Jump

Listen (BTS ROMANCE DRAMA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kara

It was almost the end of October, nothing really eventful had happened in September. Everyone got back into the routine of school, homework, and clubs. I joined the science club and the debate team. V and Jungkook were on the soccer team and had a lot of matches and things, so they had yet to join any clubs. Homecoming was in two weeks, and Jungkook was still my date. Jin and I had been the only ones home for most of the month. My father was at a business trip in Hong Kong, while my mother decided to stay with her sister longer. Suga and I had talked a lot more because of Spanish class. He was really nice and passionate about weird things like video games and superheroes, which I would never have expected from his cold, gangster-like first impression. Jimin was a part of orchestra, but he would not attend the class, he was just taking private lessons with the conductor and would perform at our concerts. Since our first concert is in winter, I won’t be seeing him until then.

There was one person who I had not spoken to or thought of in a while, and this was J-Hope. So it was quite unexpected when he approached me in the school library after classes ended.

        “Hey,” The tall boy slid into the chair next to me. I pulled out my headphones and looked at him with a questioning look. “I owe you an apology Kara. I was just upset that Jimin is really gone, even though he truly deserves it, and what you did was right, and I want you to know that I’ve changed. I’m not going to just follow someone else around anymore, I’m going to be my own person.”

I gave a blank expression because I frankly did not know why he was telling me this. “Good.” I said.

        “And so, to make it up to you…” He slid me a poster. I read it with suspicion. It was a flyer for a big Halloween concert featuring a lot of artists that both J-Hope and I liked listening to.

        “You’re taking me to a rave?” I asked with amusement. J-Hope grinned widely.

        “Kara, you know you want to go. It’s gonna be lights, music, people, dancing. You love all that, I know you do.”

I bit my lip and glanced at the poster again. “Alright fine. Just you and me, and you cannot tell anyone.”

J-Hope looked at me funny, “Um, okay. It’s gonna be hell of a lot of fun though.” He patted my head and left. I crumpled up the poster and shoved it into my backpack. If V or Jungkook saw that I was going to a rave they would freak out, even more so if they knew J-Hope invited me. Not only that, but rave’s were for the types of teenagers who prioritized different things than I did now, and music was a side of me that Jungkook didn’t know about. My wild side. I didn’t want him to judge me as a party person or anything.

When I got home, Jin had left a note saying he was at the gym. I decided it would be nice for me to make him dinner, so I opened the fridge in anticipation of cooking something wonderful. We had pasta noodles so I decided to make some Alfredo. As I took out the ingredients, I heard a knock on the door. I knew that when I was home alone I should not open the door, so I ignored it.

        “Kara! I know you’re home!” Jungkook’s familiar voice announced. I laughed and allowed him inside. He was holding a large black shopping bag.

        “Did you buy me a gift?” I asked.

Jungkook blushed, “Well, it benefits us both.” He handed it to me. I led him to my living room and opened the bad. It was a dazzling, elegant and gorgeous dark blue dress.

        “Jungkook-” I was speechless. The dress was absolutely amazing; I wanted to try it on right away. “I...wow.”

        “I want to see how it looks on you, if you don’t mind?”

Still dazed, I nodded and headed up to my room to change. The dress covered my feet, but I felt beautiful in it. It had no sleeves but the top was silver and the skirt was silver, but covered with a flowing navy blue translucent material. It fit me great in every way. I carefully walked down to show Jungkook.

When I walked down Jungkook was waiting for me, and as he saw me, the smile on his face grew.

        “You look amazing.”

I still had no idea what to say. He didn’t have to buy me a dress, and yet here I was. Should I repay him? Maybe with a kiss? But I wasn’t one of those girls who repaid their boyfriends material gifts with physical love, because that was unethical. And Jungkook wasn’t my boyfriend. I barely knew anything about him.

        “Thank you Jungkook.”

        “V picked it out, if I’m gonna be honest here, but I loved it. My suit goes with it too.” Jungkook laughed. I’m not sure what got into me but I went up to him and took his hand.

        “Jungkook Jeon,” He was inches away from me. And all of a sudden we were just standing there. I felt a lot of tension. I wanted to kiss him so badly; my bottom lip was almost twitching in anticipation. I knew Jungkook was feeling confused too, as I saw his eyes move from mine to my lips, fluttering. I moved in a little, he did too, but neither of us were going to make the first move. It was awkward, but it also wasn’t. A thought occurred to me that Jin could probably walk in any moment now, and I didn’t want him to see me home alone with anyone, especially kissing them. Yet as all these things ran through my mind, I couldn’t back away. I decided to make this official. I was going to ask him out right at this moment. “Are we going out?”

        “Hm?” Jungkook said his eyes still switching focus from my eyes and my lips.

        “Are you my…” Oh lord this was awkward, “boyfriend?” I blushed because of how lame that sounded. Jungkook opened his mouth to respond but I stepped away from him suddenly in order to stop him from responding. “Will you be? I’m asking you.” I clarified. Jungkook smiled.

        “Yes.”

        “Alright.” I grinned, “Now get out of my house before Jin comes home and grounds me for life.”

        “I have so many things to ask you,” Jungkook stated, “So many things I want you to know.”

        “We’ve got a lot of time. I’ll see you tomorrow okay?” I led him to the door, hand in hand. He turned around.

        “So, this is real? We’re actually doing this?” Jungkook asked. I laughed and nodded my head.

 

V

 

I knew the dress gesture would make it official, in fact I pretty much already considered them a couple.

The more I sat and thought about it, the more I realized that Kara has absolutely no idea what she just got herself into.

Maybe I should have warned her.

Maybe I should have warned her about him.

 

Kara

 

Literally right after Jungkook left, I heard the garage door. Jin was home. I was still wearing the dress. Sh*t.

Jin walked in, wearing his muscle tee and basketball shorts, sweat on the end of his hair and a towel around his neck. He took one look at me and pursed his lips.

And yet I was met another situation where I had nothing to say.

        “Damn.” He exhaled quietly, and then walked away into the kitchen. I ran upstairs (as fast as one can run in a floor-length dress) and put my regular clothes on, then joined Jin in the kitchen.

        “We’re you going to cook?” Jin asked, observing all the ingredients lying around the kitchen.

        “Oh yeah, I was gonna make Alfredo for you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter