Chapter 4

Just stay, for once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked up to find none other than Lee Gahee. Everyone knows that her dad's the top sponsor of the school and that her dad is the CEO of the largest telecommunication company. She has the fairest skin of all and, she's really beautiful too. She also has smooth-looking hair. No doubt why boys are always a fond of her. There is also a rumor saying that Gahee's born with naturally looking red colored hair. I don't really believe that but why should I really mind about it?

I was wondering why all of the sudden she came looking for me, because the last time I checked, she barely talk to me even though we're in the same class since we were young, and I think she's kind of too confident of herself. I look at her and saw that she was painting an uncomfortable look on her face and she wasn't looking at me while she was talking. She was looking at Jongin instead. I guess I understood now. I then said, "Yes sure, Gahee. What do you wanna talk about?" She turned to took at me and asked if its okay for us to speak privately and I agreed to it. 

I told Jongin to excuse us for awhile and he just nodded. We went outside and just stood beside the door so we wouldn't block other people's way. Gahee coughed to grab my attention when she noticed that I was looking somewhere else. "Ara, I don't like going on a big round just to tell you these so I'll just say it straight-forwardly." Gahee implied. I just nodded. "I hope you would stop talking with Jongin, or if it's okay, stop hanging out with him." 

I look at her with plain expressions because firstly, I couldn't really process what she has said. "I think you misunderstood what happened between me and Jongin. We're not a thing, you see. Jongin and I are just friends. And no, I couldn't favor your request." I sighed and continue talking, "Because Mrs. Claire just assigned us to be in the same group to do this project that's due next two weeks. So I'm sorry if you're still bothered by it. But just to assure you, we are nothing." With that I walked in to the class and to my seat. I didn't even bother to look at her face, I'm too scared. 

-

Lately, I've been hanging out with Jongin a lot. Not really a hangout though but Minah considered it as a "pretending to do research" date. We would meet up at the school gates and walked together to the national library to do extreme researches for the biology project. To be honest, it's not easy. Everything we looked up for are always either not in our syllabus or it's not in clear description. We gave up doing our researches online because it's useless. Okay, not completely useless.

The next day, we decided to look for informations from books, so we split up into two sections. Jongin told me to stay at the first floor while he will go to the second floor to search for more informations. We promised to meet up after we finished. An hour later, I managed to gather quite a few information that would really help us. I decided to borrow some books home so I could copy down the important notes down. I left those books by the counter so the librarian could process the details into her computer, then I went up to look for Jongin because i was wondering what took him so long. I went straight to the section where it says "Biology" because I guess that's where he will be. I turned left to enter the section but Jongin wasn't there.

Panicked, I half-jog around because we aren't allowed to run in the library or you'll get kicked out. I pulled out my hand phone and pressed his number on my dialer and called him. I heard vibrations and followed it. It brought me to the sections where there are tables provided for the readers to sit down and write. But there is this boy who wasn't writing, instead, he is laying his head on the table. I went straight to the table and saw Jongin sleeping. His hair almost covered his eyes and his lips looks so plump and red and  I never noticed that his lips was this small and plump. I couldn't help myself, but to touch his lips. It's so soft too. Then, my fingers trailed it's path to his jawline then up to his forehead then to his hair. I kind of messed his hair up and brushed it with my fingers again. His hair is so soft and fluffy. I was afraid that if I kept on continuing doing this, he would be woken up by me and most probably teases me till death. 

I decided to let him sleep for another 45 minutes while I continue to do our research from the "Biology" section, where Jongin was supposed to be. After I finished everything and returned to the desk where Jongin is, he was already up and was constantly rubbing his eyes. Cute. He saw me and asked, "Ara, why didn't you wake me up?" I look at him and laughed because I remembered what I did earlier. He arched one of his brows and asked me, "Hey what's so funny?" 

I pulled out my hand phone and showed him his pictures that I had taken while he is sleeping. One of them was with him pouting his lips. He wanted to snatch my hand phone away but luckily I was fast. I quickly shove it into my pocket and took my bag and walked down. "Give it to me, Ara!" I could hear his soft-screams. 

I laughed as I was on my way to the counter to collect my books. Jongin's quite fast because just after I collected the books, he arrived by the counter. He extends his hand asking for my hand phone. I just pulled out my tongue and placed the books in my bag and walked towards the exit. 

After I exited the library, Jongin came running to me and said, "Ara, wait for me." He was panting. I stopped walking to let him catch his breath. "You know, you look so cute in the pictures." I told him and watch him as his cheeks are turning red like beet root. 

It was still early so we decided to eat dinner together. We arrived at a small but cozy restaurant. Apparently, it serves rice noodles as their main dish so I guess it'll be nice. While we were waiting for our order, we discussed on the research we just made and decide what to add on again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter