_02

My Cold Step-brother

 

No one's POV.

 As the dinner went well,Seohyun never erased the caring smile she have.She never thought that she can still see her mother smile like that.Like just the old times.Which she missed so bad.

 "I won't let you get hurt again."Seohyun whispered and promised herself to protect her mother.Her mother may look strong on the outside but her heart is just weak as a young girl.She know it too well,she know the pain her mother has encountered and she can't bear to see her suffer again.

 
 After helping the maid to wash the dishes,which they forbid her to do but she's just a hard-nut,Seohyun went to get a little air in the garden at the back.She slipped her slippers on and with glee,she run to the garden.Her eyes slowly observed the beautiful flowers that are planted and they look so proud to say to that world that they're pretty.She wish she could be like that,but no,she's just a wallflower with a little number of friends.Maybe she was the only different from her friends.She too know that she's the quietist since she was afraid to spoil the mood.She just likes to listen to them or just accompany them. 

 
 Seohyun sat on the bench that is much bigger than the bench she used yesterday.Her hair was up to a ponytail while her upper body's covered with her jacket and the lower part's covered with her thin pajama pants.She rested her chin on her knees and her arms are hugging her curled legs.The breeze was refreshing and she thought of her old life and how it turned suddenly today.The thought didn't fail to leave an impression in her.

 There's a lot of questions that she wanted to be answered but how.She wanted to her mother if she already forgotten about the man he first loved..She wanted to ask how she could hide the dating thing from her..and a lot more.

  She took a sigh and hugged herself tighter.She never thought that she be that distance with her mother that she didn't even know what's happening with her love-life.It's not that she's being childish for sulking but she just felt more like she could be a better daughter.


 Seohyun stared on the ground until she felt like someone sat beside her.She sniffed as the wind got colder.Slowly,Seohyun turned her head and only found her "new" step-brother.

 "What are you doing here?"She asked but the lad didn't even take a look at her and sigh.He crossed his legs and fished the small book between them which is unnoticed by her.Seohyun rolled her eyes and gave her full attention to the starry sky.She could feel a pair of cold eyes staring into her soul.She tried to ignore it but he seems like to annoy her.

 "What do you want?"She hissed and glared at him who was blankly staring at her.Rolling her eyes again,Seohyun stood up and gave a glare before getting back inside the house.


 "Geez.What's wrong with him?"She mumbled and decided to get some milk from the fridge.

 Seohyun reached for the handle of the fridge but someone else's hand had already reached it.Turning her head,Seohyun found her step-brother glaring at her.It made her more annoyed of him.

 "I was the first one."She calmly said and waited for him to let go but he seemed to be as stubborn as her.

 "Why would I?"He smirked a little and tighten his grip.

 "But I was the very first one here..You'd just came and had a longer arm than me so you reached it quickly than I do."She raised her voice a little and smiled falsely and gripped his hand tighter."Tsk.It's not my fault why you got a short arm."

 The two didn't let go that easy.They stared at each other's eyes.Glaring at each other while gripping the handle tightly.For seohyun,she never thought that her step-brother is more rude than she thought during dinner.She scoffed as she thought of him being handsome,she completely take it back.

 "Seo-"Her mother came inside the kitchen to look for Seohyun.She blinked her eyes as she saw the staring contest between her daughter and her soon-to-be-son.She came closer to get the kids away from each other.

 "Seo.I need to talk to you for a minute."Songhee sigh silently in relief as the two broke their staring contest.She doesn't like seeing her kid and her soon-to-be-son fighting since they'll be a family soon.She wanted a happy one.

 
 "Yes,Umma."Seohyun thoughtfully thanks her mother from letting her  stop herself from grabbing Luhan's hair.If not,she would have grab his hair now and continuously slapping him.She didn't even know why that bot doesn't like her.Isn't that good to have a sister or just a sibling?

 "Seo."Seohyun's thought broke as her mother rests her hand on her shoulder.

 "I know you're still uncomfortable."She started."But Seo..You know.For many years,I've been so lonely..I was feel so helpless to die alone..and I don't want you to just take your whole attention just to me.I want you to be happy as well.."

 The corner of her eyes are full of tears and she hated to look so weak in front of her daughter."I know this is not easy for you..Me too.It's not easy for me to forget your father after a very long time..He was the one I loved..But I really hope you could understand me..I need someone as well."

 Seohyun felt her heart ached as she heard her mother's cries.She hugged her mother tight and nodded her head..Yes ,she does understand..She does understand that her mother has already moved on.

 


Seohyun's POV.

 After hearing Umma's cries last night,I didn't hesitate to know what's my life now.This is my new life now.The new life of Seohyun Kim.

 Ye--

 Aish!!Who's the one who disturbs me? 

 I opened my door half-hearted and just found his blank face facing me again.Geez.Just what's wrong with him,really?

 "Get downstairs."He coldly said and just left me hanging here,digesting his words.

 But why would I should go down stairs?

 After taking a quick shower,I end up in my black shorts and white shirt with tank top under it.I dried my hair and loosely made a messy bun.

 Done.I may look simple but it's good,at least no one would take advantage at me since I'm not that good at making myself look y or any look that men likes more this days.

 I went downstairs as the devil said and found Umma and uncle Max sitting and seem to be too engrossed with their conversation.

 "Oh!Seohyun..Good,you're here."He said and then,the devil came in and sat beside Uncle Max with a very long distance from him.

 Weirdo.-_-

 "Yes.Uncle Max."

 "Since from now on,you'll be living here,you should know everything about the people that lives here."He smiled and before pushing his glasses up."This is my son..Luhan Wu.He's currently 19 and he's in his last year now in high school..I think he's much older than you..right?"Yep.He's much older than me..But I don't I can call him Oppa.Eww,yuck!

 "Ahh..Yeah.I'm still 17 and in my last year in high school as well."This is getting awkward.

 "Great!Then tomorrow,you'll be his classmate then."What!Even in school?He's there?!But,weird,I never saw him in my school before.

 "So..I have to move to another room?"His smile is fishy again.This is getting me in trouble.

 "No.You'll be moving to another school.Our family school."

 What the what?!!This is crazy!!I won't have friends then if I'll leave my girls!!!No!!!

 


A/n
Another update!!!Hope you liked it.