Chapter twelve

Risking It All

" You find anything yet?" Hyoyeon asked as she sat down beside Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun shook his head, " Not a single clue. Im telling you, Hyo - these people are heartless. To think that they would kill their own men. " 

She sighed and dropped her shoulders. 

" Every men/women we saw that was part of JYP 'coincidently' got into an accident. Man, JYP really doesnt want to be found. " Kyuhyun frowned and rubbed his head out of frustation. 

Being the kind-hearted person, even though they were her enemies, she still feels bad for those who were murdered. Hyoyeon sighed before getting up, " Just tell me when you get something, alright?" 

Kyuhyun nodded and went back to work as soon as Hyoyeon walked away. 

Since Lee Sooman told Hyoyeon to rest for a couple weeks, she hasnt been doing anything. Sooman wont let her do missions since she needed a rest and all she does is walk around the office, asking for news. She cant go out in public since she's in hiding and spends most of her time at well-secured home. Of course, she mostly worries about Eunhyuk and could not stop thinking about him. Seohyun always updates Hyoyeon about Eunhyuk, which saddens her. She hated that she couldnt see Eunhyuk anymore but she had no choice. She wants to keep him safe and she will - even if it means getting herself hurt. 

 

Eunhyuk heard a knock on his door and slowly opened his eyes. He turned his back to the door and cuddled with his blanket. 

The door opened to reveal Seohyun, " Eunhyuk-sshi, I just want to let you know that dinner is ready. " She said. 

Eunhyuk wiped his swollen eyes and turned around to face Seohyun, " I''l be right there. " He said and forced a weak smile. 

Seohyun frowned and nodded. For the passed weeks, she's been trying to cheer him up, but Seohyun knew nothing will work. She decided to leave him alone since he did need some time alone to think. 

Seohyun sat down on the dining area and waited for Eunhyuk to come. A few minutes passed and the pale, 'dead-looking' Eunhyuk came out of his room and took tiny steps to the table. He greeted Seohyun by giving her a small smile before sitting down. 

They both started eating their food in silence. All they could hear was their chewing and the forks/spoons hitting the plate. 

Seohyun chose to talk first to get rid of the awkward silence. She cleared after drinking her water, " By the way, I recently got a message from Lee Sooman. " 

Eunhyuk looked up at her. He wasnt interested, but he still respected Seohyun. 

" Before I became your bodyguard, I had a mission of my own and Im the only one who can continue it. " Seohyun explained, " So, I'll be going away for a few days. " 

" Who's replacing you?" Eunhyuk asked, hoping to hear Hyoyeons name. 

" Kwon Yuri, but I call her Yuri unnie." Seohyun answered, " I think you know her. " 

Eunhyuk frowned, " Yeah, I know her." 

" Unnie wil be coming tonight, so I'll be leaving tomorrow morning. " She explained. 

He nodded and continued eating his food. 

Seohyun frowned at his behaviour, but she also felt sorry for him. " You know, I can take you to Hyoyeon unnie, I'll be a risk, but if you wan- " 

" No, dont." Eunhyuk interuppted her. 

" Why not? " 

" Because. We should just leave her alone. " 

" It'll be good for you, even her. " 

" I said no, okay? She doesnt want to see me. Do you not get that?" Eunhyuk hissed and didnt realize he stood up from his chair. He cleared his throat before speaking, " Im sorry, I didnt mean to talk to you like that - I'll just go back to my room, Im not hungry anymore. " 

With that, Eunhyuk left Seohyun and quickly walked to his room. Seohyun was left alone with a frown and couldnt help but feel sympathetic towards him. A few hours passed with silence in the safehouse. Seohyun was already packed up and was waiting for Yuri. 

Seohyun heard a knock and the main door automatically unlock. She quickly ran to the monitor screen to see Yuri walking down the narrow hallway outside the door. Seohyun unlocked the door and greeted Yuri. 

" Unnie, what took you so long?" Seohyun complained. 

" Sorry, I kinda fell asleep. " Yuri yawned. 

The younger girl frowned at her, " Unnie, do you know how unprofessional that is? If Sooman knew about this, he  - " 

" Blah, blah, blah. " Yuri interuppted her and walked in the living room, " At least Im here. Plus give me a break, I just came back from Canada, remember? I had to the Queen to this meeting. " 

" Still! What if you were super late? Then I wouldve been late for my flight! " 

" But Im not late. " 

" Thats not the point, unnie! You need to be here on time and ... " Seohyun wouldnt stop lecturing her and all Yuri heard was mummbling. 

Yuri rolled her eyes and grabbed Seohyuns stuff, which was on the table. " Dude, you need to relax. " She gave her stuff to the younger girl and began pushing her out the door. " Be safe, bye. " She said. 

Before Seohyun could say anything, Yuri closed the door on her face. The first thing she did was walk to Eunhyuks room and knocked. 

Surprisingly, Eunhyuk opened the door and greeted Yuri with a weak smile. 

" Seohyun probably told you you're stuck with me right?" Yuri chuckled. Eunhyuk clearly wasnt amused and nodded. Yuri awkwardly laughed and frowned. " So.. I'll be in my room - well, Seohyuns room. " She said. 

He nodded again and closed the door. 

Yuri scoffed and turned around to her room, " Man, you did change.. " She mummbled as she walked away. 

 

" Please, boss, " Hyoyeon begged Lee SooMan in his office, " Let me do something about them JYP. I cant just stand here and do nothing. " 

" Hyoyeon, I told you to rest and you will. " SooMan said, " You were attacked and remember that electrocution process you went through?" 

" Im telling you Im fine, I get shot at and get punched like every mission. " She stated. 

" This is different. " 

" Im the best you got, come on, let me do something. " 

" Exactly. Jinwoon will expect me to make you do something because you're the best - Jinwoon has worked with you for years, we all worked and trained with him, but we didnt even know he was part of JYP, which means, he knows how we move and we dont know a damn thing about him. " 

" But like you said me and him worked together for years, I know at least enough information about him. " Hyoyeon said and wouldnt give up on getting a mission.

SooMan sighed and looked at the blonde girl in front of him, " You want to do something?" 

Hyoyeon nodded rapidly. 

" Be Hyukjae's bodyguard again. " SooMan said. 

Hyoyeon frowned, " Whats wrong with Seohyun?" 

" Nothing. I can see how much Hyukjae trusts you, heck - he'll even put his life on the line when it comes to you. " SooMan stated, " My point is, if you become his bodyguard again, maybe there's a chance he'll tell us the code for the bomb - with that, everything will be over. " 

" To be honest, I dont think he even knows the code. " Hyoyeon said. 

" What if he does? " 

Hyoyeon didnt say anything and looked down, " If thats the only mission you have for me, I wont do it - Im sorry. " She said before quickly leaving the room. 

 

 

2 days passed with Yuri as Eunhyuks bodyguard and Hyoyeon staying at home. Yuri got bored and tired of Eunhyuk attitude which wasnt mean, but he was a kill joy. Everytime Yuri would want to do something fun, Eunhyuk would walk away without a word and stay in his room. And everytime Yuri would try to contact Hyoyeon about Eunhyuk, she would ignore her and hang up. 

Yuri got tired of being in the middle of the couple and decided to take things her way. 

" Eunhyuk, get ready, we're going to SME. " Yuri said after eating lunch with him, 

" Why are we going?" Eunhyuk asked. 

Yuri shrugged her shoulders, " I dont know, but SooMan boss messaged me saying to drop you off. " 

Eunhyuk didnt ask anymore questions and nodded. He got up and went to his room to get a sweater. 

Yuri made Eunhyuk wear a hat and sunglasses as soon as they got outside. Even though they were hidden in the forest, Yuri still had to be cautious. They both quickly got into the car that was hidden in the trees. They drove in silence, which wasnt a surprise. 

When Yuri parked in an underground parking that belonged to a building, Eunhyuk got confused. 

" This isnt SME. " Eunhyuk said as he looked at Yuri who was getting off. 

" We're in a different department. We're trying to be low-key, you know?" Yuri said. 

Eunhyuk hesitated before coming out of the car. He followed Yuri into the building with his face hiding under a hat. They took the elevator to the 60th level, which took a long time. Right when the elevator opened, Yuri stepped out first and looked at each side before letting Eunhyuk out. 

" Is this place not safe or something?" Eunhyuk asked and wondered why she was acting like that. 

" Anybody can be here, we just need to be cautious. " Yuri answered as they walked. 

He looked at her weirdly, " What? I thought this was an SME department. " 

Yuri froze for a second, which made her suspicious, " Uhm, yeah it is. B-but you know si-since we're trying to keep it low-key, we dont want SME agents everywhere in this building because it'll be too obvious. " 

Eunhyuk nodded at her explaination and continued following Yuri to a door. " Is this it?" He asked. 

" Yup, " She said before knocking on the door. 

" So why a hotel building?" Eunhyuk asked as they waited. 

" Because it's very uncommon for agencies to hide in hotel buildings. I mean this would be the last place I would look if I was looking for an agent. " She chuckled. 

Eunhyuk thought it was weird, but he didnt ask anymore questions. He just went along with it and waited for someone to get the door. Yuri looked at the corner of the wall and suddenly remembered there was a hidden camera installed there. 

She panicked and looked at Eunhyuk with wide eyes. 

" What?" Eunhyuk wondered. 

" U-Uhm - uh, did you hear that?" Yuri said and looked behind her. 

Before Eunhyuk could say anything, Yuri made Eunhyuk go against the wall, right under the camera. " Ouch, why would - " He was about to complain but Yuri interuppted. 

" Shh, just stay there. " Yuri said, " And dont say anything. " 

After a few seconds, Yuri and Eunhyuk heard the door unlock. 

" Yuri? What are you doing?" A voice said that caught Eunhyuk's attention. 

Yuri didnt say anything, but had an innocent smile. " Hi.. Hyoyeon.. " She nervously laughed.

" Well?" The voice said again. 

Eunhyuk froze and felt his heart beating fast. Yuri and Eunhyuk made eye contact, which caught Hyoyeons attention. Hyoyeon stepped out of the door and was wide eyed when she saw the only person she's been thinking of for the passed weeks. 

She didnt say anything, which made Eunhyuk sad. Instead, she glared at Yuri and was about to close the door, but Yuri put her foot in between the door and the wall. Before Hyoyeon could say anything, Yuri dragged Eunhyuk inside the condo. 

" Both of you guys need to talk." Yuri was the first to break the silence, " Seriously, do you know how dangerous it is out there? What if one - " 

" Exactly, its dangerous out there. Why the hell would you bring him here?" Hyoyeon said, without looking at Eunhyuk.

" Wait, let me finish. " Yuri rolled her eyes, " Yes, its dangerous there, which means one of you can get killed. What if that happens? One dies and the other regrets? " 

With Yuris words, no one spoke. Eunhyuk kept looking at Hyoyeon, but she still wouldnt look back. He missed her so much and it hurt him to see that Hyoyeon was trying to get rid of him. 

Hyoyeon sighed, " Still, what you did can still put him in danger. " 

" But she's right. " Eunhyuk finally spoke. " we need to talk. " 

Hearing his voice made Hyoyeon freeze. She never realized how much she wanted to hear his voice again. Hyoyeon finally looked at him with sad eyes and wanted to hug him and cry into his shoulders. At that moment, a memory of Doojoon dying played in her head. She clenched her fists and shook her head to get rid of her thoughts. 

" No, no we dont. " Hyoyeon said and looked away from him. " Yuri, please take him and go back to the safehouse. " 

Before Hyoyeon could walk away, Yuri shook her head and said, " Nope, Im leaving him here. " 

" What?" Hyoyeon glared at her. 

Yuri was already walking towards the door, " Im leaving him here because you guys need to talk. Dont worry I'll be back before midnight. " She said. 

" Yuri, dont even - " 

" Hyo, I dont care what you do. You tell boss, I dont care. I care about you being happy and that's what Im trying to do. " 

" Take him and - " 

" Im leaving. You can kick him out, but if he gets harmed, it's your fault - I was never here.  " Yuri smiled before closing the door. 

Hyoyeon didnt bother chasing her and sighed. She didnt look at Eunhyuk, who was just awkwardly standing there. " If you're hungry, there's food. If someone knocks, dont open the door and stay away from the windows. " She instructed him before walking away. 

Eunhyuk just stood there and watched her walk away. He took slow steps into the living room and saw her watching tv with a blanket wrapped around her. He smiled a little and didnt stop looking at her. After admiring her for a few seconds, he finally decided to be the first one to talk. 

" Hyoyeon. " He said with a shaky voice. Hyoyeon didnt say anything and continued looking at the TV. " Hyoyeon, can you please look at me?" A few seconds of standing there, waiting for Hyoyeon to look at him, she finally did. " L-look, y-you dont have to talk, but I want to. " Eunhyuk stuttered. 

" I dont have time right now, " Hyoyeon spoke and got up, " You can sleep in my room, I'll sleep here. " She said before walking away. 

Eunhyuk sighed, " Can you please stop being stubborn and listen to me for at least 5 minutes?" He complained. 

Hyoyeon turned around with a frown, " Dont call me stubborn. Call Yuri stubborn, she's the one who pushed you into this room. " She hissed and turned around.

He managed to get her hand and held it firmly." I just want to talk to you, please " Eunhyuk pleaded.

" There's no point - " 

Before hyoyeon could finish her sentence, Eunhyuk interuppted her, " Thats what I thought to; there's no point in talking to Hyoyeon because once this mission is this, I'll probably never see her again. There's no point in talking to Hyoyeon because she's the one who sent me away. But I was wrong, what Yuri said, about one of us dying.. Hyo, if you died and I didnt even make the effort to talk to you, I would never forgive myself. " 

Hyoyeon didnt say anything and looked at their interwined hands. She took her hand away and looked down, " Eunhyuk, you just have to let me be, you dont understand. " She sadly said. 

" Then make me understand. " He spoke, " Tell me what I did for you to push me away. " 

" Its not you, okay. I've been through so much, I dont want to experience it again. " 

" I'll make sure you wont, okay? Just tell me whats wrong. Come on, Hyo. " 

Hyoyeon shook her head and turned around to walk away. " Can you at least tell me why you quit being my bodyguard? Why do you not want to see me?" Eunhyuk asked. She ignored his questions and kept walking away, but Eunhyuk managed to catch her hand. " Hyoyeon, please stop ignoring and tell me whats wrong. Just tell me what I did wrong, why do you keep ignoring me?" 

" I cant be your bodyguard. Lets just leave it that way. " Hyoyeon sighed and tried to walk away again, but this time, Eunhyuk held her hand tightly. 

" It was because of the kiss, right?" Eunhyuk guessed and frowned. " I didnt mean for that to happen. Im sorry if I took things too far, I didnt mean it. " 

Hyoyeon frowned, " Its not that." 

" Then what is it?"

" Im gonna call Yuri, you - " 

" No, tell me whats wrong, please. " 

" Eunhyuk, just stop asking and leave me alone. " 

" No, I dont care what you do. Punch me, tase me, slap me, I dont care. Im not going to leave you until you tell me. "

" Eunhyuk, please. " 

" Hyoyeon, you left me and didnt even ask if I was okay after that attack. You left me hanging after that kiss. What do you want me to do? Ignore you forever because you're ignoring me? I want to know why you left - I want to know what I did wrong. " 

Hyoyeon sighed and avoided eye contact. 

" Please, Hyoyeon. " Eunhyuk pleaded and already had tears in his eyes. 

" I just cant protect you anymore. " She looked down. 

" What? Of course you can. " 

" No, I cant. They always end up dying. " 

" What are you talking about?" 

" I cant protect you Eunhyuk. Everyone I try to protect, they die because of me. " 

" Hyoyeon, you're the strongest girl I have ever met. You - " 

" Me being strong? That has nothing to do with it. " 

Eunhyuk got confused and looked at her, " Then what are you trying to say? " 

" I just cant protect you anymore, okay? Thats my answer. Now please, just let me be an-" 

" Hyo, you know Im not giving up. " 

" You asked me a question, I give you an answer. What do the hell do you want me to say?" 

" I just want to hear the truth. Why cant you protect me? You cant just tell me you cant. " 

" I just cant, okay?!" 

" Why not? You've been protecting me ever since. " 

" That was before I fell in love with you! " Hyoyeon yelled at him. She was so annoyed with his questions and was pressured into answering him. Hyoyeon didnt even realize what she just said after looking at Eunhyuks face, who was surprised with his wide big eyes. 

" You fell in love with me?" Eunhyuk repeated her. He was having mixed emotions right now. At one point, he's happy, but then he still feels a bit of depression. He was still confused with Hyoyeon's actions. 

They both just stood there staring at each other as they waited for someone to talk. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Done this chapter :) Sorry for the late update again.. anyways, if you guys are confuse, dont worry! I will explain next chapter :) COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK !!!