Chapter 5

Just stay, for once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I was right! We were right!" Chanyeol screamed and clapped his hands which made Minah laughed at his actions. I was confused. I arched one of my brows and looked at Jongin. He's still holding my hands. I couldn't help but feel happy and sad at the same time. "Since when?" Minah asked while facing Jongin. 

"I don't know, since when?" Jongin said and now, they all turned to face me. I just shook my head and laughed. I'm feeling so awkward right now. I could practically feel my sweats all over my body. I took some sips from my drink. Minah is still looking at me and adding something too, her smirk. Oh how am I going to slip out of this?

"Oh just quit it you guys! Jongin was just kidding. We didn't even started." I said and laughed a little. Then, I nudged Jongin a little bit and he stared at us and just nodded happily. Then he let go of my hands.

Chanyeol couldn't sit still and started complaining, "Aww it's not going to be fun anymore, I thought you guys were for real but sigh. I was happy for nothing." Chanyeol frowned and crossed his arms. A habit which Minah likes to do whenever she's upset. I continue to eat my remaining pack of fries which has already turned cold. 

After our hangout, I received a text message from my mum. She asked me to meet up with her at a nearby department store because she needs some help. I replied saying that I'll be there in 15 minutes. Then, I told Jongin that he has to ride the bus himself because I need to meet up with my mum. "You're going to meet up with your mum? Okay then, I'll just walk you there." 

"No, it's fine, really. You still have your dance practice remember?" I told him. I was hesitant at first, because I wanted him to come along with me too, but I have no rights to do that. We're not together and he's not my boyfriend or anything. 

"Ara, itsokay, I can go with you then go back to the practice. It's getting late already. It's dangerous to let a girl walk herself at this hour." He said. I glanced at my watch and it says it's only 6:32pm. He's still looking at me, waiting for my answer. Oh, I wonder why he's being so good to me. I can't afford to fall for him and have my heart break apart again. Just like before, when he left, and everyone left. 

Minah walked towards me and told me, "You should let Jongin walk with you, Ara, because it's getting late already and it's very romantic for a guy to want to walk with a girl." She winked at me when she whispered the word romantic. I just hit her in her arm, and rolled my eyes at her. 

"Fine." I grunted. "But you have to make sure to go back to your dance practice." Jongin smiled and nodded like a 3 year old kid. Chanyeol told us that he still doesn't believe that we aren't a thing. I just said that if we really are, he'll eventually know and they all laughed. 

"I guess I'll also have to walk you home, Minah. It's getting late already and I'll come off as rude if I don't." Chanyeol said while smirking to Jongin. I bet Minah's feeling head over heels now and that she surely will call me after we both got home. I'm very sure to it. I looked at her and she's blushing. Awww, how cute. 

Then after we said our byes to Minah and Chanyeol, we started walking to the department store. We took the sideway paths. While we were walking Jongin asked me an unexpected question. "Ara, what do you think of me?" I looked at him, he's still walking and staring at the beautiful sky with stars pinned on it. The sky tonight is indeed attractive. 

I kicked a small pebble and answered him, "Well, you're a great friend and you're also very good-looking." I can feel my cheeks burning at that instant. I have no idea where that come from. It seems like my mind acted before I could. And what more, I could feel him smirking at me. When I turned to look at him, he mouthed 'I already know that'. 

After that, the walking became quiet. I didn't dare to even glance at him or just ask him anything. Why did I say that? I felt that my hand phone's vibrating inside my pockets. I pulled it out and saw that it's a text message from my mum asking where am I now. I told her that I'm almost there. 

All of the sudden, it seems like it was Jongin whose hand phone rang because, mine didn't make a sound while I was holding and my ringtone doesn't sound like that. I was right when he took something from his jean's pocket and fished it out. "Hello, mum. Uhm yes I'm with my friend and after this, I'll be heading to the training block. Mhmm, yeah, alright. See yah. Love you too!" I took a glance at him while he were busy shoving his hand phone back to his warm pocket. 

"Your mum called?" He nodded. "Jongin, you know, you can go straight to your training block. You don't have to walk me here. I don't want to cause you any inconvenience." I told him, honestly. To be honest, I really hope his mum wouldn't nag him abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter