinking by himself, just for fun. He ended up at a bar that was close to the café he worked at and drank a bit too much. He could remember seeing Byunghun in the bar and he also remembered that it was Byunghun that approached him first. One thing led to another, Chanhee had brought him to his home. Things eventually got more heated, but now they were just two strangers staring at each other.

“You’re a good kisser.” Byunghun stated bluntly, making Chanhee blush once more.

“Shut up.” Chanhee replied, looking away. He could feel his face heating up with embarrassment.

“Make me.” The teenager smirked at Chanhee’s flustered appearance and leaned in closer once more, his hands resting upon the brunette’s waist.

Chanhee groaned and reached out, grabbing the collar of Byunghun’s shirt before pulling him forward, crashing their lips together roughly. Even though he knew he would regret it, Chanhee couldn’t stop himself from kissing Byunghun. There was something so appealing about the blond that Chanhee just couldn’t resist.

Byunghun smiled against Chanhee’s lips and brought his hands up towards the older boy’s hair, gripping tightly as the kiss deepened. Byunghun could feel Chanhee nipping at his bottom lip with his teeth, as if asking for permission to enter.

It was during that moment when Byunghun decided that kissing a sober Chanhee was definitely more exciting than kissing an intoxicated Chanhee.

--

It’s been so long! Sorry a late update : ) Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors.

Next on my to-do list: Update Insurrection!