The Most Beautiful Moment(s) In Life

Listen (BTS ROMANCE DRAMA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kara~

I woke up on Christmas morning with a frown on my face. I hadn’t accomplished anything over this break. I wanted to start doing my math notes ahead of time, and maybe read some books, but instead I would spend most of my time watching christmas movies with Jin and Namjoon and going for runs with Jungkook.

 

Jin wandered into my room. “Morning princess.” He gave me a warm smile. He was wearing cute christmas-colored plaid jammies and a white v-neck. He had a mug with him, by the smell of it I could tell it was hot chocolate. He handed it to me as I sat upward. “Merry christmas. We’re going to leave in an hour for brunch okay?”

I nodded, sipping the hot drink and feeling it sear the tip of my tongue.

    “Where’s Namjoon? It’s awfully quiet.” I asked. Normally, Namjoon was the first to rise, and would be cooking extravagant meals for us or cleaning some part of the house, while Jin would leave and go to the gym.

    “He had to go out to take care of something, but he’ll be at brunch, don’t worry.”

    “Are you gonna be coming out to your parents?” I jokes. Jin smiled, and ruffled my hair.

    “Get ready kid.”

    “I miss when you weren’t my mom and dad Jin. We’d wake up together and go down and rip open all the presents, because we were such good kids.”

Jin laughed and sat at the foot of my bed.

    “Yeah me too.” He had a distant look in his eyes. “Well, I’ll be downstairs waiting.” I nodded as he left.

Brunch was interesting. Namjoon charmed the pants off of Jin’s parents, but the meal itself became awkward because they began asking about Namjoon’s job.

    “So, where do you attend University, Namjoon?” Mrs. Kim asked, cutting her ham with little intensity.

    “Oh, I already have a job, so I didn’t join college.” Namjoon responded sweetly.

    “Oh how nice, what do you do?”

Namjoon glanced at Jin who’s chewing stopped. “I run a business.”

    “Oh what sort of business?”

    “Well my father owns Kim Enterprises, so I run a branch of it.” Namjoon lied confidently, Jin looked relieved. I had to gather all my strength not to burst out laughing. Those two were the cutest.

Eventually we finished brunch, and Mrs. Kim gave me a long talk about how she was always there if I ever needed a female person to talk to and how she loved me as if I were her own child, and she is sorry about the divorce and all that. I thanked her, and then the three of us headed home.

    “Hey Jin, can we stop at Jungkook’s, I have his gift.” I said as we got in the car.

    “Yeah okay.” We drove over there. In the car, Namjoon and Jin sang along to old pop songs from their sad, pathetic youth. Just kidding, but it was annoying to me because I didn’t know any of the songs.

I made my way to Jungkook’s door. His mother answered.

    “Hello Kara!” She greeted me warmly, “Merry Christmas! Are you having a good holiday?”

    “Yes indeed Mrs. Jeon. I actually have a gift to drop off for Jungkook. Is he here right now?” I said charmingly. Mrs. Jeon smiled, I figure she was impressed with me.

    “He’s upstairs, you know your way.” Mrs. Jeon allowed me to enter. I was comfortable with Jungkook’s house at this point. I practically came every week to study with Jungkook. He might be my boyfriend, but both of us considered our studies the most important thing in our lives. Once I arrived at Jungkook’s room I knocked.

    “Yeees?” I heard Jungkook slur. I giggled at the lazy tone of his voice, it was cute.

    “It’s Santa. Open up.” I said humorously. The door opened and a wide-grinning Jungkook stood before me in a sweatshirt and basketball shorts.

    “OH MY GOD! I DIDN'T GET YOU ANYTHING!” Jungkook screamed, covering his mouth. He pulled me inside and shut the door halfway, just so his mother didn’t get suspicious.

    “That’s okay Kookie, I wasn’t expecting anything. I give everyone gifts so don’t think you’re all that special.”

    “ .” Jungkook muttered. “I’m so sorry Kara.”

    “Chill man, you bought me a goddamn dress, I think that covers it.”

    “Ugh, I feel like a horrible person.”

    “Will you at least take it? Jin and Namjoon are waiting for me outside.” I giggled, handing him the small box.

    “Damnit you deserve so much better. Thanks babe.” Jungkook kissed my forehead. I coughed.

    “Did you just call me babe?” There was silence.

    “Is that bad?”

    “Well….” I paused. I really didn’t have anything to say. “No….but….no.” Jungkook nodded in understanding.

    “Okay sweet honey lover” Jungkook teased, pulling my cheek. I slugged him playfully.

    “That sounds like a desert. I really gotta go Kookie.”

    “I want a nickname for you…” Jungkook pleaded, holding his grip on my arm to prevent me from leaving. “Don’t leave Kara…..” He whined.

    “My name is so short though! You don’t need a nickname for me…” Jungkook pulled me in for a tight squeeze before shuffling my hair and letting me go.

    “Thank you for the gift Kara. I’ll make it up to you….Merry christmas.” He said modestly, blushing slightly.

The rest of break passed with bliss. Nothing exceptional. If anything, I had expected to feel lonely without my parents, but Jin’s parents substituted well, and on top of that Jin and Namjoon had pretty much established themselves as my local parents too. I went from being essentially alone, to having too many eyes on me. Taehyung and I went ice skating the day after Christmas, something I had never experienced before. It was a lot of fun, and I wished Jungkook could have come too, but he had other affairs to attend to. The New Year's trip was dawning upon us, and little did I realize how significant a trip like this would be in my life. My first outing with my friends...not only friends but also my boyfriends. Jin became unusually irritable as the date grew nearer, and Namjoon, as result took to being even more gregarious than usual. He took me shopping to buy clothes for the trip, and let me spend as lavishly as I wanted, although I did not care to spend a lot of money on clothes. Namjoon said his money was as good as mine, so not to feel burdened if he bought me stuff. It’s strange to say, but that outing was the closest I’ve felt to having...a mother...ever. The day before my flight, Jin sat me down and laid out some rules that he probably knew I was aware of, but was obliged to tell me.

    “You’re not to sleep in a room with boys.”

    “Mhm.”

    “Don’t drink or do anything illegal.”

    “Mhm.”

    “I swear Kara I will make your life hell if you screw up.”

    “I know you will Jinnie.” I smiled. He sighed in stress.

    “Listen Kara...Your father called me and said your mom is in town for a party hosted by the Park family.”

    “I know.”

    “Well apparently she’s filed for partial custody and is going to come visit.”

Annoyance filled my veins. In the seventeen years I had lived, my mother couldn’t have given less s about me, and all of a sudden when I was finally ready to accept that, she wanted to be a part of my life? I clenched my fists.

    “Well I won’t be here.”

    “That’s why I’m worried. She might kill me. And on top of that, Namjoon is staying here too.”

    “.” I muttered. Jin was really screwed. Hopefully my dad could bail him out but I couldn’t imagine the stress Jin was going through just to accommodate my wishes. “Jin...You should have said no to me….I would have understood.”

    “No Kara, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice your youth.” Jin said bitterly. I could understand why he said something like that. Poor Jin was forced to grow up so fast because of me, because of my parents. It was unfair, but he bore with it anyway.

    “You do so much for me Jin. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to thank you enough-” When suddenly the front door opened.

And in walked, covered in a flamboyant white fur coat, my dear dear mother.

    “Seokjin! How’s my baby girl doing? Have I interrupted?” She said, without even glancing in my direction. I loathed her.

    “Cai Auntie. It’s been so long!” Jin called my mom Cai Auntie since we were kids. I guess Cai was like her chinese name or something. I don’t actually know because well, she was never around to tell me. She went by Caitlyn Shen, I knew that much. Her birthday was on June 7th.

    “Jin….I saw suitcases. Are you two planning on going somewhere…” As if the situation couldn’t get any worse, Namjoon chose that moment to walk downstairs.

    “Jinnieeeeeee I’m boredddd” Namjoon whined casually. He was (luckily) wearing a light blue checked button down and white khakis, so when my mother saw him she wasn’t too revolted.

    “Caitlyn.” Namjoon’s face was dark and unamused.

    “Have some respect child. Obviously you wouldn’t have any, being a part of the Kim side.” My mother laughed at her own words while the three of us were completely flabbergasted.

    “Why are you here, you have no reason to be?” Namjoon retorted sternly, taking my side protectively. I wonder if he knew.

    “To see my daughter!” She finally looked at me. “How pretty just like your mother. I’m sure you have men all over you.”

    “Hi mom.”

    “However, your idiotic father has informed me of some silly vacation that you plan to go on tomorrow with...some said men...and I had to come and tell you that you are not to go.”

    “Excuse me?” I snapped.

    “Watch your tone Kara. It looks very skeptical in my name, if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter