I Need U

Listen (BTS ROMANCE DRAMA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello guys! Here's a kind of sad chapter. It might sound like an ending but it's really not. There's a lot coming, I just had to brush over some years because nothing important was going to happen. By the end of this chapter, most things will have changed. But don't let it fool you. There's a lot of twists and turns yet to come!

ONE MONTH LATER

Kara~

I don’t have time for regrets. Not now, not ever. I never would have thought Taehyung Kim to be the boy he turned out to be. But that just goes to show how wrong you can be about people, or rather how people can change. It’s been a month since our trip, and Taehyung has long-left Lane, and moved on to another girl...not the same one as last week, no. She’s probably crying her eyes out. Taehyung Kim, the new school player.

 

I had no idea what was up with him, but I was overcome with such bitterness when he told me what he had done with Lane, that I honestly never wanted to speak to him again. Jungkook reminded me that I was being stuck up and unfair, but I didn’t care. I was Kara Shen. I had no time for people like that in my life, I was going to be successful. If Taehyung wanted to drop everything good he had going for him, he could go right ahead. I didn’t need him.

 

Or at least that’s what I wished I would believe.

 

I distanced myself from Taehyung completely after the trip, and even slightly from Jungkook. I really just wanted to be away from the drama so I could focus on my studies and finish the year strong. But seeing them at school every day, it was suffocating.

 

Sometimes I felt like Jungkook no longer cared about me, and I would see him flirting with other girls. I wan’t neccesarily jealous, but it was a forlorn feeling that within such a short time, I had lost everyone I cared about. I’d come home, where I would see a snack on the table with a sweet note from Namjoon. I’d smile, eat quietly. No one else would be home. Jin was likely at school or the gym, Namjoon was probably at work. I was all alone. The familiar feelings of now compared to a couple years ago. Complete isolation. I was falling back into the pit of despiar that I worked so hard to get out of.

 

Maybe I belonged there. Maybe I was never meant for anything more than myself. At lunch, I didn’t have the energy to deal with my friends, so I decided to go to the library and sit alone. Hoseok was there, which surprised me considering I doubt he studied a day in his life.

    “Hey,” He said sweetly, sitting down next to me. Hoseok had known me long enough to know I wanted to be alone, which meant that I was lonely, which meant that I probably did want to talk. “What’s up?”

    “The ceiling.” I responded nonchalantly. In that moment everything seemed to collapse on itself. The part of me I had left with Hoseok, the part of me I let go for Jungkook and V, all for what? Jungkook was gone. V, well I didn’t even know V anymore. Yet, Hoseok was there to catch me as I was falling. Was it worth it? Was being someone else all year, was it worth it?

 

I began to cry, and I buried my face into Hoseok’s shoulders. He hugged me tightly, probably confused as to what was going on with me. I myself wasn't’t sure. I felt empty but I could not tell why.

 

    “What’s going on?” Hoseok asked me quietly, minding that we were still in a Library and people must be staring. I looked up at him, and then wiped away my tears, calming down. I glanced out the window, where I could see Jungkook and some guys from the soccer team flirting with some cheerleaders. I turned back to Hoseok. I couldn’t keep living a lie. I had to face the facts. What really happened on that trip.

    “Jungkook broke up with me” I never said it out loud. I thought if I never said it, it would never have to be dealt with. I wanted to act like I didn’t care. I wanted to act like none of it ever happened. But this was real life. And I had nowhere to run.

    “That bastard. Why? Everything was so good.” Hoseok prodded me.

    “He said he didn’t know me anymore. He said I changed. I was rude to Taehyung and I guess he didn’t like that”

Hoseok pursed his lips. He knew something I didn’t know. I remember how that conversation with Jungkook went. Taehyung had witnessed it all, but of course he didn’t give a .

    “Where’s Lane?” I asked, my arm holding Jungkook’s bicep. Taehyung had a faint sadness in his eyes, but it turned playful as he looked at me.

    “I don’t know. She said she wanted to go home, so I think she packed up and headed to the airport”

    “Why?” I exclaimed

    “We had , and then she told me she loved me, and I said I didn’t like her” He said bluntly. A smirk played his face. I stared into his eyes hoping for a sign that he was joking, or that he didn’t mean what he said how he said it. Nothing. He really was serious.

    “You...you bastard” Jungkook muttered in shock, “What the hell is wrong with you?”

Taehyung shrugged and laid down on his bed. “At least I’m honest about how I feel, unlike you two who are trying to convince yourself of something that doesn’t even exist”

    “What are you even saying? Are you drunk?” I asked worriedly.

    “No. I’m just realistic. Jungkook, what are you doing with your life? Dating a nobody like Kara when you could get some of the hottest girls at our school?”

I was speechless. What the hell happened? I glanced at Jungkook, who had stiffened. A wave of understanding swept over him.

    “So you saw her then.” He said quietly, but loud enough to ensure that Taehyung heard him. And yet, Taehyung refused to respond. Jungkook looked from me to Taehyung. “Kara, would you like to go to the patio with me awhile?”

I followed him. Unsure of what was going on.

    “He met up with Dakota”

I pursed my lips. Why? Why would he be so stupid? “That’s no excuse for what he did Kookie”

    “You have to try to understand it from his point of you. He needs you right now.”

    “No! He ed up! I don’t want to listen to a single thing he has to say! It’s his own fault that he went to see her! What did he think was going to happen? And even so, what he did to Lane!? Am I supposed to act like that is okay? him Jungkook. I never want to talk to the likes of him again!”

    “You cannot be for real right now Kara. Of all people, you should understand!” Jungkook snapped, “You! You who finally got everything you wished for, and still kept going back to the bastard who ruined your life!”

    “That’s not the same” I muttered, “I thought you understood” I looked into his eyes, and realized what was about to happen.

Jungkook blinked back tears and kicked the balcony fence. “You know what I’m going to say”

I dare not cry. Not in front of him. I couldn’t. I had to act like I didn’t care because, Jungkook was wrong. I was right.

    “You still have to say it”

    “I don’t know you anymore. I think it’s best we stop whatever this is”

I paused. I let the words sink in. I let all the walls around me collapse into ruins.

    “Okay cool” I said, and then I left.

 

And slowly it dawned on me that Jungkook and Kara were gone. Really truly gone. But moreover, so was Taehyung. I had lost everyone all at once.

 

Kara~

Hoseok decided to treat me to ice cream. It was something weird our families liked to do, eat ice cream in the winter. I had forgotten to bring a coat, but I probably deserved to die of hypothermia.

 

I kept on crying. I hated that I was so emotional. I guess it was partly because I hadn’t told anyone and I was comfortable with Hoseok. Hoseok inserted the cold sugary goodness into my mouth.

    “Come here” He pulled me into his arms where I just closed my eyes. I wanted to die. Everything hurt so bad.

 

The door of the ice cream parlor swung open. I didn’t see who it was, but something inside of me gave an indication. I heard a flirtatious laugh of a female.

    “Oh you’re hilarious. Oh em gee. It’s J-Hope! Is that his girlfrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter