Chapter 02

Ephemeral

The prestigious high school that Changhyun was enrolled in was almost the size of the university that Chanhee was currently attending. In his own opinion, it was way too big to be considered as a high school. There were so many students roaming around and Chanhee stood out among the crowd. He was the only one wearing jeans and a plain black t-shirt  while everyone else was wearing their standard school uniform. Some students took notice of him and a few girls even squealed loudly at the sight of him.

Smiling to himself, Chanhee made his way over to the soccer field where the match was about to start. He quickly found himself a seat on the bleachers next to the field and let his eyes scan the area, searching for his brother. His brother’s team was wearing a blue uniform that consisted of plain shorts and an equally plain shirt that had the school logo on the front. On the back of the uniforms were the surnames and numbers of the players. Chanhee smiled when he finally noticed his younger brother running onto the field. Changhyun seemed to be as hyper as ever and Chanhee could feel the confidence radiating from him.

“You don’t seem familiar to me. Are you a new student here?”

Chanhee blinked when a voice called out to him from behind before turning around slightly. He noticed a student sitting behind him, but something about him seemed strange. While other students had their uniform nicely ironed and neat, this student had a crumpled uniform with rolled up sleeves. Chanhee’s eyes narrowed when he saw tattoos decorating the student’s arms.

“I’m actually attending a university right now. I’m just here to watch my brother play.” Smiling politely, Chanhee turned back around to focus on the match that had already started. Pouting slightly, Chanhee noticed that Changhyun was already running around on the field.

It was his first time at a soccer match and Chanhee had already missed the start.

“Oh, are you Ricky’s brother? He’s mentioned you once or twice before.” The student now took a seat next to him and Chanhee couldn’t help but cringe. He wasn’t exactly in the mood to talk to high school students.

“Ricky? Who’s that?” Chanhee asked, slightly curious as he kept his eyes on the field.

“Lee Changhyun. He goes by as Ricky at school because there’s another Changhyun in his year level. Something like that, I think.” The student also kept his eyes on the field, but Chanhee noticed that his eyes were staring solely at the goal keeper for his brother’s team.

 

“Ah, yeah. That’s my younger brother. He never told me about that nickname though.” Chanhee grinned, watching as his brother’s scored the first goal. He resisted the urge to yell out and cheer because he didn’t want Changhyun to know that he was watching.

“My name is Minsoo, by the way. I’m friend of Ricky’s, though I’m already a 4th year.” Minsoo smiled at Chanhee who nodded back, slowly getting used to the student’s presence.

 “Nice to meet you, I’m Chanhee. Changhyun’s brother. How did you know I was his brother, though?” Chanhee glanced over at Minsoo who let out a chuckle.

“Your eyes are only watching him. Plus, Ricky’s always mentioned having an older brother that he practically idolizes. He doesn’t stop talking about how hard you work and stuff.”

Chanhee blushed and glared down at his younger brother on the field. He had no idea Changhyun would talk about him to his friends.

The two continued to watch the soccer match in silence, only commenting on random things that would happen throughout the match. Changhyun had scored another goal which made Chanhee clap his hands loudly. He was extremely proud at how well his brother was doing.

An hour later, the match was finally finished and Changhyun’s team had won with a score of 3 to 1. Despite being a soccer novice, Chanhee already knew that having a score of 3 was a big deal. It was practically a landslide victory.

Chanhee waved goodbye to Minsoo who merely nodded in return before making his way down to the field. He could feel the stares of the other players on him, but he only kept his attention on his brother who was walking off the field with a few of his teammates.

 “Chunji?”

Chanhee’s eyes widened when he heard his nickname from behind him. The player that had called him had blonde hair and was a bit shorter than he was. He was wearing the uniform of Changhyun’s team and was covered in sweat, but that wasn’t what stood out the most to Chanhee.

The player had two beauty marks under one of his eyes.

In the same place that Chanhee could remember kissing.

“Hyung?”

Turning back to the field, Chanhee saw Changhyun running over to him with a wide grin on his face. Chanhee didn’t even react when his brother tackled him to the ground, getting his sweat and dirt all over him. The only thing Chanhee could focus on was the smiling blonde player that was staring at him from afar.

X

A/N: And so they meet… again! I’m not sure where to go with this fic but I’m really excited for it. Yay! I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes. Also, to those that are reading Insurrection as well, I’m sorry for not updating it in a while! I will update it soon, I promise!!