Chapter Five

Risking It All

" So how is the whole bodyguard thing going on?" Eunhyuk heard a voice from the door. 

" Everything's alright. So far I havent gotten news about JYP. " He heard Hyoyeons voice,

Out of curiousity, he got up his bed and started walking down. In the kitchen he saw Hyoyeon talking to a familair girl. Both girls looked at Eunhyuk when they heard the stairs creak.

" Hey, you're awake. " Hyoyeon smiled. " This is Jessica by the way, she came with us when we rescued you. " She introduced her.

Jessica smiled and offered a handshake, " How are you?" 

 He shook her hand, but didnt answer her question. " Have you guys got anything about the JYPs?" He asked. 

" Thats actually why Im here. " Jesica replied, " One of our agents managed to find their location. Turns out, they just flew across China. " 

" What about their plans?" Hyoyeon asked. 

" Im not sure, but knowing Jinwoon, he's smart enough to know that our security is on high alert. For sure they're trying to lay low for now. " 

" So what does that mean? They wont try to kill for the next few days?" Eunhyuk asked like it was a good thing and rolled his eyes. 

Jessica looked at him, " You're lucky you're even here. Dont use that tone on me. " She glared at him.

Before Eunhyuk could say anything, Hyoyeon stepped in between them. " Uhm, Sica I think you should go. " Hyoyeon tried to laugh off the terrible tension going around. 

Jessica nodded, but kept glaring at him, " Yah, you treat Hyoyeon, I come here and kill you myself. " 

" Did you just threatened him?" Hyoyeon whispered while she tried to push Jessica towards the door. 

She ignored her question then looked at her friend, " Hyo, tell me if he does anything to you - no friend of mine w- " 

" Okay, bye Jessica! " Hyoyeon shut the door at her face before she could finish. She then turned around to look at Eunhyuk who was just looking at her with no expression. " You are really not a people-person, huh?" 

" So is that girl. " Eunhyuk commented, " Im the one being protecting, and yet she threatens me?" He scoffed. 

" Im not surprised, " She shrugged her shoulders, " I mean, me and Jessica trained together- we're like sisters- actually everyone in SME are like a family. I'd be doing the same thing if someone treated them bad. " She admitted. 

Eunhyuk didnt say anything for a second and just watched Hyoyeon walk pass him. " Wait, do I really treat you bad?" He asked. 

Hyoyeon turned around before she could climb up to her bed, " Nope, but maybe a little less attitude would be better. " She suggusted with a small giggle before going up her bed. 

Eunhyuk watched her and suddenly remembered how his father raised him. He certainly did not raise his own child to grow up rude, especially to women. The thought of his father made him depressed again.

That night Eunhyuk couldnt sleep, as always. He would usually stay on his bed, but he just got bored. He decided to go downstairs and sat on the bench. He just looked outside the window with a frown. 

" Whats up?" He heard Hyoyeons gentle voice behind him. He turned around and nodded. " Can I sit?" She asked as she pointed to the empty spot beside Eunhyuk. He didnt say anything but moved over to the side. She smiled and took a seat beside him. " Uhm.. you know you can talk to me right?" She looked at him with caring eyes. 

Eunhyuk looked away then looked  outside, " How did it you get over it..? " 

" Over what?" She curiously asked. 

" Mr.Lee SooMan told me you also lost someone important, how did you get over it?" He asked and finally looked at her. He noticed her tense up a little and cleared his throat. " Sorry for asking. " 

Hyoyeon forced a smile, " No-no, its okay. I just didnt expect you to ask me that. " 

" You dont have to answer, dont worry. " He said and got up, " Im gonna sleep now. " 

Before he walked away, Hyoyeon held his arm, " Come on, if it helps, I'll give you some advice. " She smiled. Eunhyuk thought about it for a minute and sat back down. " You know, I was just like you - I isolated myself from everyone and I felt like my whole world was destroyed. But honestly, I regretted wasting, probably 4 months acting like that - when I finally opened my eyes, I saw how many people cared for me - that I wasnt alone. " 

" But who else have I got? " Eunhyuk sighed, " It was just me and my dad. You? You got your whole family in SME. " 

" Well.. " Hyoyeon paused and looked at Eunhyuks sad eyes, " You got me. " He got surprised at what she said and looked up to see her smile. " You know, Im not just your body guard, you can talk to me." 

Somehow, Hyoyeon's simple but friendly words made him feel relaxed. Everything suddenly got quiet - no one spoke and all they heard was the crickets from outside. It wasnt awkward, but the quietness made Hyoyeon regret her words. " Anyways, you should go get some sleep - we're going somewhere tomorrow. " She said to break the silence. 

" Where are we going?" He asked. 

Hyoyeon got up, " Im sure you want to go out - I mean you've been stuck here for like a month. " 

" You're allowed to take me out? What if someone sees me?" 

" Dont worry, I'll find you something to wear." 

" What about your boss? I mean, isnt that against the rules or something?" 

" Man, you have a lot of questions." She chuckled, " Dont worry, okay? I mean, yeah my boss will probably kill me, but I'll risk it. " She smiled. 

Once again, her smile made him feel relaxed - like he felt safe around her. He ignored his thoughts and nodded. " Alright, I guess I'll go up now. " He said as he got up. 

" Good night. " She said before he went up. Eunhyuk looked back and gave her a small but quick smile then went upstairs. " Well- alright, I got a smile there, thats a step. " She mummbled to herself before going up to her bed. 

 

 

" This is my disguise?" Was the first thing Eunhyuk said when Hyoyeon placed sunglasses and a hat on his bed. Hyoyeon nodded and went back downstairs, who was followed by Eunhyuk. " Uhm, dont you something better?" 

She turned around, " Nope, sorry. I would grab something from SME, but Mr.Lee SooMan would find out what we're doing so.. " 

He just looked at the stuff in his hand and sighed, " Well, I guess its better than nothing. 

She clapped her hands, " Good! Now we're thinking positive! " She smiled at him then dragged him outside of the house. 

Eunhyuk expected the car to be outside, but nothing was there. " We're walking?" 

" Yeah, right. I'd rather stay in the house. " Hyoyeon joked as she started walking to a tree. " We had to get rid of the car and get something smaller - you know, so no one can see it around here. " She explained while moving her hands in front of her 

" What are you doing?" He asked and looked at her weirdly. 

Hyoyeon didnt say anythng for a minute, but when she felt something hard on her hand, she smiled. Eunhyuk saw her hands grab onto the air, but he was amazed when she moved her hand and revealled a motorcycle. 

" Cool, huh?" Hyoyeon smirked while she held onto a now green blanket. " Its like a camouflag thing - you know those green screens? Its kinda like that, we use it to hide things, like - turning them invisible. We just put them on and they disappear. " 

" Can you use that on a person?" Eunhyuk asked. 

" Sadly, no. It's specifically for vechicles - something about the metals in the cars, look, Im not a very smart person and I cant explain all this stuff. " She gave up, which made Eunhyuk chuckle in the inside. " Just go on and we'll eat okay?" She said as she sat on the motorcycle. 

He followed her orders and sat behind her. Hyoyeon gave him the helmet that was hanging on the motorcycle as she put hers on. After putting his on, he felt a little awkward since he didnt know where to hold onto. Before he could even think about putting his hands on the rear end of the motorcycle, Hyoyeon moved suddenly drove off surprising him. Out of reflexes, Eunhyuk held onto Hyoyeon's waist, which surprised her. She didnt say anything, but was only thinking of one thing. 

Thank god, I have my helmet on. She thought when she realized how hot she was getting. Although, it wasnt a skin-to-skin touch, she was getting red as a tomato. She doesnt know why, but the fact that Eunhyuk is holding onto her, made her nervous. 

It took them 15 to 20 minutes to get the city since Hyoyeon was going pass the speed limit, which freaked out Eunhyuk. He couldnt get himself to loosen his grip on Hyoyeons waist, which made things more awkward. When he realized that they slowed down, he had the chance to look around their surroundings. 

" I didnt know we're in California. " He commented. 

" I dont blame you, you were stuck in the forest for like a month. " Hyoyeon replied, without taking off her attention on the road. " So where do you wanna eat?" 

" Anywhere is  fine, honestly, I could eat anything. Like you said I've been stuck in the woods." He said. 

His reply made her giggle, " Alrighty then, we'll eat at Red Robins. " 

After they ate, Hyoyeons plan was to drive around the city since their helmets hid their face, but what caught her attention was Eunhyuks eyes that were glued to a building across Red Robins. 

" You wanna go in?" She asked at him. 

Eunhyuk shook his head, " I cant - someone might see me. " 

Hyoyeon frowned and knew he did want to go in. " You cant lie to me- I can tell by your eyes. " She chuckled and grabbed his hand. She dragged him across the street and entered the big building. 

" Hello, welcome to Elite Dance Studio. " They were greeted by a young man behind a desk. 

" Hi, we're part of this entertainment company, is it okay if we look around? Im interested in looking for trainees. " Hyoyeon kindly smiled. 

The young man nodded, " Of course, its okay. Would you like a tour of the building?" 

Hyoyeon shook her head, " We're okay. I know this place. " 

The young man nodded and smiled. " If you have any questions, please feel free to ask any of our employees. " 

Hyoyeon didnt drop her smile and dragged Eunhyuk deeper into the building. " Did you just lie to him?" He asked in disbelief. 

" Yeah, who cares! It's not like we're going to bomb the building. " She joked, " You did want to see the place right?" 

Eunhyuk didnt say anything and was kind of happy that she did that. 

As they walked further into the building, Hyoyeon noticed the little glow in Eunhyuks eyes. It made her feel good, considering the fact that all he did was frown for the past month. She watched as Eunhyuk looked around their surroundings; the pictures of famous dancers, famous music albums, and especially th on-going classes. Since the rooms had big windows, it was easy to see what was going inside. 

Eunhyuk stopped at one specific class and just stood there. Hyoyeon stood next to him and tapped her foot through the beat of the song. She smiled as she watched the teenagers dance, but she smiled even bigger when she noticed Eunhyuk smiling. It wasnt a big smile, but it was probably the first real smile he ever showed. 

" You like dancing, huh?" Hyoyeon asked him. He nodded once, but didnt look at her. She thought for one moment, then smirked. Eunhyuk curiously watched her walk into the room and talk to the teacher. He saw her give the teacher something, which made the man smile and nod. Hyoyeon left the room with a big smile. 

" What did you do?" Eunhyuk asked her. 

" In 5 minutes, you'll love me. " She smirked and gave him a cocky smile.

Eunhyuk just weirdly looked at her and didnt even bother asking. Like she said, he waited for about 5 minutes and heard the teacher end the class. He watched all the students leave the room followed by the teacher. 

Hyoyeon and the teacher traded smiled as they passed each other. Eunhyuk followed Hyoyeon into the room and just watched her put down all the blinds so no one can see them. 

" So, can you finally tell me why we're here?" Eunhyuk asked as he looked around. 

" Isnt obvious?" Hyoyeon exclaimed, " I paid the teacher for you to use the room for an hour! " 

Eunhyuk was a little surprised at her plan, " Really? You paid him? How much?" 

" Uhm, about $100. " She answered. 

He was wide eyed, " Seriously? $100?" 

" Yup, and dont worry about that - I mean come on, I work at the most secretive company in the world, $100 is like $10. " She chuckled. " Come on, you get to dance! " 

Eunhyuk shook his head, " Im alright. " 

Hyoyeon frowned, " Come on! I saw how you looked at them! You wanted to dance. " She exclaimed, but frowned when he shook his head, " Is it because Im here? Sorry if thats the reason, I cant leave you. " 

" Its okay, I dont want to dance. " He was heading towards the door when Hyoyeon ran to the stereo. 

" You know what? If you're not going to dance, I will. " She smiled while she picked a song from the shelves. 

Eunhyuk chuckled, " You dance?" 

Hyoyeon nodded with confidence, " In SME, Im known as the Dancing Queen. "  Eunhyuk couldnt help but let out a small chuckle, which caught Hyoyeons attention. " What? You think I cant dance?" She crossed her arms. 

" Its not that, I mean you're an agent - thats a weird combination, dont you think?" 

" So? Im an agent who can dance." 

" Can you really?" 

Hyoyeon stood straight, " Hey, for your information - I've been dancing since I was kid. Im not being cocky, but Im pretty good." 

Eunhyuk didnt say anything and just nodded with a sly smile. 

Hyoyeon took it as an insult and scoffed. " Just watch and learn, buddy! " She said as she finally picked a CD from the shelf and placed it inside the stereo.

She walked to the middle of the room while looking at Eunhyuk with a 'you're-going-regret-what-you-said' look. Eunhyuk chuckled and couldnt help to ignore the fact that her 'cocky' side was kind of attractive. She began with a small move, which was just clapping to the beat of the song, but as the songs gets faster, Eunhyuk was amazed at her moves. She didnt miss a single beat and danced so smoothly - like it was natural for her. She made it look easy with that smile on her face as she danced. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjgePWgtWp8

Eunhyuk couldnt stop looking at her, somehow, he couldnt tell himself to stop. It wasnt just her moves that amazed him, but the curves she has; he coulcnt believe that he hadnt realized how nice her body was. He didnt even realize that the song finished because he was too busy looking at her. The amazed look on Eunhyuks face made Hyoyeon let out a cocky laugh. 

" See? you're so surprised you cant even talk right now! " She exclaimed, which got his attention. " Never judge person, Lee Hyukjae. " She smirked as she sat down beside him.

" I admit it, you're pretty good. " Eunhyuk commented. 

Hyoyeon proudly smiled, " Now why dont you dance? " She used her puppy eyes. 

Eunhyuk shook his head, " I told you, Im okay. " 

" Come on! I danced for you! " 

" I didnt ask. " 

" You're mean, come on! Just one song, thats it. " 

" No. " 

" Please. " 

" No" 

" Please. " 

" No- " 

" Just to let you know, I do like 5 - 8 hour interrogations. So I can last forever. " 

" Why do you even want me to dance?" 

" Because I saw how you looked at them and honestly, when I dance, I forget all my problems and just focus on what move Im going to do next. I want you to dance because I want you to forget about your problems - your sadness, you know? Just for like a few minutes. " 

Hyoyeons answer got Eunhyuks attention. He looked at Hyoyeon who had her kind smile, but she also had her puppy eyes. Dancing wouldnt hurt, would it? He thought before getting up. 

Hyoyeon clapped and looked like a little girl finally getting her ice cream. 

When Eunhyuk finally picked a song, Hyoyeon was a bit taken back since she expected an upbeat song, but instead, it was like a slow song, but had a catchy beat. 

" Remember, just dance like you're alone in the room. " Hyoyeon reminded him not be shy. 

Eunhyuk nodded and started feeling the song as he walked up to the middle of the room. When he began to dance, he felt a bit awkward, but as the song went on, he slowly felt more comfortable and just let his body loosen up. Hyoyeon was right, he didnt think of anything else except just to dance. He felt calm for the first time; he was basically in his own little world. He was letting out a smile as he danced, and completely forgot that Hyoyeon was watching. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5IFVIfgKIk

As for Hyoyeon, when he finally started showing his true skills, her breath was literally taken away. She loved how Eunhyuk danced so smoothly; it was obvious he was feeling the song because he never missed a beat and danced like he has been dancing 24/7.It wasnt just his 'out-of-the-blue' dance skills, but because Hyoyeon finally saw him smile, she couldnt help herself from smiling as well. She doesnt know why but she couldnt help herself from admiring Eunhyuk. There was something about him that made her feel nervous and get goosebumps, but she didnt mind it - in fact, she liked that feeling. 

