Chapter 11

Ephemeral

“No. Definitely no.”

“But I think this is okay.”

“Changhyun, you look like a walking banana. Try another one.”

Byunghun had to resist the urge to start laughing as he watched his teammate frown. Every single suit that Changhyun had chosen was rejected by Chanhee. However, Byunghun and Niel were still searching for a suit.

“Hyung, what do you think of this color?” Niel asked as he took a hanger off of the rack. Byunghun looked over and saw that Niel had chosen a suit that was a dark red color, almost maroon.

“Why don’t you try it on? I think that color would look lovely.” Chanhee nodded his head before looking over at Changjo, who was sitting next to him on the couch.

“Yah, start looking for your pants. It’s difficult finding pants that match your waistline and also your legs.”

“I will after I see Ricky’s next suit. It’s fun watching you reject every suit he chooses.”

“I can hear you Jonghyun!”

Byunghun chuckled and continued searching for a suit. The shop that Chanhee had taken them to was a small boutique that was owned by an old friend. All of the suits were reasonably priced and there were so many options to choose from.

However, Byunghun was having a hard time deciding on what kind of suit he wanted. He just needed a suit that didn’t make him seem too short. He also needed to look good for this tournament dinner.

“Having a hard time deciding?” A voice said next to him. Byunghun glanced to his side and saw Chanhee searching through the racks, most likely for Changhyun.

“There are so many nice suits here. It’s hard choosing just one.” Byunghun replied, his eyes lingering on a dark blue suit. It was a nice color, in Byunghun’s opinion.

“Choose one suit that you’ll be able to use again and again. Even though you’re still young, it’s a good idea to start buying formal clothes. They’ll come in handy when you’re older.” Chanhee smiled a bit before patting Byunghun’s shoulder.

“You’re acting like you’re twenty years older than me.” Byunghun mumbled, finally picking the dark blue suit he had been staring at.

“No, I just have fashion sense.” Chanhee chuckled and walked away, searching for another suit for Changhyun. Byunghun watched as he walked away before sighing softly. It was becoming very awkward for the two of them to talk to each other.

Without saying another word, Byunghun took the suit that he had chosen into a vacant dressing room. He quickly changed into the suit and frowned when he realized that the pants were a bit too long for him. However, besides the pants, the suit seemed to be a perfect fit. The suit came with a white dress shirt for him to wear underneath the jacket, so it was a good choice. The only thing that he would have to do was tailor his pants a bit.

“Hyung, let’s see what you look like!” Changhyun’s voice called from outside. Byunghun guessed that the young teenager had already changed into his suit.

Byunghun checked his face in the mirror before leaving the dressing room. He felt confident in the suit, but the length of his pants was what annoyed him. As soon as he left the dressing room, he could see Niel laughing at him.

“It’s a good suit hyung… But those pants need to be shorter.” Niel grinned, not feeling threatened when Byunghun glared at him.

“We can get them tailored right now. I can ask Minhyun to do it for you.” Chanhee said and as if on cue, the store owner, Hwang Minhyun, appeared from the backroom.

“I heard my name, so I’m back.”

Earlier, the shop owner said that he had to go to the back room to search for Chanhee’s “special outfit”. Byunghun wasn’t exactly certain what he meant by that.

“Minhyun, can you do me a favor and tailor his pants? I think it’s just a few inches.”

Minhyun nodded before taking out a tape measure from his pocket. He approached Byunghun and smiled.

“Please stand straight. I just need to measure how long your pants should be. Ah, Changhyun, come here also. I think I’ll have to measure you as well.”

Byunghun stayed silent as the young man measured his leg. He frowned when he heard the shop owner chuckle at how long his legs were.

“Okay, just change out of the suit and then leave it at the table. I’ll be done in less than an hour.” Minhyun said as he went to measure Changhyun’s legs as well. Changjo and Niel were just smirking on the couch, watching as the shortest soccer players got measured.

As Byunghun walked away, he could heard Minhyun and Chanhee talking about the “special outfit”. Chanhee laughed loudly and called Minhyun a ert, but Byunghun wasn’t sure why.

Meanwhile, as Byunghun and Changhyun went to go change out of their suits, Changjo was having a dilemma of his own.

“Your legs are pretty long but your waistline is small as well. I don’t think any of my pants will be able to fit you properly. If you want, I can make it myself with your measurements?” Minhyun frowned when he stared at the young waiter. It was the first time that his shop didn’t have a perfect fit for someone.

“That’s fine, Minhyun. I just need him to have his uniform for work. He already outgrew his old set.”

“It will probably take me a week to finish the complete set. Is that okay? Come over here so I can measure you.”

Chanhee watched with a small smile on his face as Changjo got dragged away by Minhyun. The young waiter seemed a bit shy around Minhyun and his embarrassment only worsened when the shop owner started to take his measurements. Chanhee couldn’t help but chuckle at Changjo’s face. The teenager was avoiding Minhyun’s eye contact and seemed to be uncomfortable whenever Minhyun’s hands would come in close contact with him.

“I wonder if I should tell Changjo that Minhyun has a boyfriend…” Chanhee thought, feeling amused. It was a bit obvious that Changjo found the young shop owner attractive.

“Hyung, I think this suit still be fine for me. The pants and jacket are a good fit. The color is really nice as well.” Niel smiled as he held up the suit he was talking about. It was the maroon suit that he had chosen earlier.

“I think it looks good on you as well. Let’s just wait until Byunghun, Changhyun, and Changjo are all settled with their suits.”

Niel nodded and went back to the couch, settling himself down comfortably. The teenager kept his eyes on the changing rooms, waiting for his teammates to come out.

“You said you just want a uniform set, right? I have all his measurements and I have to ask Aron to find the same fabric that I made your uniform out of. How many sets would you like, Changjo?” Minhyun asked as he smiled at the young waiter.

“Just two sets will be fine, thank you.” Changjo said as he slowly moved to stand behind Chanhee. He was being unusually shy.

“Is Aron out of town this week? I haven’t seen him in class lately.” Chanhee asked as he and Minhyun went over to the table where Minhyun would begin tailoring the suits.

“Who’s Aron, hyung?” Changhyun asked as he finally left the dressing room. He gave his suit to Minhyun who started to get to work.

“He’s Minhyun’s boyfriend. Aron and I share a few classes together at the university. However, I’ve been friends with Minhyun since high school. Minhyun begged me to be a matchmaker to get them together.” Chanhee smirked when he saw Minhyun blush.

“Okay, that’s enough about my personal life. Anyway, yeah, Aron went back to visit his family in America. He should be back next week though. Has he missed anything major for school?” Minhyun asked as he started cutting off the excess fabric from Changhyun’s pants. Changhyun watched in awe as Minhyun made quick work of his pants.

“He’s just missed a few essays, but I’m sure he can catch up once he gets back. Changhyun, what’s taking Byunghun so long? He’s been changing for like ten minutes already.” Chanhee frowned and checked his watch. The blonde had been away for a long time.

“I don’t know hyung. I guess he’s still in the dressing room.” Changhyun shrugged innocently, returning his attention back to Minhyun.

Chanhe sighed before walking over to the dressing room, calling for Byunghun.

“Byunghun, where are you? You’re taking a long time.”

“Hyung… I need some help.”

Chanhee blinked when he heard Byunghun’s soft voice reply from one of the dressing rooms. He knocked on the door, hearing a grunt from the other side.

“I think the zipper is stuck, but I can’t get it open.”

“Open the door, I guess I can help.” Chanhee wasn’t exactly sure what was going through his mind as the words left his lips, but he had no other choice. Byunghun was taking up too much time in the dressing room.

The door unlocked, revealing a blushing Byunghun. He had his own shirt back on, but he was still wearing the pants that went with the suit. Chanhee gently pushed the teenager into the dressing room, closing the door behind him. The brunette glanced down at the zipper of the pants, seeing it caught on some fabric.

Resisting the urge to laugh, Chanhee just smiled at Byunghun.

“Yah, close your eyes. I don’t need you imagining anything weird with what I’m about to do.”

Byunghun nodded and closed his eyes, covering them with his hand just in case. Chanhee sighed softly before bringing his hands to the zipper of Byunghun’s pants. He felt awkward doing this, but at the same time, all he could think about was the time when he slept with this teenager. If they were going out, would this moment still be strange? Or would it ultimately lead to something else?

After a moment of struggle, Chanhee managed to tug the zipper down without ripping any fabric. Byunghun let out a sigh of relief once he realized that his pants were saved. Chanhee took a step back and looked up and away from the blonde, trying to avoid eye contact.

“Thank you, Chunji.”

“You’re welcome. Don’t call me that when others are around though.” Chanhee turned and was about to leave the dressing room, but a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

“Wha-”

His words were cut off when he suddenly felt a pair of lips against his own. Unlike their last kiss, which had happened weeks ago in the bathroom of a restaurant, this kiss seemed much more gentle and innocent. There was no sense of rush in this kiss.

“Thank you, again, Chunji.” Byunghun mumbled before pushing the shocked brunette out of the dressing room.

Chanhee watched the door close, feeling a bit confused as he his lips.

What exactly was their relationship now?

-

Did anyone miss me? Haha! Anyway, here’s an update for Ephemeral! I just decided to put Aron and Minhyun in for fun, because why not?

ChunJoe is developing slowly, but surely!

Sorry for any grammar mistakes or spelling errors~ Stay tuned to the next update!