Chapter 2

Just stay, for once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I reached home passed my curfew and when I was walking towards the main door, I saw someone's shadow casting through the windows. Mum. I unlock the door using the keys my parents provided me long time ago. "M-mum....hi, I'm back" I didn't dare to look straight at her eyes. I'm very sure she is mad at me. Who wouldn't. Because I went home later than my curfew. "Where did you go? Do you know that we were so worried about you?" I stared at my bare feet. "I'm sorry mum. I went out to get smoothie with Minah and we talked awhile. The bus stop was crowded awhile ago, so I had to wait for the second bus." Her face expressions changed. Her angry face disappeared and I was relieved about that. "Alright, just promise me that you'll come back before your curfew, now, go up to wash yourself and sleep. You still have school tomorrow." 

With that, I went upstairs and took my mum's order. I washed myself and packed my books then I dump myself into my bed. I couldn't really sleep, thanks to Jongin. My mind keep on asking me why is he being so close to me all of the sudden? I, myself am curious too. I wonder why he came with the worry eyes and all. "Probably because he's just being nice since we're classmates." I thought. I encouraged myself to stop thinking more and that I should sleep. Yes, maybe Jongin is being nice. 

The next day, I went school by car. My mum insisted on sending me because I woke up later than usual. When I arrived at school, almost all the girls near the gates were sending me death glares, which I assume is because they misunderstood what happened between me and Jongin yesterday. "Bye mum" I waved good-bye to her when I stepped out from the car. She just smiled and mouth "bye" 

I happily walked to my class without even taking my own sweet time breathing in the fresh air. As I entered the class, someone caught my attention. It was Jongin. He smiled at me and then he continued talking to his friends. I smiled back. He is good-looking. I remembered myself saying those to Minah last night. Jongin indeed is good-looking. He can look so good without even trying. Today, he had his hair down and damn, I wish I touch his hair. It looked so soft and fluffy. How can he do that? Having his hair soft and fluffy at the same time. No, Ara, you should stop. I reminded myself. 

Later during break time I went to the cafeteria because I received a text from Minah, she told me to meet her there and that I must go because she has something important to share with me. I immediately spotted her and went to her. I sat down. Minah pushed a cup of shaved ice towards my direction. Green tea mango flavor. My favorite. I took a sip and smiled. It taste so good. I asked her what is it so important that she threatened me to come here? Because clearly, she knows that I hate to eat in here or even just stay in here. 

Minah told me that it's going to be really crazy. She had a crush and it's someone from Jongin's team. I almost spit out all the contents that was in my mouth. Minah never had a crush on someone before. This is the first time. "I'm happy for you. Could you please show me who that Mr. Lucky is?" She was shy at first but agreed to show me who he is. "I never knew you're interested on dancers. I mean as in this kind of interest. I always thought you're only fangirling over them." She took some sips and then said "well, now I am" I just laughed. 

After break, the remaining classes are just hectic! Because all of my lecturers gave out tons of homeworks. They have no idea how tiring is just to complete a homework. But on a bright note, I don't have any other activities in the afternoon, I could use my time later in the afternoon to complete all of them. 

I packed my bag after the last class. I was waiting for the last class since forever because I wanna get home. While I was on my way to the exit, someone tapped me lightly on my shoulders. I turned back. "Ara, do you have any thing to do after school?" Jongin asked. His eyes has this sparkles that touched my heart. No. "Yeah, I'll have to complete my homeworks, as you know, the ones teacher gave out just now" he smiled. "Ohh, hey do you mind if we do it together? We can do it in the cafe nearby." I pulled out my daily notebook from my bag and checked if I habe any other schedules, like if I'll have to meet my mum anywhere. I don't have any so I told Jongin that we could. He suggested us to just walk there because its just a block away. I told him it's fine and I like walking. I texted my mum, informing her that I am not going home for lunch and that I'm going out to complete my homework with my classmate. Which clearly is true. She replied few seconds later telling me that I should go home before 10. 

It took us 15 minutes to reach the cafe and thankfully it wasn't pack since it's Wednesday. I told Jongin that we should pick a bigger table because we'll need them to place our books and stuffs. He looked around and chose one, which is beside the window and next to the counter. We settled our belongings on the table and went to the counter to order something to fill our tummy. I got myself a mocha latte and a crepe. I just love crepes. Especially, chocolate chips. Jongin got himself just a chicken pie. 

I couldn't believe myself when our order came. The chicken pie Jongin ordered was almost as big as half of the spaghetti plate. "Woah, you actually eat all of them?" Jongin looked at me with a curious look and I told him that he's so skinny and that it's impossible to have that body with eating this much. he just laughed his awkward laugh and told me he could eat two of them, one go. "You're such a big eater, monster" I put my tongue out and bleh at him. He just rolled his eyes at me. "So why didn't I see you often at the cafeteria? You're not in the class either. Where are you always, during break time?" I just looked at him and asked "why did you ask?" He told me because it's weird that I'm not in the cafeteria and also the class. He also said that he's curious of what I'm always doing. "Well if you must know, I'm not doing anything, mostly. I like to be alone because the cafeteria is too crowded and I don't like crowded places." He stared at me for few seconds then blurted out "You're weird" I looked away and said "shall we continue with our work?" He then took his pen and start writing. We spent the whole afternoon to complete our homework and also joke around. 

I finished my homeworks before Jongin so after my work, I just wait for him to finish. He is so adorable. The way he tried to think how to solve o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter