Where Did You Come From

Listen (BTS ROMANCE DRAMA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a long time Kara wondered if she really enjoyed what she was doing with her life. Her life was relatively simple, but in turn, it was also overly complicated. She often found herself sitting at her desk, subconsciously tapping her pencil against her forehead with no real motivation to do anything. In a frustrated urge to regain focus, she called up her friend and they decided to go study at the library. Kara didn’t study at the library often, because she found comfort in being alone in her room, but she knew that an attitude like that would not get her far in life. She had to get out of the out and be around others. Having social presence and confidence was really key to becoming successful. As such thoughts ran through her mind, she and her friend, Ari, heard familiar voices in the Library. Some of her classmates, Jungkook, Lane and V were sitting and studying.

“Kara,” her friend said to her, “do you see them?” Kara nodded indifferently. She was decent friends with Lane and V, they had known each other for a while through school. And then there was Jeon Jungkook. He had moved to their school only last year, and although she had some classes with him the previous year, she rarely spoke to him. He was really adorable looking, and she knew he was smart because of his honors status. To be honest, she had a little crush on him, but it was irrelevant. “Kara, we have to talk to other people you know. Let’s go sit with them.” Ari said, interrupting her thoughts.

“Alright, give me a second.” Kara took a deep breath and tried to conjure up her confidence, and then followed Ari to the table.

“Hey!!!” Her friend greeted them, “How’ve you guys been? How’s your summer going?”

Lane smiled at her, “Great! I would have never expected to find you two brainiacs in the library, as ironic as that sounds. Take a seat, let’s catch up.” They did as told. Both Jungkook and V had not even noticed that the two of them were there. Jungkook had headphones in, but V didn’t.

“V and I just got back yesterday from a Business camp at Stanford, so we really need to bulk up on that summer reading!” Kara looked at V, who still hadn’t reacted.

“Business, is that what you want to make a career out of?” Kara asked, her stomach turning at the fact she was trying to make conversation.

Lane glanced towards V, who continued to ignore the rest “Hopefully.”

V was known for being the funny, weird extrovert at their school. He was practically friends with everyone. Today he seemed off though.

“Hey V.” Ari spoke. “Are you okay?”

V narrowed his eyes at the book he was reading, and still didn’t look up.

“Yeah, sorry.” He slipped back into the V everyone knew him to be, “Oh my god, I didn’t even see you guys! This book is ing intense haha.” He smiled warmly at the bunch. Kara smirked. She mouthed to him liar.

He grinned in a childish way, all his teeth showing, almost as to . Kara began to do her work.

~ ~ ~

After a couple of hours Kara decided to head home. She had plenty of other work to do too. She noticed that V left right after she did, and was headed in the same direction. As she stepped out onto the sidewalk, she felt V nudge her shoulder. This wasn’t exactly strange, since Kara knew V for a couple years. They’d been decent classmates, and she had nothing against him, or he to her.

“Kara Shen” V announced coming next to him.

“Taehyung Kim” She responded. She knew his full name, just because she had been in many classes with him in previous years, and heard it through attendance. She was fairly certain she pronounced it wrong. V smiled nevertheless.

“So what classes are you taking next year?”

“Well, chemistry, spanish, honors english, orchestra, honors calculus, and AP history. What about you?”

“God, you’re gonna die with that schedule.” V exclaimed. Kara laughed. “I’m taking the same classes except Physics as opposed to Orchestra.”

“Awesome…” Kara muttered. Suddenly a thought hit her. “Hey V can I ask you-” She began when ahead she spotted a couple boys from their grade. These particular boys were a part of a group that Kara disliked very much and didn’t want to deal with them. She stopped walking, and V abruptly halted as well. Kara knew that V was friends with that specific, gang, if you will, but he did not roll with them. V noticed her discomfort and placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Count until one hundred the walk, I’ll catch up to you later.” Then without even looking for her reaction, he approached the boys, who had yet to see them coming.

“Well if it isn’t V Kim!” The first boy, Suga, exclaimed. V fist bumped Suga and bro-hugged the other boy, J-Hope.

“Hey guys, hows your summer going?”

“Boring man. Running Jimin’s dirty work as usual.” Suga complained. J-Hope smirked at this statement but then saw Kara walking by.

“Damn. Is that little Kara?” V was taken aback at how informally they addressed her. Did they know her? It wasn’t any of his business so he let it pass.

Suga followed J-Hope’s gaze, “When did she get that ?”

V laughed, “Hey so, guys did you see that new Avenger’s movie? ing loved it.” V knew that Suga was a puppy for super hero talk.

“HELL YEAH.” Suga exclaimed, “Tony Stark is my ing idol.” J-Hope laughed but kept a steady watch on Kara.

“Hey Suga, we better head back to Jimin’s. He’s expecting us.” J-Hope explained, “Nice seeing you V.” V smiled at him.

“Tell Jimin I say hey.” And then they parted ways.

As Suga and J-Hope left, V narrowed his eyes in their direction. He had noticed J-Hope’s strange reaction to Kara. Was she involved with these guys? Did it have to do with Jimin? V pushed these questions aside and began running to catch up to Kara.

“Hey!” V exhaled as he reached Kara’s side.

“Thanks for that.”

“Yeah, no problem.” There were so many questions he wanted to ask, but knew it wasn’t appropriate at the time. “They’re actually cool guys when Jimin’s not-” V noticed Kara stiffen. “Well, anyway…” He changed the topic, assuming that there was something personal she had against those boys. “You were gonna ask me something?”

Kara sighed. Before that encounter she had enough confidence in her to ask V a favor, but she was suddenly very stressed out.

“Um…yeah, I don’t remember though.” They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter