No More Dream

Listen (BTS ROMANCE DRAMA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kara ~

 

Jin apparently received an email from my father, saying that his cousin (so my uncle if you will) wanted to have an interview with me to invest in my education.

       “A sugar daddy.” Jin explained, as he had me sit with him on the roof a chilly evening. The snow had begun to fall, and it was extremely quiet outside. If I paid enough attention I could hear the mournful calls of the snowy owl from far off. “He’s basically going to ask you some questions about your life plan...and decide whether he wants to give you money in order to help you get an upper hand on your future. Make sense?” I nodded perfunctorily. Jin continued, “I’ve met him once at a Conference in San Francisco when I was in high school. It was for our school's Business Club, and he gave a lecture, very impressive on at that. He owns a really successful company in South Korea, Kim Enterprises. They make very important parts for cellular and other technological devices, but the man himself is a business tycoon. If I am not wrong he saved a lot of money dedicated to his son’s education, but his son has decided not to go to college so he’s looking for another place to put the money.”

I considered what Jin was saying, “Is the son’s name by any chance, Namjoon?”

Jin looked taken aback, “I think so, yeah. How do you know?”

       “Well duh, he’s my cousin. I met him once briefly at a family reunion I remember. He’s roughly your age too I think. So, if he doesn't want to go to college, what does he plan on doing?”

 

Jin chuckled to himself, “Namjoon Kim is a gangster Kara. He’s one of the biggest mafia kings in the East Coast.”

I laughed, hearing this unbelievable information, “Sure Jin.”

       “I am so not kidding.” Jin couldn’t contain his laughter when he saw me grinning sheepishly. He took my hand and played with the various combinations of how our fingers would intertwine. “Don’t grow up Kara.” He whispered to me.

       “Jin please you sound like a father,” I giggled, nudging him playfully in the ribs. He smiled at me with regret in his eyes.

Jungkook

 

       “Yeah so I’d probably ask Jin if I were you…” V muttered, sipping his latte while I rambled about how I felt like I didn’t know Kara sometimes. I was taken aback by his statement.

       “Why the hell would I ask him? How is he relevant?” I asked. If anything I thought it was shady that Kara’s parents allowed for a boy to live with them.

       “He’s her legal guardian; he probably knows everything going through her head, her past, and her future.”

 

It took me a minute to process what V was saying, “What?!”

       “Yeah after Kara’s parents got divorced...wait, did you not know about that?”

       “When the did Kara’s parents get divorced?” I exclaimed, almost spilling my own coffee.

       “Like, I dunno, a month ago?” V’s eyes were filled with a mix of humor and concern. It disgusted me, how come he knew about this and I didn’t.

       “Why wouldn’t she tell me?”

       “She didn’t really care Kookie, chill.” V continued indifferently.

       “I’m supposed to be the person who hears about this stuff first. God damnit V!” I growled. If she didn’t care, why did he know? Why does he always know more than I do? Why is he always ahead of me when it comes to Kara? How does he know what she’s feeling, what she wants, and how to deal with her?

       “Jungkook.” V caught on too my growing resentment.

       “I’m trying really hard V.” I said bitterly, “I hope I don’t have anything to worry about with you.”

       “Are you insane?” V asked.

       “Back off V. I’m saying this to you nicely now, but next time it’s gonna be not so nice.” I spat at him. V smirked at me bitterly and stormed out of the coffee shop.

 

Kara

 

I’ll be really honest, I did think about telling Jungkook about my parent’s divorce. But in the same honestly, I don’t feel that comfortable with him yet. It’s not like the other high school couples I have seen that meet, two weeks later they’re dating and know all of each other’s deepest secrets.

 

I was worried though, when I opened my door to see a furious Jungkook, that our relationship would be coming to an end. On the same grounds, Jungkook and I were quite distant from each other, emotionally, lately. Breaking up would not have seemed so ridiculous.

       “I need to know why.” The only words he spoke when I opened the door, overcome with surprise and shock. “Why wouldn’t you tell me, Kara?” He looked betrayed and sad, but in a second he overcame it and pulled me into a tight embrace.

 

I missed the smell of him, we hadn’t been close lately, and I am not really sure why. My reaction to difficulties in personal relationships was always to act coolly indifferent until the other person came around. I felt warm in his arms, I felt secure, and safe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter