Chapter 6

Guardian Gang

Hurrah, Exo came back! Did everyone love their comeback? I love how all the videos of their powers are now connected!

----

Tao woke up from his surgery a few days later. He had woken up only a few times since the surgery, but, this was the first time where he was awake for a few hours. Kris and Suho were by his bedside asleep. Tao smiled at them glad that he had such good friends.

‘‘Did you get shot by a bullet?’’ asked a voice excitedly. Hearing this Tao looked up. A young boy who was about as tall as Tao or maybe even taller stood beside Tao’s bed looking down at him. ‘‘Who are you?’’ asked Tao. ‘‘I am Park Chanyeol, so were you really hit by a bullet?’’

‘‘Yes,’’ responded Tao, unsure of what to think. ‘‘Cool, I always wanted to be a seventh level civil servant!’’exclaimed Chanyeol, ‘‘And now, I got to meet one!’’

Tao just stared at him.

‘‘You were on a rescue mission weren’t you? Could you please tell me about it? I promise I won’t tell anyone else!’’

Just then, Suho yawned and woke up. ‘‘Tao, are you awake?’’

‘‘Oh, good, Kris, he’s awake.’’

‘‘Doctor Zhang, he’s awake.’’

‘‘Everyone stand back, I need to check his vitals.’’ Said the nurse as she came over. Kris and Suho took a step back from the bed and stood in the corner watching the doctor and the nurses. Chanyeol stood back in awe.

Not a few moments the doctor and nurses were done. Kris and Suho decided they could leave Tao in good hands in the hospital and decided to get a taxi to drive them to the home they now lived at. Chen had left quite a few hours ago to his work at the bar.

 

‘‘Tao, how old were you when you became a member of the NIS?’’

‘‘I am not part of the NIS.’’

‘‘Oh, right, ssh, I’ll keep your secret. Your girlfriend doesn’t know does she?’’

‘‘I don’t have a girlfriend.’’

‘‘Oh, but you are part of the NIS.’’

‘‘No, I am not part of the NIS either.’’

‘‘So, are your brothers part of the NIS too, or is it just you?’’

‘‘What brothers?’’

‘‘Your brothers, one called Kris and the other Suho.’’

‘‘Not my brothers. I am an only child.’’

‘‘You mean to say, those guys are agents too? Wow, I met three agents in one day. It was a good thing I came to this hospital. Can you do any impressive fighting moves? Such as martial arts?’’

‘‘I am a wushu master. But, none of us…..’’

‘‘Awesome! Don’t worry, I am good at keeping secrets and not talking. I would never give you guys up to the enemy even if they were going to kill me.’’

Two hours later, Chanyeol was still going on about how awesome Tao was as a secret agent and Tao who get not get a word in edgewise to say anything different (although, he reasoned it might not be wise to tell this hyung,that he was an exjopok member and a bodyguard to Suho.) had given up on talking. Infact, Tao had become quite tired and sleepy, but he couldn't seem to get Chanyeol to stop talking so he could get some sleep. Chanyeol decided to tell Tao about how he came to the hospital.

‘‘Then I was dancing in the rain, and came to this hospital.’’ Chanyeol concluded. ‘‘Why were you dancing in the rain?’’ asked Tao, quite confused. ‘‘I once saw the best dancer in the world, dance in water, I wanted to try it out and see how it was.’’finished Chanyeol. ‘‘Who is the best dancer in the world?’’ questioned Tao. ‘‘Oh, his name is Kai, I saw him dance once at a dancing competition.’’ Answered Chanyeol.

Just then, Doctor Zhang came over to interrupt the two. ‘‘Chanyeol, I recommend you let Tao get some sleep. Also, you can check out today, you seem perfectly well and healthy.’’ With that, Doctor Zhang left, and Chanyeol said goodbye and Tao finally got to take a nap.

 

‘‘Where are your family?’’ asked the nurse who was at the desk making sure Chanyeol filled out all of the paper work. ‘‘I have none, I am an orphan,’’ he promptly announced. ‘‘What? Where do you live?’’ asked the nurse concerned. ‘‘I used to live an orphanage, when I was a young kid. Now, I live on the streets.’’ Announced Chanyeol. The nurse quickly went to get Doctor Zhang. Doctor Zhang was thankfully not working with a patient and was able to come right away.

 

‘‘I think it would be best if you came to live with me for a short time. We will get you a permanent home in the future, but, for right now, I feel it is best to stay at someone’s house so that you do not have to come into the hospital every week because of a fever.’’ Began Doctor Zhang. Chanyeol was fine with this arrangement and so Chanyeol began to live at Doctor Zhang’s house.

 

-----

Who was right? Did anyone guess it was Chanyeol?