Chapter 5

Guardian Gang

 

Happy Birthday to Suho! I definitely had to update today because of his birthday! One of the finest leaders of kpop ever!

__________________________________________________

The wind rustled through the trees and the skies became dark, preparing for the storm rolling in. The open streets became deserted as people rushed into their homes. Those who did not have homes huddled together in tunnels or underneath streets so that they could be dry from the storm.

Some of them had blankets and jackets while others had to use newspapers to cover up in to keep in the warmth. They all waited for the storm to pass, hoping it would not last long, and that soon the air would warm up. There was not much hope of that, though because it was almost 9pm and it’s not like the night would be very warm.

 

One lone figure traveled and down the open streets like he cared nothing about the huge storm that was about to arrive. If anyone had been out on the streets they would have thought he was crazy, but, since there were none, no one marveled at his lack of fear. He had a huge grin on his face and seemed to be in a trance. He wore a hat that was a snapback, red dreadlocks could be seen hanging out on all sides from under his hat. His pants were black like his hat and could not be really seen because of the darkness surrounding him.

 

The storm came crashing in, and the ran started to pour down on the young man. Instead of rushing for cover or even glancing up towards the sky, the young man pulled the hat over his eyes and began to dance. His clothes became completely soaked as he continued to dance to a melody that seemed to be only in his mind.

 

A few hours later the rain had stopped and the storm had passed on.

 

‘‘This man has acute Abdominal pain,…’’ began the doctor. But, that was all he got out before the injured man started to groan in pain once again. His groans woke up another patient who lay in a hospital bed right beside him. The patient opened his eyes and squinted at the bright light of the hospital. Noticing his surroundings, he frowned and rubbed his eyes like he could not believe what he was seeing. When his surroundings did not change, he sat up in his bed.

 

‘‘Where am I?’’ he questioned. The doctor hurried over to him after giving final orders about the groaning patient beside him.

‘‘You are in my private clinic hospital. I am Dr. Zhang.’’ The doctor explained.

‘‘Why am I here?’’ asked the patient even more confused by this response.

‘‘One of my nurses found you on the street, you were caught in a big storm and you had a pretty heavy fever so, she brought you here to be treated.’’ Came the answer.

‘‘How long have I been here?’’ asked the young man.

‘‘Not very long, just a few days.’’

‘‘Have I been asleep the whole time?’’

‘‘No, but, you were in an extreme fever for most of it, so I expect you probably do not remember very much. I checked you earlier today and your fever has gone down significantly I expect you will be fully well tomorrow and you may go home the following day.’’

At this, the young man ran over the top of his head with his hand. ‘‘Where’s my hair?’’ he questioned in shock. ‘‘Your hair?’’ asked the Doctor Zhang, not quite understanding what the boy with full head of hair was meaning.

 

‘‘My hat, with my dreads.’’ Explained the young man. ‘‘Oh, we have your things in this box.’’ Replied Doctor Zhang pointing to the box near the young man’s bed. Hearing that, the young man quickly made a grab for the box and got his hat out of the box. The snapback was old and worn but hanging on the back of the cap were long red dreadlocks.

 

He stuck it on his head covering his own hair. ‘‘I am not even going to ask.’’ Commented Doctor Zhang, shaking his head. He got up to walk away to another patient which he needed to look at when, the young man grabbed his arm. ‘‘Wait, 배고팡 (bae go pang).’’

 

Soon, one of the nurses came with a dish of rice porridge and put it in front of the patient. The patient eagerly started to dig into the food. What seemed like a minute later he was done with the porridge and begging for more food. The nurse smiled to see such a lively boy in a hospital, and went quickly to bring him another bowl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

배고팡 (bae-go-pang) is the cute aegyo way of saying I’m hungry.

Which member is it? I left you guys a big clue.

I promise you guys, I will update next week. I would have updated earlier, but, my sister got married on April 23, my week off work and I wasn’t able to update then.