When he finished dancing, he felt happy for the first time. He just stood there with a smile on his face and started reminiscing about his dancing. 

" That was great. " Hyoyeon spoke with a smile. 

He looked up at Hyoyeon, " Thanks. " He said. 

" Can you teach me?" She smiled. " I like that song, and that dance you did? I love it. " 

Eunhyuk felt awkward at the thought of teaching her. He was hesitated to answer. 

Hyoyeon jumped up, " You like my dance, right?" She asked. He nodded with a small smile. " Then how about this, I teach you my dance and you teach me your dance. " She suggested. Eunhyuk didnt say anything and avoided eye contact. She walked towards him as she gave him her smile. " Please, you know you want to. " 

Eunhyuk sighed, and somehow he couldnt tell himself to say no. As soon as he nodded, Hyoyeon widely smiled. " Great! How about I teach mine first! It can be a good workout since mines more of an upbeat dance. " She said.  He didnt say anything and just followed her. 

As the time passed by with dancing, they grew closer every second. They completely forgot about the routine they were supposed to do and just danced with the beat of a random song. It didnt feel weird for both of them, actually both felt as if they have a connection. Hyoyeon slowly brought the happy Eunhyuk back by accidently making mistakes and losing balance. For Hyoyeon, she couldnt stop admiring him, it was literally the first time seeing him so happy; that also made her smile. As for Eunhyuk, he obviously forgot about all his depressing thoughts and filled it with just thought of dancing and Hyoyeon. 

Their dance session ended with both of them laying on the floor as they tried to catch their breath. 

" Wow, I havent danced that hard for so long. " Hyoyeon between laughing. 

" I havent danced since - probably 2 years ago. "  Eunhyuk chuckled. 

Hyoyeon looked at him with surprise, " Really? But you're so good! " 

" Thanks. " He gave her a big smile. She didnt look away and took the chance to admire him face-to-face. " What?" He wondered. 

She smiled back at him, " You have a gummy smile. " She stated, which made Eunhyuk blush. He immediately looked away, which caused Hyoyeon to chuckle. " You should smile more - you look cute. " When she realized what she just said, she immediately looked away from him. " I-I mean, i-it looks good. " 

Eunhyuk couldnt stop himself from smiling. " Thanks, I've been told. " 

Hyoyeon was the first to sit up, " Come on, lets go. Our hour is almost up. " 

He sat up and took a deep breath. " Do you think we can come back here?" 

She looked at Eunhyuk who had a small frown, " Im sorry, this is just one time thing - we cant go out all the time, it can put you in danger. " 

" Yeah, I know. " He mummbled as he got up. 

Hyoyeon just sat there, feeling sorry for Eunhyuk. " Help me up?" She asked as she raised her hand in front of Eunhyuk. 

As he looked down, he found her adorable; she looked like a little girl. He couldnt stop himself from laughing. 

She playfully glared at him, " Dont laugh at me, you're rude. " She mummbled. 

When she jumped up to her feet, she didnt know that Eunhyuk was going to help her. He was already in the middle of pulling her up, but because Hyoyeon suddenly got up, she hit her head on his nose. Because of the sudden force, Eunhyuk fell down and tried to hold onto something to keep him up, which was the only thing in front of him, Hyoyeon. 

Hyoyeon let out a scream and fell towards him. Because she's an agent, she should used to surprises, but she couldnt tell her body to respond. As they fell on the ground, their lips accidently touched. Both their eyes went wide and Hyoyeon quickly took lips off him, but didnt get off. They both just stared at each other with their faces close together. 

Both could feel each other breathing, which caused both of them to have goosebumps. Their minds were telling them to move, but their body wasnt responding. They just laid there and just stared at each other. Eunhyuk took this moment to admire her beautiful, flawless face. He never realized how brown her eyes are and couldnt help himself from smiling a little bit. Hyoyeon had the same thought of course, but she noticed the glow in his eyes. It wasnt the glow she saw when he was dancing, it was a different glow.

They couldnt stop themselves from staring at each other, both didnt know why, but they loved the moment. When they heard the door open, it was like a trigger in Hyoyeon head. She immediately got up and looked at the person who opened it. 

" Hey, are you guys allowed in here?" The stranger said with his deep voice. 

Eunhyuk stood up, but he kept looking at Hyoyeon. " S-sorry, we'll leave now. " She said and was in a hurry to get her sweater. She looked at Eunhyuk" Lets go. " She said before quickly looking away. 

He quickly took his hat and sunglasses from the ground and followed Hyoyeon. 

The ride home was awkward. No one said anything and everytime someone moves, it felt more awkward. Eunhyuk was too scared to hold onto her while she drove and just held onto the motorcycle itself. When they got home, Eunhyuk was the first to break the silence. 

" Hyoyeon. " He called her as soon as they got inside. Hyoyeon turned around and looked at him with her eyebrows raised. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. With her eyes looking at his, Eunhyuk couldnt get himself to talk. 

Hyoyeon expected this to happen and decided talk about it first. " What happened there was.. unplanned. Im sorry for that. " She said.

" I-Its okay - I mean, Im sorry too. " He scratched the back of his head.

" I hope it wont be weird for us.. " She forced a small laugh. 

" I hope so too. " He mummbled. 

After that small talk, everything got qiuet again. This was a sign for Hyoyeon, " Uhm, I'll cook dinner the- " 

Before she could finish her sentence, Eunhyuk immediately spoke, " No, its okay. You're probably tired. " 

" Dont worry, Im alright. " 

" Seriously, Im okay. You should get some sleep, I think I'll go rest too. " 

Hyoyeon just nodded, " Alright, if thats what you want. " She smiled as she started walking up the ladder. 

Eunhyuk began walking up his stairs, but turned around to say something, " Hyoyeon, thanks for today - I had fun. " He smiled at her. 

She chuckled, " No problem. At least you finally smiled. " She said before going up her bed. 

He smiled and continued to walk up the stairs. He changed into his pajamas and just laid down on his bed. He just stared at the ceiling and couldnt stop himself from smiling. 

Ive been living with this girl for a month and I havent noticed her? Wow, Im slow..  He thought to himself. He touched his lips and remembered how soft her lips were. That moment kept replaying in his head. He tried to think of something else, but that scene kept playing in his head. The more it did, the more he smiled. 

In the other side of the house, Hyoyeon was also thinking of the kiss. She didnt know if it meant anything, but she certainly did not want to make a big deal about it. Even though she was fine about it, she found herself smiling. It wasnt just the kiss that she was thinking of, but also his smile. Today was the very first time she saw his real smile. She found it cute and never got tired of it, she loved his smile. 

 

 

" Have you found him yet?" Jinwoon said as he entered the room full of monitors that connected to the city cameras around the world. 

" Not yet. " One of the men answered, " This is way to hard - he could be anywhere. We're wasting our time, lets just ask one of men in SME and - " 

One girl interruppted him from the back, " Seulong, are you stupid? Lee SooMan is cautious, ever since Jinwoon revealled himself, he's been watching every agent in SME. We have to be careful. " 

" Sohee's right, we need to be careful. " Jinwoon sighed, " It may take some time before we can communicate with them. " 

" Man, Jin-young is waiting for that stupid password. He's really starting to get impatient. " Seulong sighed. 

" Dont worry, I know how SME works, we'll find him. " Jinwoon said as he looked at the monitors in front of him. 

" We better. This ' finding-him-thing '  is really annoying me. " Sohee said before leaving the conversation. 

 

 

 

 

Im finally starting the HyoHyuk moments!!! I hope you guys enjoyed. Tell me what you think!!!!