_06

My Cold Step-brother

 

Seohyun's POV.

 "What's that?"I asked with irritation in my voice.Well who wouldn't be,he just shoved something in front of my face.I turned my head to his direction and saw him leaning his back on the counter of the table.I was washing the dishes when this damn jerk freaked the hell out of me when he just came out of nowhere.

 "Don't you know how to read?"Geez.-_-Such a very polite person.With my straight face,I looked down on the paper and right,it got something written on it.

 Umma and Uncle Max?

 "Dear Seohyun and Luhan,the two of us wouldn't be home until next week since I got some business transactions in China while your mother's going to come with me.We hope you two will get well and if not,you wouldn't like my punishments,right?.."Wait!What is this?A joke?..I'll be with this jerk without them?..No way,I may not control myself from punching him."Read the bottom part,genius."

 See?Even they just left,he's already a pain in the .As I was told,I looked at the bottom part."..anyway,don't let any party happened in my house or else you two will homeless..Bye~Have fun with your sister and brother bonding time."

 Wow!!-_-.What can I say?!..This is so brilliant!!Hahaha!!I'm going to give them awards in being so oblivious..Like the hell..Don't they see that the two us are not in good terms?I don't even know if I can survive tonight.I may be homeless tomorrow.

 He retreated his hand back to his side before folding the paper.He putted his elbows on the sides.He smirked lightly and honestly,I'm quite annoyed at him.How could he be so calm after reading that?.."What are you still doing here?"

 Making my blood boil even more,he just shrugged and didn't even said something like,"Hey Seohyun!Do you want help from that?" Or "I'm sorry for being a jerk to you."

 "I heard that."Opps..Did I blurt it out loud.Well,it's just right for him to know that I don't like him.

 

 I finished washing the dishes and that guy just went to his room.He made me feel like i'm a ghost.Huh!There's no ghost that is prettier than me,okay?!.Anyway,back to the topic.I planned to go outside–just in the garden,okay.

 Their garden is my second favorite place in their house.Of course my room is the first.Here in their small garden,I could think by my own self.It's peaceful here—just silence.Sigh.I miss everyone.It feels like I moved to another country and it kinda .What will my friends would do if Umma didn't met Uncle Max?What if Appa's still alive?Will we be like the other families?Will we be happy?

 
 Because of too much asking myself with so many emotional questions,I didn't realize my tears are flowing until someone had wiped it all.I looked down and found a white hanky being grasped by a hand.I turned my head to the owner and was surprise to what I saw.When did he learn to wipe girls' tears? 

 "Here.."He handed his hanky and it's kinda sweet..?"You look ugly when you cry?"Nah!Maybe he's just here to annoy me again.

 "Thank you,brother."I muttered sarcastically but he still managed to catch that.He glared at me a little before turning his eyes back ahead.Weird.Why is he still here?..I slightly frowned my brows but he didn't even turned my way.So I just shrugged my shoulders and wipe my tears.

 "What's bothering you,anyway?"He asked but still got his attention in front.With a sigh,I even feel sadder now but why would he care,right?

 "..Just..Things that you wouldn't understand."

 "Try me."That smirk.It's annoying."Do you like my lips?"

 "Eww.Dream on."I punched his arm and he slightly yelp which made me chuckle.By the way,what did he eat?He's talking to me now.

 My smile didn't left my lips.At least he's a little warm to me now or maybe not.I really wish to have a brother before.Someone who'll be there for me.A person that would appreciate my stories.Someone who would proudly call me as his sister.And I hope,it's him but hell no,maybe even we're older we still won't like each other.

 "You're creepy..Firs you're crying but now you're smiling..Well,at least you're smiling and not crying,you look ugly."My eyes blinked as what I heard.Is he making me feel good or annoyed?..Why is he saying such complicated sentences?

 I didn't get to speak since I lost my words.He smirked a little again and stood up before looking at me.My eyes met him and gosh,I never thought he could have a beautiful eyes." Don't forget to wash my hanky,it got your germs."What the!-_-.He changed into a jerk again.

 
 Since that incident,we didn't speak at each other again.He was in his room every time while I'm dying in boredom.I wonder what's he doing inside though.Well,maybe just his stuff..But it did completely made me confuse.The way he talk to me hours ago,it was different from the way he talked before.

 "Are you done staring?"I snapped my mind away from my thoughts.I looked at him and he looks annoyed.He crossed his arms while leaning on the wall."If you won't cook,I'll cook."I gaped at him–surprised.

 "What?You cook?"

 "What do you think?Of course I cook,I said it right?"-_-.Sarcastic much.

 Since it's a great opportunity,I let him cook and he looks cool with and apron on his waist.The way he concentrate made him look even more appealing.Why is he so perfect?..Wait!Of course he's not perfect,he's a jerk,Seohyun..But if we're not going to be siblings,I would probably like him.


 Wow!The foods look appetizing.I think he cooks well than I thought.
 
 "Thank you for the food."After praying,I didn't hesitate to taste the food.As the food made contact with my mouth,I'm surprise that it does taste different from the foods I cook,in a good way though.

 "I cook better than you,right?"

 "I'm going to say this because you cooked the food but it doesn't mean you're better than me..I agree,the taste's really good."It did come from my heart.I'm sincere when complimenting someone.Huh!He should feel lucky since I won't compliment that easily.

 "Yeah,right."

 All we did was to eat and didn't speak anymore.It's kinda awkward but I did enjoy having dinner with someone.My Umma's busy every time when we were just in our life before.I understand her but wouldn't be nice to have a company.

 "By the way,just leave those dishes."He stood up and putted his plate on the sink."Are you being a gentle man now?"I teased but he gave me a mocking laugh.

 "You seems occupied with something,I can't let you wash the dishes.You may break them,they're expensive."See.He's sometimes nice,and then back on being a jerk.

 I watched his back getting away."..Thanks for the dinner anyway."Glad I said it in time.He turned his head a little and I think he smirked a little."Your welcome."

 I can't help but to smile..I guess he's really not so bad at all or maybe not.


No One's POV.

 The next morning came and Seohyun can only found herself staring at her own reflection.Her uniform was ironed neatly while her black shoes paired perfectly with the white socks.She smiled confidently and grabbed her bag pack to start her morning by eating breakfast.

 As she stepped down,she saw Luhan's eating already.Thinking of last night,Seohyun couldn't help but to smile."Good morning."She greeted but the lad only gave her a nod.

 Seems like he change into a cold person again—being mute again.Seohyun didn't mind it though,that's him,she thought.She sat opposite him and grabbed some toast and a strawberry jam.Her eyes would sometimes glance at him.She observe him carefully.

 Nice hair.Twinkly eyes.A little petite but somehow he have muscles though.He's kinda tall but she can get to his height by using heels.And he have a great face with a feminine feature.

 "Enjoyed the view?"He asked without looking at her.As for Seohyun,she flinched a little as he spoke.She never thought he did notice even he's focusing on the book his reading.

 "Of course not..I'm just observing you why the girls like you,which I don't understand why."Proud by herself,Seohyun patted her shoulders in her mind for thinking of a great excuse.

 "Really?"

 "Of course..And why would I enjoy looking at your face.You're not my type."Luhan shrugged his shoulders before closing the book.He stood up.

 "Says the one who's the most beautiful girl in the world..".He mocked back."..I'm going first."

 

 The school campus was crowded since an announcement was made for the seniors.They formed in line by their sections as the mic was held by the principal's secretary.She looked professional with her working clothes and an eyeglass to paired up her job.She cleared and gave the mic and her lips a little space between.

 "Okay,everyone's here?"She scanned the whole area and found that no one's out."As you can see,the Christmas is coming.And I know you still remember the charity we used to help right?So as the principal said,you have to volunteer for some activities so that we can earn money and give them to the kids for this christmas eve."

 The students groan silently,they like kids and helping them but joining those activities means a tired body.And anyway,the Christmas is after two months which means it's still quite far.
 
 "Why do we have to do it early?"Someone complained quietly but the secretary heard her."We have to do it early so we can earn a lot of money..So..Are you guys excited?"

 
 Seohyun bit her lip as she read the paper.It was an application of what will you choose to do for the fund for the charity.She was hesitating since she likes to do a lot of things.But something making her confuse.She's stuck between helping the patients in a big hospital or be a teacher for the kids in the orphanage.Those two choices have great help for the other people but what will she choose?

 "Hey!"

 "Mother in galaxy!"Seohyun closed her eyes and her right hand reached her chest.

 "Hahaha..You look so cute,Seohyunie."Seohyunie?When did she became Seohyunie?

 Opening her eyes,Seohyun slapped his arm and glared at him."You almost killed me."

 "Sorry..Are you even a girl,you slap like wrestler."Teasing her even more made her annoyed.She glared even more and slapped his arm again.As for the lad,he scrunch in pain.Sure she was strong.

 "You're such a meanie."She pouted and crossed her arms.It's not that she hated him and she can't though since he's the only friend she got.

 "I'm sorry..It's just that you're cute when you're angry..By the way,what did you choose?"He asked and grabbed the paper between her grip.

 "Yah!I didn't choose something yet..I'm quite confused."She grabbed the paper back and straighten it.Her eyes glance on his paper and seems like he had chosen already."You..What did you choose?"

 "Me..Hmm..I choose,cleaning the library."Despite of knowing how hard the activity he choose,a smile crept on his face making Seohyun to look suspiciously on Jinyoung."And why?"

 "Because..There's this girl..And I like her,and she's choose the activity as well..So.."Disappointed ,hurt,confused,hopeless,and jealous—all can describe her feelings right now.Why?,she thought.Why do you have to like someone?

 "Hey!Seohyun,are you alright?"

 No i'm not,she answered in her mind and gave him a smile.Maybe they're really not destined to each other,she thought before patting his arm."That's how should a real guy act..Jinyoungie,You should get that girl."

 "When did I became Jinyoungie?"He muttered and saw the lass smiled at him playfully.

 Her smiles are fakes but what can she do though.If someone you like doesn't like you back,then give up.You can't hurt him by saying you like him,she thought.Seohyun knew she's just a best friend to him,and there's nothing she can do more but to support him.
  


A/n
New update!!Not that good though,but I'll try.:) I hope you enjoyed reading.