Chapter 2

Guardian Gang

Authornim's note:

Here is the second chapter.


But, just because they made plans to leave did not mean that leaving was easy. In fact, it was anything but easy. Not long after they began making plans did they hear a knock on the door. 


"Who is it?" Asked Suho. " Lee Jong Suk , sir," replied the man at the door. Suho opened the door and the man stepped in. "I have orders from your father to keep you under house arrest." Began the man. 

Tap. Tap. Tap. Suho woke up to a slight tap of rain on his window. It was dark and storms had been raging off and on for days now. These past nights under house arrest had been quite unrestful for the young man. He had not truely wanted to fall asleep because he was afraid the nightmares about his mother’s death would plague him once again. But, he could not stay awake forever, and so, he would fall asleep only to wake up again because of a slight noise he had heard. Suho had not seen anything of his two bodyguards for at least a week since the house arrest. He often wondered what they were doing and he missed their pleasent conversations. 

Early, the next morning when the guard came in with Suho’s breakfast, Suho asked if he could see his father. The guard sent another man with the message to the Boss and Suho ate his breakfast. 


‘‘Nae, what is it?’’ asked Boss Kim, the knock from the guard  echoed down the hall. ‘‘Your son, requests an audience.’’ Responded the man. Not a minute later, the guard had returned  to Joonmyun's room to prounce that he could have an audience with the Boss. Boss Kim was sitting in his chair facing the back of the room when his son entered the room a few minutes later. ‘‘Father, I would like to ask for your forgiveness for my rude talk yesterday.’’ Began Joonmyun. To this his father only grunted. The Boss did not even bother turning himself to face the young man.

‘‘I wish to go with you to Mother, just like last year.’’ The young man continued bravely. To this the older Kim turned and looked at his son. ‘‘It seems the future Boss of Double Dragons has come to his senses.’’ He responded without even a hint of emotion evident in his voice.

   Not a week later, both father and son headed out to the memorial site of the Park Chae-won, the beloved mother and wife. Since they owned their own family burial ground, it was easy to not be noticed by the general public. Both father and son stood over the grave marker and laid down flowers at the site. After a short silence, Joonmyun’s father spoke up,‘‘I want to let you know that I have taken care of all the men who are to blame for your death. I fully revenged your death and there are no more of their kind left. I will make sure I care for our son and that nothing happens to him.

I will continue training him, so, that someday he can take his rightful place as the leader and therefore carry on the family inheritance.’’ After this, his father asked Joonmyun would like to say anything. Joonmyun nodded but asked,‘‘Father, can I please be alone for a time?’’ To this his father agreeded and Joonmyun was left alone infront of the grave. ‘‘Mom, this your son, Joonmyunnie, here. I have decided to finally leave the Jopok as you have requested. I will fulfill your dying wish. I know you want the best for me. I wanted to bring Father with me, but, you know how Father is. I still hope that someday Father will want to be with me. Thank you for all you have done for me in the past. Thank you for getting Father to agreeing that Kris and Tao should be my bodyguards. I told them about our plan to leave and they want to come with me. Aren’t they awesome? Well, I guess I should go. Bye.’’ Joonmyun did a short bow to his mother gravesite and proceeded to leave, but, not the way he came. Instead, he left the site through a different direction that lead to the woods.

‘‘Has my son come back yet?’’ asked the Boss a few minutes later to the bodyguards who stood at the exit to the memorial site. ‘‘No, Boss, we have not seen him yet.’’ Responded the guards. ‘‘Hmmmm…..I wonder what is taking so long.’’ Grunted his Father.
 

‘‘Master, come back to the Jopok and no one will get hurt. Your father just wants you. He doesn’t want to have to lock you up until you obey him.’’ Replied the men who were sent by the Double Dragon’s leader to Joonmyun. ‘‘No, mom wanted me to leave, I told him I was leaving and I am not coming back.’’ Announced Suho to the ten men in black. To this they responded by attacking both Tao and Suho. Kris was not there. 

They had arrived in Changwon a few short days ago, and had found a place to live and decided to go out to see the fun places to go of the town. They had found a bar, and Kris had gone in first ton check out the place. They had stayed out for a minute or two and then they were attacked by the men in black. Tao had immediately used his staff to beat at least five of the guys down before they could pull out their guns. His martial arts skills were extremely good after all he was the best in the all of the Korean Jopoks, since he had been trained since he was a young child.

‘‘Tao, look out!’’ screamed Suho. The guy with the gun had turned toward Tao and was pointing the end of the barrel near him. But, it was too late. Tao was shot, and Suho had no time to catch Tao before he fell to the ground. The bullet had not hit Tao’s heart, which Suho was thankful for, but, the amount of blood on the ground was a huge concern. If Suho was not able to get Tao to a doctor soon, Suho did not how his young bodyguard could possibly survive. Suho, needed to find Kris and now.