Moving On

Listen (BTS ROMANCE DRAMA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could tell you the events of the rest of the day, but really it just consisted of Jimin, Namjoon and I meeting many rich business people and me having this dreadful feeling in my stomach as if I were doing something wrong. As if I were cheating or betraying someone.

 

I really wanted Jungkook at my side, although it probably wouldn't have appeared that way by my actions. I wanted to leave and go to him and hide in his arms, but I'm stronger than that.

 

Namjoon, taking an evident liking to me and my supposed charm, made plans to spend Christmas Eve with Jin and I, and join us for Christmas brunch at Jin’s. Jin and Namjoon knew each other from high school I guess. I also enjoyed talking to him too. I told him about Jungkook, how could I not? He was so surprised that I had a boyfriend, it's was sort of offensive. Then again, he saw me with Jimin.

Whatever that means.

 

When I got home that day, I was exhausted and anxious. I ran straight into the bathroom and threw up. Then, I made my way to the kitchen to greet Jin.

    

He was on the phone talking in korean, so I assumed it was his parents on the line. I pulled out my phone and called Jungkook. I knew he was busy, but I needed to see him. Just to confirm that nothing changed, that everything was okay.

 

    “Kara? Hey!” His sweet voice buzzed through my phone.

    “Are you busy? Am I disturbing you?” I clarified. I, myself hated if someone called me in the middle of a focus session.

    “Nope, I finished my paper and I was just about to call Taehyung over. Why don’t you come too?”

I bit my lip, I didn’t really want to talk to Taehyung lately.

    “No I’ve had a long day I think I’ll just stay in.”

There was a breif pause, and I expected Jungkook was trying to analyze what I was saying.

    “Well he won’t be here for a while, and I want to hear about your day, like wow you meet the Mafia. My girlfriend hangs out with mafia damn.” Jungkook chuckled.

    “Oh gosh Jungkook. I’m seriously tired though, but I’ll tell you all about it at school tomorrow.”

    “Alright good night Kara.”

    “Night.”

I hung up. I made my into my bedroom and looked at myself in the long mirror behind my door.

I wasn’t tired. I wanted to hang out. I had completed my work already. I had no upcoming tests i the next week to study for. For what seemed like the first time in forever, I had nothing to do.

    “Hey Kara, sorry I’m off the phone now, can you come downstairs?” Jin called. I exhaled and ran back down the stairs.

 

V

 

After finishing up another silent dinner with my family, I grabbed my coat and got in the car to Jungkook’s. We were going to just chill, maybe play some basketball. It was late, and if you squinted enough you could see the moon trying to surpass the gloomy winter fogs.

I drove over, and on my way I passed Kara’s house. I stopped the car momentarily just to see if I could see her. Yeah, that sounds creepy, but I did it. The light to her room was on, but I couldn’t see her. We hadn’t been talking much lately, after the whole incident where I confessed.

To be honest, I had no idea what I was thinking. It never occurred to me that Kara could be anything more than my best friend. I had wanted her to be with Jungkook, but ever since it happened, I cannot deny that I have been jealous. Especially now that they’re actually paying attention to each other.

I couldn’t love Kara that way. Hell, I couldn’t love anyone  that way. Not until I let go of Dakota.

Dakota

I never talked about her. Kara doesn’t know. Jungkook doesn’t know. No one knows. I’m too afraid of letting go, and I know the second I tell someone, it’ll be over. The dream of her.

I see her at school sometimes. She never looks at me, which hurts but I can’t do anything I suppose. She’s become irrelevant but a part of me wants to hold on, even though it makes all the sense in the world to forget about her.

I blinked, and realized I was still outside of Kara’s house. I quickly stepped on the gas and made my way to Jungkook’s house.

When I got there I was surprised to see another car that I didn’t recognize.

It was a black BMW i8. I bit my lip, the only person who came to mind that could own such an expensive car was…

The door of the car opened and he emerged. His hair was gelled neatly and was wearing a clean pressed dress shirt over black trousers. He has black studs in ears and a very focused expression on his face. He looks over towards me, then leaning against his car as if waiting for me to come to him.

What a guy. As always, I had to be congenial, so I parked across the street and walked over to him.

    “Hey Jimin! It’s been a while!” I high fived him, and he gave a charming smile. Damn, he seemed different. “What are you doing here though?”

    “Well...I could make an excuse, but I might as well tell you, I’m here to get Kara.”

    “Kara isn’t here.”

    “I know Kara isn’t here, silly Taehyung.” Him calling me my full name hit a nerve. Put as much gel in your hair as you want Jimin, you’re still the biggest douche around.

“Wait…” I grabbed Jimin’s shoulder before he began to head towards Jungkook’s door. “Why now? Have you been seeing her?”

“No, I just woke up today and was like oh I feel like getting in a fight. Think a little Taehyung, I thought you were smart.” Jimin smirked, then noticing my worried expression he explained, “She came to me. Both times. The first time, I’m not quite sure why she came, but she came to my school and we had coffee together. The second time, we ran into each other at her cousin’s...party.”

    “I didn’t know any of this.” I muttered, frustrated that she was meeting him behind my back. Then I remembered, Jungkook didn’t know about Jimin’s ordeal with Kara. “You can’t go in there Jimin.”

    “She was so pleased with me, you should have seen her. There’s still love in her eyes. You want her to be happy don’t you. You agree with me that Jungkook is going to keep her from that. She can’t be tied down right now.”

I had no words, because honestly nothing Jimin was saying was making any sense to me.

    “You love her too don’t you!?” Jimin screamed. I think he was high, I could see tears in his eyes. I needed to calm him down.

    “Jimin, chill.” I shook him, “What the hell are you even saying right now? What is fighting Jungkook going to accomplish. You’re smart too, think about what Kara would want. If you love her then let her go. Let her go!” I heard my voice raising. “What the are you even saying Jimin?” Why was I still talking. Uh-oh. “You’re a BRAT. How dare you even say you love her? After everything you did to her?”

I don’t know what had come over me. I’m usually pretty understand. I don’t really get angry, but in that moment, I lashed out.

    “YOU ABUSED HER JIMIN. You bullied her. Granted, I know what she did to you, but that is NO EXCUSE. What are you Jimin? You’re just an attention seeking Brat, and the only one who would look twice at you was Kara which is why you’re so ing possessive of her. The second another girl gives a about you I am SURE you’ll drop her in the gutter. But that’s never gonna happen. You’re lonely Jimin, you’re troubled and a mess. So answer you’re own damn question Jimin, don’t you want her to be happy?” I took a deep breath. I needed. To. Shut. Up. I looked at Jimin, whose tears has escaped the comfort of his eyes. He wiped the swiftly and proceeded to kick his tire.

    “DAMMIT.” He screamed.

    “I….I’m sorry. That was harsh.” I said quietly. Jimin didn’t look me in the eye, he just stared at the concrete driveway. “Please go home Jimin, please let her go. It’s the best thing for you.”

    “She’s not coming back Taehyung.” Jimin said suddenly, in a coarse voice. How did he know. Of all people. “Are you gonna let this go too?”

I bit my lip. “At least for now,” I said after pausing for a while. Jimin sighed.

    “I hope to keep in touch Taehyung.” He bowed slightly to me before sliding into his car and zooming off. I ran my hand through my hair, overcome with stress all of a sudden.

I went up to Jungkook’s front door and rang the doorbell.

He answered, and looked at me with concern, “Are you okay? You’re hella pale.”

I smiled, like I always do, “Yeah. Wanna go for a run?”

Jungkook raised his eyebrows, “Sure why not.”

 

Jungkook

There’s a great feeling when you run in winter. Obviously there was no snow, but the wind was sharp and cold. It kind of slaps you in the face and opens your eyes.

    “Hey listen,” V exhaled, three steps in behind me, “Can we stop at Kara’s?”

I didn’t slow down, “Why? I talked to her already, she’s tired.”

    “Well, something happened and I need you both to be there.” He slowed down. I did the same.

    “I know. I saw.” I whispered. V’s eyes widened.

    “Really?”

    “Obviously I had no idea what you guys were saying, but I know he was there. But if we go there now, Jin’s home.”

    “So? He might wanna hear this too.”

I nodded, “Alright, should we call her first?”

    “Jungkook.” V rolled his eyes, “live a little.” He began running in the direction of Kara’s neighborhood. I set off after him.

 

Jin answered the door. I didn’t know how Jin felt about me, but like most people, he liked V a lot.

    “Wow, two sweaty boys at my doorstep, to what do I owe this pleasure?”

V laughed, “Jimin Park payed me a visit today.”

Jin pursed his lips, “I’ll make some coffee. Good to see you V.” He let us in the door.

    “Hey Jin.” I said shyly.

    “Jungkook.” He nodded nonchalantly. I was going to make Jin like me, someday. It was a goal. We made our way into the living room where Kara was sitting in an oversized sweatshirt and running shorts. She looked tired, and her hair was in a cute bun on top of her head.

    “Oh wow, hey” She stood up. I expected her to greet V first because he was in front of me but she walked right past him and hugged me. “What are you doing here?”

I glanced towards Taehyung who had a sad smile on his face as he took a seat on the couch in front of us. “We have to talk to you. Or rather V has to tell us all something.” Kara’s eyes filled with concern. I think she realized how obviously she had just brushed V aside. She went over to V and sat by him. I supposed I should let her.

    “Hi.” She whispered to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter