Chapter 4

Guardian Gang

Authornim's note: Here is the fourth chapter,sorry it took so long. Please read and comment.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Where are we headed?" Asked Suho as they were driving along in the car. "You'll see." Said the man at the wheel. Kris glared at the driver and Tao moaned from physical pain. 
"I'm Jongdae by the way, but you can call me Chen." the bartender who was driving introduced himself to Suho. 


‘‘Are you sure you own a license?’’ questioned Kris to Chen as the car zoomed at a fast paced speed around the oncoming traffic going in the opposite direction. 
‘‘Of course, I am the best driver of all my classmates.’’ Chen, excitedly proclaimed. ‘‘How bad are your classmates? Wait, maybe I don’t want to know.’’replied Suho, holding on to the car door for dear life, as Chen sped around the corner. 


"Are you sure we are going in the right direction?" Asked Kris from the back. "Yes, of course, I have gone this way a hundred times....no, wait!" Cried Chen as he pulled up to a sharp stop. Everyone in the car was thrown forward. The injured boy in the back groaned.


"Are you sure you can get us there, alive?" Asked Suho, a little while later when Chen had swerved out of the way of an oncoming car. "Yeah, I am driving as fast as I can, I am sure your friend will make it." Replied Jongdae. "That's not what I meant. I meant, I think you might kill us all with your bad driving." Suho announced. "I am not bad driver." answered Chen, just barely avoiding a tree. "Ok, reckless driver, is that better?" Questioned Suho. 

‘‘Why are we going through someone’s yard?’’ asked Kris, when Chen barreled into the plot of land near the road and kept going straight through it. Tao groaned in the backseat. ‘‘Short cut, they don’t mind I always do this.’’ Chen grinned at Kris.


 ‘‘I thought the point of you driving was to get us to the hospital in time not to kill us all faster.’’ Spoke Kris. ‘‘Okay, that’s it.’’Kris exclaimed when the car hit a tree, and driver’s door flew open, and Chen fell out of the car because he forgot to wear a seatbelt. Kris moved quickly to the driver’s seat and shut the door. He almost drove off without Chen, when he realized he had no clue where he was going. Chen got in the backseat with Tao. Chen started directing where to go, but his directions were as bad as his driving. 

‘‘Turn at the green light.’’ ‘‘Which way?’’ ‘‘Right.’’ ‘‘Not that green light.’’ ‘‘Turn left at the street you just passed.’’ ‘‘What’s next?’’ ‘‘Do a U-turn.’’ ‘‘Go that way.’’ ‘‘What way?’’ ‘‘Can’t you see which way my eyes are looking?’’ ‘‘Okay, which way?’’ ‘‘Read my mind stupid.’’ ‘‘Can’t you be more helpful?’’ ‘‘Okay, Right, no left, no straight,..No that’s not it. ‘‘Oh, never mind. You were supposed to turn right. I was correct the first time.’’ ‘‘We just went in a circle.’’ ‘‘Next direction please.’’ ‘‘Where are we? I don’t remember this…wait,…turn left at the green sign.’’ ‘‘What green sign?’’ ‘‘That one, wait, that isn’t the green sign I saw last time.’’ ‘‘This does not look familiar.’’ ‘‘We are lost.’’ ‘‘Turn around we must have gone too far.’’


 ‘‘Do you have the address?’’ ‘‘Yes, I do.’’ ‘‘Does the GPS work?’’ ‘‘Yes.’’ ‘‘Why aren’t we using that?’’ ‘‘How have you made it in the past to this place?’’ ‘‘Usually, I don’t run into a tree, so I usually make it.’’ ‘‘Are you blaming everything on that tree?’’ ‘‘Yes, usually no trees are in my way.’’ ‘‘That tree was only in your way because you decided to go through someone’s yard.’’‘‘Why did you hit that tree?’’ ‘‘I don’t know, it must have gotten in my way while I was taking an action selca.’’ ‘‘You were taking an action selca while you were driving?’’ ‘‘Yes, of course.’’ ‘‘No arguing, just hurry up and get there.’’ ‘‘The GPS won’t turn on.’’ ‘‘Oh, I know, I’ll just call him.’’


 ‘‘Hello, can you give us directions from…where are we…a Starbucks… how am I suppose to know what Starbucks…..’’began Chen. ‘‘Arg,…give me the phone.’’ Exclaimed Kris, grabbing the latest Galaxy phone GS7 from Chen’s grasp. ‘‘6-1 Sangnam-Dong, Changwon, Gyeongsangnam-do 641-010,….Okay, thank you. Yes, we will there right away.’’ Kris said as he hung up. 


‘‘Let’s go.’’ He commented. ‘‘Where’s Chen?’’ noticing the absence of the owner of the car. ‘‘He is saying hi to some girl over there.’’ Replied Suho pointing to Chen talking to some girl in Starbucks. ‘‘That’s it.’’ Kris started to drive off. Before he was out of the parking lot, Chen came racing back to the car, and got in. Kris turned around the car and headed in the opposite direction. He passed the bar where Chen worked. ‘‘Oh, that’s right, I should have gone in the opposite direction from my place.’’responded Chen. 


‘‘How do you know this person, anyway?’’ asked Suho now that they were headed in the correct direction. ‘‘He’s my best friend.’’commented Chen.
 ‘‘Then, how come you can’t get to his place?’’ asked Suho. ‘‘I can, if you let me keep driving I would have gotten there.’’explained Chen. ‘‘Yeah, except you left in the opposite direction of where the place was.’’ Argued Suho. ‘‘Like that matters, the world is round.’’ Retorted Chen. 

Reaching the clinic, Suho helped the injured Tao out of the vehicle. Kris took lead trying to find the doctor as quickly as possible. 
Chen grinned like a happy puppy and ran behind them all. As soon as entered the clinic, a number of nurses ran up and took hold of the injured Tao. He was laid on a stretcher and they proceeded to hurry him off to the emergency surgery room.

Soon, a doctor came in and the surgery began. Suho, Kris, and Chen waited anxiously outside the surgery room. Not a couple of hours later, Tao’s surgery was complete.‘‘How’s he doing?’’ asked Suho, when the doctor came out of surgery. 


‘‘He will be fine, the first aid that was done was able to keep him alive until we could get to him. I would like to congratulate whoever did it.’’ Responded the doctor. 
‘‘We both did the first aid.’’ Responded Kris, referencing what Suho and himself had done before they carried him to Chen’s bar. ‘‘Well, good thinking, and if you both don’t know the first aid for other injuries I can always teach you the first aid. You will need it, oh, by the way, I am Doctor….’’ Began the doctor. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, I am being sponsored by Galaxy. (Just kidding.) I love Chen's character, don't you all?