Chapter 10

Just stay, for once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I smiled upon remembering how Jongin asked for my number after we became partners for the biology project.

“Uhm Ara, do you mind…uhm……if uhm….can I have your number?” Jongin asked whilst blushing. His face just looked so cute! I felt like pinching his cheeks but I didn’t. He looked so shy, like so so so shy. I’ve never seen Kim Jongin, the dancing machine, who’ve always danced perfectly and so effortlessly onstage, in front of hundreds of crowds, begin shy. I gave him my number while laughing at him. It was just too funny. He then shouted a ‘yay’ and kinda jumped a little.

I was quite surprised to see that, “What? Is my number some sort of super secret? How much is it worth?” I chuckled.

He then looked away and gave me the most unexpected answer, ”You have no idea.”

After that, I snapped out of my flashback from my little memory and just remembered that Jongin was here. You can say that the atmosphere was quite awkward because Jongin was literally looking here and there and scratching the back of his neck.

I didn’t know what to say to him so I just asked him to sit while patting the seat next to me. He looked hesitant at first but he did what I told him anyways. Just as soon as he sat down, I instantly felt blood rushed to both of my cheeks and all of the sudden, it seemed like the surroundings became warmer.

After few good minutes, Jongin decided to start off first I guess because I’m not talking and I’m just rubbing my poor fingers.

He coughed as to call my attention and when I turned to look at him, he started, “Uhm Ara, can we talk?” I was startled by him, thus which caused me to look at him with shock.

“Oh yeah uhm yeah sure.” I answered him, not sure why I said ‘yeah’ twice.

“See Ara, uhm, what I did last night, I mean, what I said last night, I didn’t mean to make you feel this way. I just wanted you to know how I’ve felt for you these days.” He said, soft and tender in his eyes. I didn’t say anything but I took this opportunity to just look at him. He looked incredibly handsome. That’s what I thought to myself. “And it’s true. What I’ve felt for you.”

I wet my lips because I felt that they’ve been dry up by the morning breeze. “But Jongin, promise me no matter what happens, we’ll always be friends.” I told him, more of a command. He nodded and then chuckled.

Fortunately, after a while, all of our friends and classmates were hanging out nearby, so I decided to join them. “Hey Jongin, why not we go and join the others? It would be really fun!” I asked, trying to smile at him to let him know I’m okay.

“Oh ya, sure why not?” He giggled and gestured for me to go first. I don’t know why but I felt that something’s different. It’s not the same anymore, but I pushed these thoughts aside and went towards the others. I then saw Minah, she was looking at me. I nodded at her and she did the same too. I was happy because she got what I meant.

__________

Few days later, after the quite extra-ordinary school trip, it was finally the start of our end-of-year holidays. I decided to get a part time job at some café nearby and my mum agreed on this idea. However, my dad wasn’t quite happy about it, but I persuaded him to agree on it anyways. I told him that since I’ve got nothing to do in this three weeks holiday, might as well save up some pocket money.

I was on the phone later that night with Minah who just couldn’t stop talking about what happened between Chanyeol and her during the school trip. Apparently, they got closer after that night. “And I assumed you both kissed?” I while chuckling. I swear I could felt that she’s rolling her eyes now.

“Araaaa, stop teasing me will you?” She commanded me. Being a curious cat myself, I asked her if I’m right about it. “I guess you were right about it. We had our very first kiss that night and I swear it was so exciting.” I bet she was reminiscing her precious moments but I interrupted her.

“So was Chanyeol a good kisser?” I asked.

This took her a while to answer me because she was literally giggling until I screamed at her for her to stop. “Yes Ara, he’s a really good kisser.”

I don’t know why but this reminds me of that evening when Jongin kissed me. To be honest, I kind of missed it.

As I was kind of out of zone, “Uhm, Earth to Ara?” Minah said.

“Ohh yes yes, what were you talking about?” I asked.

“I was asking if you and Jongin are doing good.” She pointed out. I’m not really sure if it was alright to tell Minah everything because I’m afraid that I’ll disappoint her and I hate that.

I sighed and answered her,"Minah, we uhm I actually haven’t given him any answer yet. Well he didn’t really ask for it, so I have to think about it again. But we both promised each other that no matter what happens, we’ll still be friends.” I could fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter