Chapter Nine

Risking It All

Both their eyes followed the big expolsion, which was at the door. 

" Wh-what's happening?" Eunhyuk said as his body shook from fear. 

Hyoyeon ignored his question and pulled his arm. She dragged him into Eunhyuks room and opened the closet. At the back of the closet, there was a small hidden door that revealled a tunnel. 

" Get in and just keep going, you'll end up in the city. " Hyoyeon explained and took out her phone and a knife, which she gave to Eunhyuk. " When you're at the end, call SME. " 

Hyoyeon was about to turn around, but Eunhyuk held her back, " Wait- you're not coming?" He said as he frowned. 

" I have to slow them down somehow - you'll have a better chance. " Hyoyeon said right before the second explosion happened. " Go now and dont even argue with me. " She said and ran out the room with a gun in her hand.

Right when Hyoyeon came out the room, there was another  explosion that caused the door to break into pieces. She picked up a knife on the ground that fell from the kitchen counter before quickly running to the side near the door and stood against the wall. Right when the first person came in the room, Hyoyeon came out from her hiding spot and stabbed the man then shot the other man behind him. 

She expected bullets coming at her and was prepared to jump into cover. Hyoyeon jumped to the other side of the table and flipped it for shield. 

 

" Here ya go. " Taeyeon said as she placed a cup of coffee on Baekhyun's desk. 

" Thanks. " Baekhyun smiled at her before drinking it. 

Taeyeon leaned on his desk and stared at the computer screen, " So what are you up to?" She asked. 

" Im back on Jin-Young. " He groaned, " This is guy knows how to hide, I'll tell you that. " 

" Im not surprised - Im just wondering why he wanted us to find him at that party .." She wondered.  Baekhyun was about to reply, but something started beeping beside his computer. " Whats that?" Taeyeon asked. 

Baekhyun suddenly had a nerovus and placed his coffee down, " Its my monitor for the safehouse Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk are staying at. " He explained as he pressed a button on his keyboard.

Taeyeon stood up after looking at the screen in front of her. " fu-ck, they're under attack. " She said and quickly ran out for help. The screen viewed the cameras of the safehouse, which showed Hyoyeon getting attacked by a group of people.Baekhyun quickly followed his girlfriend with a nervous feeling.

 

Hyoyeon managed to take down some of the men before taking out a flashbang grenade. As soon as she threw it at the group, she hid to prepare herself. When it exploded, she heard ringing in her ears, but that didnt stop her from her opportunity. She got up and shot the men who were affected by the flashbang. 

As for Eunhyuk, he couldnt leave Hyoyeon alone and wanted to help. He knew there were guns hidden in the safehouse and managed to find one that was under the bed. He kept his knife and gun on each hand and went out the room. As soon as he saw Hyoyeon shot at, he didnt hesitate to blow his hiding spot and began shooting at them. 

" Fu-ck, why do you have to be so stubborn?" Hyoyeon mummbled to herself before using up her amo. 

Because he wasnt agreat shooter, he missed a couple times, but managed to injure some of them. Hyoyeon saw the men being distracted and found an opportunity to jump out and throw her knife at one of the them. She picked up a random gun from one of the dead guys and began shooting the rest. Because the other men were also armed, she couldnt get a direct hit and struggled. 

Luckily, Eunhyuk was at the other side, making it hard for the men in the middle. Hyoyeon found the last the flashbang grenade on the floor and threw it at them. 

" EUNHYUK GET DOWN. " She yelled at the top of her lungs. 

Because it was hard to hear, Eunhyuk reacted to late and was affected by the flashbang along with the other guy. Hyoyeon managed to take out the rest with her gun and quickly went to Eunhyuks side. 

Eunhyuk was on the floor with his hands on his ears and his eyes shut tight. He felt Hyoyeon grabbing him and opened his eyes. All he heard was ringing and a distant voice. 

" You'll be alright, it'll pass, stay calm. " Hyoyeon tried to calm him down, but inside she was worried for him. 

He couldnt say anything because of the shock, but he felt relaxed when he looked at Hyoyeon's brown eyes. He can tell she was worried because of her shaking. Because of that, Eunhyuk tightly held her hand, making her stop shaking. 

Eunhyuks eyes led behind Hyoyeon. He saw a man limping towards Hyoyeon with a knife in his hand. It was too late for him to warn her and did the unthinkable. He rolled over while grabbing onto Hyoyeon, forcing her to go under Eunhyuk. As soon as that happened, Eunhyuk felt the sharp knife go into the side of his waist. He groaned, but didnt move away from Hyoyeon. 

Hyoyeon stared at him with wide eyes and froze. She felt the blood dripping on her skin and made her panic. She couldnt defend herself because of the sudden pain shock. Again, all the painful memories came running back to her. She couldnt take her eyes off Eunhyuk, who was bleeding on top of her and had wet eyes from the pain. 

She watched him get pushed to the side, by the man who stabbed him. Hyoyeon couldnt take her eyes off the unconcious body beside her and felt a tear fall down her cheek. Her breath was trembling and she was frozen. All the pain and nightmares came back to her again and it scared her to death. Her eyes lead to the man standing above her and the knife he was holding brought her back. But because she was in shock, she couldnt get herself to fight back. Instead she crawled away from the man and towards a gun on the ground. Right when she got the gun, she pointed at the man who kept limping towards her. Hyoyeon pressed the trigger, but out of luck, no bullets came out. 

She froze again, thinking that she'll die tonight. Hyoyeon didnt know why she couldnt get herself to fight back - she was obviously stronger than the injured man, but her mind kept thinking about Eunhyuk dying. Once the man raised his knife at her, she closed her eyes and waited for the object to kill her. 

Just a few seconds after she closed her eyes, she heard a gunshot that made her jump. She didnt feel any pain and slowly opened her eyes, hoping it was Eunhyuk who shot him. When the man dropped on the floor, Donghae came out with a gun in his hand. 

" CLEAR. " Donghae yelled and rushed to Eunhyuks body.

Behind him was Sooyoung, Yuri and Heechul. They all came in with bullet proof vests and guns. " Are you okay?" Yuri came rushing to her side. 

Hyoyeon didnt answer and her laid on Eunhyuk. " He's gone... " She whispered.

" Hey - hey, snap out of it. " Yuri made Hyoyeon look into her eyes, but her eyes couldnt leave Eunhyuk. 

" He t-tried prot-protecting me.. " Hyoyeon stuttered with tears. 

Yuri opened to say something, but Sooyoung came in. " He's okay, dont worry. " She smiled at Hyoyeon. " He has a pulse, but its weak. We'll get him to the hospital, alright?" 

With Sooyoungs words, she felt like the whole world was lifted from her shoulders. She smiled at the great news, but it was obvious she was hurt from the recent fight. Yuri and and Sooyoung helped her up and quickly brought her to the van, that was waiting outside. 

" H-how di-did they know where we were?" Hyoyeon groaned they placed her in the van. 

" We were gonna ask you the same thing. " Sooyoung said as she sat beside her. Yuri walked around the van and sat on the other side. 

Hyoyeons eyes led to Eunhyuk's unconcious body being carried to the the van behind them. " I need to talk to Sooman, immediately. " She said as she held her tears from falling. 

 

" NO ONE HAS A DAMN CLUE ABOUT THIS?! " Lee SooMan yelled as he banged the table. 

Everyone in the room was quiet and avoided eye contact with the boss. 

" It might have something to do with Jinwoon - he may have connections in here. " Kyuhyun spoke up. 

" Then what the hell do you suggest? We cant just put everyone under investigation, that'll take longer. " Jessica replied. 

" Kyuhyung hyung and I already checked the computers, we werent hacked or anything. " Kai ppopped up from behind Siwon and Sooyoung.

Lee SooMan sighed and sat down to calm himself down, " We have no choice, but to pull out an investigation - without telling anyone. We need to be cautious. "  No one replied to him and nodded to agree. " Everyone in this room cannot say a single word to anyone, understand?" The man said as he looked at every single person in the room. Kyuhyun, Jessica, , Sooyoung, Heechul, Kai, and Hyoyeon. 

SooMan nodded as a signal to dismass them. Everyone stood up, but was interruppted by Baekhyun who opened the door. 

" Hey, guys I got something. " Baekhyun said as he closed the door. He brought a small device to the SooMan's desk, " I found this in one of the guys' pockets. Its a tracker device. " 

" A tracker? " Everyone said. 

Baekhyun nodded and pressed a button that turned it on, " I managed to hack into it and it gave me the location of the target. " He explained then slowly looked at Hyoyeon who was quiet the whole time. Everyone looked at Hyoyeon with a confused look.  " They knew where you were, Hyoyeon noona. " Baekhyun frowned. 

" That's impossible, how would I not know this? I was never close to one of them before this incident. " Hyoyeon said, also with a confused expression. 

" Noona, didnt you get shot?" Kai spoke up. 

" Yeah, but that was a gunshot, not a tracker. " She replied. 

" But how else would that know?" Heechul wondered. 

Lee SooMan stood up, " Hyoyeon, you need to take a test - we have to be sure. " 

Hyoyeon nodded, but she wasnt done talking, " Okay, lets just say they knew where I was, how else would they know that Eunhyuk was with me? " 

" Maybe Jinwoon? He knows how we work - with Eunhyuk being the top mission, you'd probably get that assignment. " Jessica said. " And even if you werent with Eunhyuk, you'd still be a good target. " 

Everyone knew Jessica had a point and agreed with her. 

 

After the short meeting, Hyoyeon was brought to the laboratory and quickly went through a few tests, such as DNA testing, X-ray, etc. With the X-ray, they were able to finally see the tracker. It was a very small object that was shaped like circle.

" Its in the same place where noona was shot, but deeper." Baekhyun stated as they observed the photograph of Hyoyeon's X-ray. 

" Wait, so let me get this straight, " Jessica said and stood up from her chair, " JYP managed to disguise a tracker into a gunshot?" 

Everyone nodded and found it hard to believe. They were all sitting down in the conference room with the photograph in the projector. 

" Wow technology these days... " Jessica mummbled to herself. 

" Hyo, didnt you feel anything?" Yuri asked. 

Hyoyeon thought about it for a moment and slowly nodded, " My arm felt sore and it was difficult to move sometimes, but honestly I just thought it was like that because of the operation. " 

" Im not surprised, JYP is gathering smart as-ses these days. " Heechul hissed. 

" Cant we turn it off?" Hyoyeon asked. 

" No, " Lee Sooman was the first to answer. " its risky. We dont know what will happen. This might be the same as the pellet that killed Dongwook, if anything goes wrong it can harm you. " 

" Speaking about that, " Baekhyun interruppted, " When noona was taking the tests, I managed to dig deeper; I cracked an activation code and it may be for that explosive pellet in your arm. 

" But theres a chance it may not kill her. I looked through the case of Lee Dongwook. " Kyuhyun said, " The reason why it was an instant kill was because it was in the brain - it attacked the nervous system - everything. But because this pellet is located in Hyoyeon's arms - " 

" So what are you saying? Hyoyeon's arm can blow into pieces?" Jessica interruppted him with a gasp. 

" Not exactly into pieces. The explosion isnt that strong, but it'll basically paralyze her and well - you may not be able to use your arm again." Kyuhyun said as he looked at Hyoyeon. " Or worst, it may kill you. " 

Hyoyeon stood still and had one thing in her mind, Eunhyuk. " I'll do whatever it takes to turn this damn thing off. " She said with bravery. 

Everyone looked at each other and feared that they may lose Hyoyeon, but knew it was for the best. 

" How exactly are we turning this thing off? " Baekhyun asked, " Surgery?" 

Hyoyeon shook her head, " There should be another way, cutting my arm open isnt really a good choice. It'll take weeks for me to heal. " 

" Hyo, I dont think we have a choice. " Yuri frowned. 

There was a long pause before Kyuhyun spoke up, " Actually, there's another way. " Everyones eyes turned to him and made him continue, " Electrocution." 

With that answer, everyone gave each other confusing looks. " How the hell does that work exactly?" almost everything asked him. 

" When we activate the pellet, we discharge it by electrocution - well, basically shocking Hyoyeon. " Kyuhyun answered. 

" The amount of volts we use may kill her. " Lee SooMan said. Kyuhyun didnt answer and forgot to think about that. 

" Then bring me back. " Hyoyeon's words caught everyones attention, " If I die, try to bring me back. If you cant then - well, at least you guys tried. " 

" Hyo, do you know how risky that is?" Jessica gasped. 

Hyoyeon forced a small chuckle, " We're all agents, we all have risked our lives. This is just another mission. " 

Everyone knew she was trying to hide her fear behind her face, but no one didnt say anything because they had no choice but to follow what she wants. 

 

Eunhyuk slowly opened his eyes and binked a few times because it was blurry. He tried to get up, but he felt a sudden pain. He looked under his shirt and saw wrapped bandages around his waist and a thick layer of bandage on one side of his waist. His eyes suddenly widen when he remembered what happened.

" You're awake. " He heard a voice that caused him to jump. 

Eunhyuk looked up and saw Donghae sitting in the corner. " Hyoyeon? is she okay?" Eunhyuk asked and was about to get up, but was held down by another man. 

He looked to his side and saw Sungmin. " She's fine dont worry, you need to rest, man. " Sungmin said and gently pushed him back to the bed. 

" I wanna talk to her. " The injured, innoccent man said. 

Donghae and Sungmin looked at each other for a minute before looking at Eunhyuk with worried eyes. 

" She has uh- some things to take care of first, you know. Like finding a new safe house - thats all. " Donghae said with a shaky voice at the beginning. " You should really rest. You lost a lot of blood. " 

" Are you sure she's alright?" Eunhyuk asked. The 2 agents saw how desperate and scared he was because of the his eyes. They both nodded and gave Eunhyuk a smile. It calmed Eunhyuk a little and relaxed his body. " Today was a close call - Im just happy she made it out alive. " He smiled. 

Donghae and Sungmin gave a small, nervous chuckle. 

" She doesnt have any injuries right? Like an broken bones, anything?" He couldnt hide his feelings and it was obvious he cared for her. 

" A few bruises, but she'll be fine. " Sungmin answered. 

Eunhyuk nodded and moved to get comfortable on his bed. When he did, he felt like he was stabbbed again and groaned. " Man, this hurts. " He mummbled and placed his hand on the wound. 

" I'll call the doctor - maybe he'll give us some pain killers. " Sungmin volunteered. 

" No, its alright. I can live through this. " Eunhyuk said, " Im just glad Hyoyeons okay. " 

Sungmin and Donghae gave each other another look before one of them spoke, " I'll go get us something to eat in the cafeteria, Sungmin come be on watch for now. " Donghae said. 

Sungmin nodded and followed Donghae to the door. " Eunhyuk, I'll be outside, right in front of the door - if anything happens just yell, alright?" Sungmin said. 

Eunhyuk nodded as a reply before Donghae and Sungmin left the room. 

" Should we tell him?" Sungmin whispered. 

Donghae shook his head, " Hyoyeon said not to. It'll only stress him out. " 

" W-whats gonna happen if she really does.. you know, die?" Sungmin frowned. 

" I dont know.. "

" Man, Eunhyuk really does seem to care about Hyo. Its hard to lie to him. " 

" I know, but we promised Hyoyeon not to tell him. " 

 " He'll find out eventually. " 

" Lets just wait for their call. Maybe thats when we'll tell him. " Donghae said before recieving a nod from Sungmin. 

" Man, I just hope Hyo will be okay. " Sungmin sighed. Donghae couldnt think of anything to see say because it was hard to say that everything will be okay. They both just stared at each other and hoped for the best. 

 

" Ready?" Yuri said as she tied Hyoyeons arm to the arm rest. 

" Not really. " Hyoyeon admitted and took a deep breath. 

" I set it up for 30 seconds- thats the longest I can do. " Kyuhyun came in with the device that was found from one of the men. 

Kyuhyun, Yuri and Hyoyeon were in the interrogation room. It had one table in the middle and 2 chairs that were across from each other. Hyoyeon was tied down to the chair to make it easier for her not to move. 

" I cant believe Im actually do this.. " Yuri frowned when she began rapping a metal strap along Hyoyeons arm. 

" If anything goes wrong, you guys need to protect Eunhyuk, okay?" Hyoyeon stared at both Yuri and Kyuhyun. 

" You'll be protecting Eunhyuk. Not us, okay? You'll make it alive. " kyuhyun gave her a smile, but it was obvious he was nervous. 

The door then suddenly opened to reveal Taeyeon, " I got the defibrillator. " She said and placed it on the table. 

No one didnt say anything and just stared at each other for a moment. " Alright.. I guess we're ready. " Kyuhyun broke the silence. " Remember, when I press this button we have 30 seconds to discharge it, alright?" 

Everyone looked at Hyoyeon who nodded. With that signal, Kyuhyun pressed a button on the device that activated the pellet inside her. Yuri quickly attached a metal clip on the metal strap around Hyoyeon and the electricity. Hyoyeon expected the electricity to shock her big time, but all she felt was a little tingle. 

Yuri hesitated to make it stronger, fearing that Hyoyeon may die. Taeyeon was thinking the same and stared at Hyoyeon with sad eyes. 

"I'll be fine, just do it. I trust you guys. " Hyoyeon said, but she was already sweating. Her voice was shaky and weak. 

" We dont have time. Yuri you need to do it. " Kyuhyun spoke as he looked at the timer that read 20 seconds. 

Yuri clenched her jaw and quickly turned a button to the third strongest power of electricity. 

With the sudden shock coming in her body, Hyoyeon couldnt help but let out a scream and groaned from the pain flowing in her body. It was literally the worst pain ever. It felt like a bunch of knives being thrown at her repeatedly.

" KEEP GOING. " Kyuhyun yelled without taking his eyes off his watch.

Yuri turned it to the second strongest and caused Hyoyeon to groan even louder. She clenched her fists from the pain and wanted everything to be over, but Eunhyuk was the only person that kept her going. 

" S-STRON-STRONGER. " Hyoyeon stuttered but managed to yell out a word. 

" COME ON, WE DONT HAVE A LOT OF TIME. " Kyuhyun yelled. He had his eyes on his watch that read 5 seconds. 

Yuri and Taeyeon held their tears from seeing their own bestfriend in severe pain. Yuri turned the button to the highest amount of electricity. Hyoyeon screamed at the top of her lungs and before blacking out. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey! Sorry for the late update, I'm really busy with work and school. So just to let you guys know, the next time I update I may take a while, but I promise I'll try to get it done faster :) Anyways, please tell me what you think!!