Chapter Six

Risking It All

Ever since the kiss happened, everything was a biit awkward. But as time passed by, both managed to accept what happened and just go on with life. They slowly got more comfortable with each other and often just talked to each other, instead of doing their own thing. With another 2 months passing by, Eunhyuk was quickly recovering from his depression phase and began laughing - like he was his old self again. He admitted that he missed laughing and he loved the fact that Hyoyeon is the reason. 

" Are we going out again?" Eunhyuk asked as he followed Hyoyeon to the motorcycle outside. 

Hyoyeon chuckeld, " You wish. We're going to SME, give and get some updates. " 

" Cant they just come here?" He complained. 

She got on the motorcycle and put her helmet on, " Fine, stay here then. " 

" You wouldnt leave me. " He crossed his arms and smirked. 

Hyoyeon started the car and looked at Eunhyuk before putting her visor down to cover her eyes. " Watch me. " She said, loud enough for him to hear. 

She drove off, leaving Eunhyuk in disbelief with his mouth wide open. He watched her get smaller and smaller as she drove, but began to smile again when she turned around. He immediately changed his smile into a frown as Hyoyeon parked in front of him. 

" Did you really thing I was going to leave you?" She said after taking off her helmet. " Boss would kill me. " She chuckled. 

" Thats what I thought. " He mummbled and playfully glared at her. 

" Oh come on, stop being so grumpy and get on - they're waiting for us. " She laughed at his childish side. To cover up him smile, he put his helmet on and got on the motorcycle. She couldnt stop giggling at him, which was like music to Eunhyuks ears. 

The ride was a bit long to the aiport (LAX). They had to put something to cover their faces since they were in public again; Eunhyuk had to wear his hat and sunglasses, while Hyoyeon wore a hoodie with a hat. They were picked up by a private plane, which had some of Hyoyeons friends in it. 

" Long time no see! " A small girl said and hugged Hyoyeon as soon as they go on the plane. 

" Taeyeon-ah! " Hyoyeon smiled and hugged her back. " I heard you and Baekhyun are a thing now?" She started nudging her. 

" Dont talk about that. " A man got up from his seat, " Thats all everyone talks about. " 

Hyoyeon looked passed Taeyeon and widely smiled, " Heechul-oppa! " She hugged him. Heechul smiled at her and hugged her back. Eunhyuk cleared his throat to make Hyoyeon remember he was behind her. " Oh yeah, as you guys know, this is Eunhyuk. " 

Both Taeyeon and Heechul smiled at him, " Nice to meet you. " 

Eunhyuk gave them a small smile then turned to Hyoyeon, " Can I use the washroom?" 

Hyoyeon nodded and pointed to the washroom, which was at the back of the plane. Eunhyuk nodded and walked towards the rom,

" Im not being rude, but why are you guys here? Arent we already meeting in SME?" Hyoyeon turned to her friends. 

" I know, but the boss wanted to make sure you guys are alright. " Heechul answered as he sat back down and took out a laptop, " And also, he wanted us to talk about what we found out about JYP. He doesnt want us wasting time when we get to SME - he'll be the one to explain the mission. " 

" Mission?" Hyoyeon sat acorss from him as Taeyeon sat beside Heechul. " What about Eunhyuk?" 

" Dont worry, Donghae will be replacing you for a while. " Taeyeon answered, which Hyoyeon nodded at. 

Heechul opened his laptop and revealled the location of JYP. " We just found out that JinYoung will be attending a private party this weekend. Apparently, he's meeting up with another scientist. We dont know the reason, but we think that he's looking for another guy to get pass the activation process without the password. " 

" Why dont you guys just ambush the place where they're hiding?" Eunhyuk's voice popped out.

" We cant do that. " Taeyeon replied, " It's too risky - we dont know if we they're fully armed with dangerous weapons and plus, with everything going on - they're probably on high alert. " 

" Thats no excuse, you guys need to catch this guy. " Eunhyuk argued back. 

" Im sorry, but we cant risk it. We dont know what they're planning. " Heechul replied this time. 

" He has the most powerful bomb in the planet, its kind of obvious what he's planning. " The angry Eunhyuk was showing himself again. " Your job is to catch that guy and bring him in. " 

Hyoyeon got up and worriedly looked at Eunhyuk, " Calm down, okay?" 

" I wont calm down, " Eunhyuk hissed, " This guy killed my dad and tortured me. Now he's running around the world and having a party, like he's a free man. " 

" Eunhyuk-sshi, Mr.Lee isnt that type of a man who sends his men into an unknown place, where they could possibly die. We need more information about them and we cant be reckless. " Heechul calmly said. 

Hyoyeon clearly saw how mad Eunhyuk was and quickly took him to the back of the plane. 

" We're gonna catch JinYoung, okay?" Hyoyeon said with her gentle voice. " Im going to this mission myself, I'll make sure he'll pay for what he did to you, alright? " 

Hyoyeons sentence took Eunhyuks attention, " You're going?" 

She nodded, " Donghae will be taking my place, you met him, right?" 

He ignored her question and suddenly remembered the painful memories of being tortured. " Dont. You might get hurt, they could torture you. " 

She was suprised at his reply and gave him a confused look, " What? Didnt you just say you wanted us to catch him?" 

Eunhyuk shook his head, " I-I did, but I change my mind. " 

She chuckled at him, " You're weird, you know that? One day you're angry, then next you're all like happy and stuff. " 

He didnt say anything because his head was filled with flashbacks of him getting tortured. He didnt know why he suddenly changed his attitude; at first he was angry with the memories, but now he's worried. He looked at the girl in front of him and his eyes changed into fear. 

" Everything will be alright, okay? " Hyoyeon spoke again. 

Eunhyuk slowly nodded, which signaled Hyoyeon to take him back to Heechul and Taeyeon. 

The plane ride was pretty long since they were going from California to Korea. Eunhyuk couldnt sleep no matter how quiet it was. His mind was full of painful memories again, he couldnt forget them. He looked at the person beside him who sleeping peacefuly. 

What if you get hurt, Hyoyeon? He thought as he watched her sleep. I dont know why, but the thought of losing you, hurts me. Im scared, you cant leave too. 

His tears began to come out and looked away before Hyoyeon could wake up. He then thought of his dad and cried more. His little movements and sniffing made Hyoyeon moved in her sleep, putting her head on his shoulder. 

" You wanna talk about it?" Hyoyeon spoke in a sleepy voice with her eyes closed. 

" Im alright, go to sleep. " Eunhyuk whispered. 

She let out a small smile and snuggled into his shouder. " If you want to talk about it, Im here. " She said and interwined her hands with his. 

Eunhyuk was caught off gaurd. His whole body got nervous, but at the same time, he felt calm all of the sudden and all his sad memories disappeared. He just focussed on the girl who was holding his hand. 

" Sweet dreams. " He whispered and kissed her head. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep with his hands wrapped around hers. 

 

 

" Wakey, wakey. " Someone interuppted Hyoyeons cozy sleep. She didnt open her eyes and instead moved closer to the thing that kept her warm all night. " Dude, seriously, wake up. " 

" Shut up, Heechul, you're ruining it. " She heard Taeyeons voice. 

" Well, you dont expect them to sleep together when we already landed, do ya?" Heechul chuckled. 

When Hyoyeon heard what he said, she opened her eyes to ask what he meant, but her eyes lead to Eunhyuk. She realized he had his arm around her and her head was on her shoulder. Because she was surprised, she quickly got up, shocking Eunhyuk. 

Eunhyuk woke up with wide eyes, " Whats happened?" was the first thing he said. 

" N-Nothing. " Hyoyeon stuttered. " I-Im gonna go to the washroom. " She said and quickly walked to the washroom. 

Before Eunhyuk could say anything, both Heechul and Taeyeon were smirking at him, " Good sleep, huh?" 

He looked at them weirdly and took almost a minute before remembering what happened yesterday. He quickly got up and began to panic. 

" Relax, man. Its not like you guys had s-ex. " Heechul laughed. 

Before he could defend himself, Hyoyeon came out. She had her usual smile on, but avioded Eunhyuks eyes. " Lets go?" She said and just walked out the plane. 

" Ooo, now it's gonna be awkward. " Taeyeon and followed Hyoyeon. 

" I hope not.. " Eunhyuk mummbled as he walked behind Taeyeon, followed by Heechul who was smirking. 

They got into the car that Taeyeon brought before they left to go to California. Hyoyeon chose to drive and forced Taeyeon to sit at the front while Heechul and Eunhyuk sat at the back. The whole ride felt awkward because every time Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon caught each other's eyes, they would both look away. Heechul was dying to say something, but he was scared Hyoyeon would hit him after. 

When they finally arrived in SME, Heechul and Taeyeon gave each other a look before running away into the building, leaving Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon alone. 

Hyoyeon cursed under her breath and was mentally killing them. Eunhyuk found this an opportunity and quickly caught up to her, who was walking pretty face. 

" Hyoyeon. " He called her.

" Hmm?" Hyoyeon said without changing her pace. 

Eunhyuk figured they cant talk properly and decided to play tricks on her. " Fine, be awkward. Just to say something, you were the one who held my hand. "He said. 

Hyoyeon immediately stopped walking and looked at Eunhyuk, who was giving her a sly smile and walked passed her. She turned red, but didnt hesitate to defend herself. " For your information, I was sleepy. " Eunhyuk just nodded at what she said and pressed the button to call the elevator. He stood there with Hyoyeon glaring at him. " Yah, listen to me. " She demanded. 

" I am. " He gave her a teasing smile. 

" I was sleepy and I noticed you were sad - I wanted to comfort you. " She tried hard to defend herself. Eunhyuk just nodded again with that sly smile. " You're annoying. " She complained like a girl and stomped inside the elevator that just opened up. 

Eunhyuk chuckled at her and followed her inside. " Sometimes its hard to believe that you're an agent. " He joked as Hyoyeon pressed the 9th level. 

She glared at him, " And whats that supposed to mean?" 

" You can be like kid, you know? Take it as a oompliment, its cute. " He chuckled. 

Hyoyeon didnt even argue back and was a bit taken back. She turned her head away to hide herself from blushing. " You're annoying. " She mummbled. 

Eunhyuk chuckled and just stood there, waiting for the elevator to reach the 9th level. She looked like she wanted to punch him in the face, but inside she was smiling like a little girl. 

When arrived at the 9th level, they were greeted by a wide smile. 

" Hey! The couple is here! " The person said with a cheeky smile and tried to hug Hyoyeon, but she pushed him away. 

After she pushed him away, she charged at Heechul and Taeyeon who were laughing at the back. " You guys told?!" She yelled out of embarrassment. 

" Relax, we only told Changmin oppa. " Taeyeon chuckled. 

" Hey, I see Eunhyuk has been treating you well. " Jessica came out of a room with a teasing smile. 

" And we also told Jessica. " Heechul said before running away with Taeyeon, who was letting out her ahjumma laugh. 

" Can we please act professional?" Hyoyeon sighed and started walking towards Lee SooMans office, who was followed by the quiet, but red Eunhyuk. 

Jessica chuckled, " You should be the one to act professional, remember you're supposed to be protecting him, not sleeping with him. " She whispered to Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon threatened to hit her with her with the nearest thing, which was a chair. Jessica ran away laughing before Hyoyeon could do anything else. 

" Arent you guys like one of the best agency around the world?" Eunhyuk asked Changmin. 

Changmin nodded, " Yeah, its hard to believe after seeing all that, but trust me, when the time comes, everyone here does their job. " 

Before they entered Lee Soomans office, Hyoyeon turned around and faced Changmin and Eunhyuk, " Oppa, can you take Eunhyuk to Donghae oppa, please? He'll be the one to replace me. " 

Before Eunhyuk could say anything, Changmin already pulled him away. 

Hyoyeon entered the room to see Lee Sooman with Kyuhyun, Kai, and Sooyoung. 

" Hyoyeon-ah. " Kyuhyun and Sooyoung smiled. 

" Hyo noona. " Kai smiled as well. 

Hyoyeon smiled at them then looked at Lee SooMan. 

" Hows Hyukjae?" Mr.Lee asked. 

" He's doing well, he's actually recovering pretty fast from his experience. " Hyoyeon replied as she sat down beside her friends. 

Mr.Lee nodded then looked at everyone, " As you all know, JinYoung was reported seen in Rome. He will be attending a private party there to recruit people for JYP. My theory is that, he's getting people to help him with his bomb - to activate the bomb without the password. " He then turned to Hyoyeon, "  Have you asked Hyukjae about the password?" 

Hyoyeon shook her head, " We havent gotten to that yet. Knowing him, he'll probably take it the wrong way - he'll never say anything." 

" I understand, " Mr.Lee nodded, then went back to the mission, " anyways, at the party, thats when we'll take him. He always has bodyguards around him so dont put your guard down. You guys are leaving first thing tomorrow. " 

" I've already got everything planned out, we'll talk about on the way. " Kyuhyun said to his dongsaengs. 

Everyone nodded then stood up. " I'll see you guys in 3 days. " Mr.Lee said before leaving the room. 

As as he left, Sooyoung was the first to speak, " Well, Im gonna take a nap, I need my beauty sleep. " She flipped her hair and walked out the room. 

" Im gonna go play games. " Kyuhyun got up and left as he ignored the weird look Hyoyeon was giving him. 

" Yah, yah, " Hyoyeon and Kai followed him, " No games for now, you need to do you technology magic. " Hyoyeon spoke. 

" I already did dont worry. " Kyuhyun proudly smiled, " I hacked into all the cameras in the hall they're attending to. " 

" Oh, well then go back to your games. " Hyoyeon said and walked away, leaving Kyuhyun with a smile. 

Kai followed her and tapped her on the shoulder, " Noona, is it true?" 

Both kept walking as Hyoyeon looked at him, " Whats true?" 

" About you and that guy you're protecting. " As soon as Kai said that, Hyoyeon stopped walking and turned to him. 

" What did they tell you?" 

" You guys fell asleep in the plane together and apparently he's your boyfriend. "

" He's not! " 

" Its okay, noona. You dont have to hide it from me. " 

Hyoyeon grabbed his ear, causing Kai to let out a small girly scream. " Ow, ow, ow, noona! Noona! ow! That hurts! Stop! " She dragged him by the ear while she looked for 2 specific people. " Noona, seriously! That hurts! " Kai kept crying. 

When she found them in the conference room that had a glass door, she quickly dragged Kai, causing him to groan. Hyoyeon entered the room and glared at Heechul and Taeyeon. 

" Who else did you talk to?" Hyoyeon said as she let go of Kai. 

Kai ran behind Heechul and rubbed his ear. Heechul sighed then turned to the maknae, " Yah! I told you to keep your mouth shut! " He smacked him in the head. 

" Ow! Hyung! " Kai cried then rubbed his head. 

" Stop telling people that we're together. " Hyoyeon glared at them. 

" Please, you may be glaring at us, but I can read people. You're smiling in the inside. " Heechul chuckled. 

" You were smiling in your sleep. " Taeyeon commented, " You like him, dont you?" 

" No, I dont. " Hyoyeon said. 

Taeyeon let out a scoff, " I havent seen you blush this hard since, probably forever! " 

Hyoyeon crossed her arms and realized it started getting hot around her. " Where is he, anyway?" 

Heechul pointed his finger across the room. Hyoyeon turned around and saw Donghae and Eunhyuk sitting on the other side of the table. She didnt know what else to say and began turning red again. Eunhyuk was just looking at her with a small smile, while Donghae winked at her. She then turned to Taeyeon, who was trying her hardest not to laugh. 

" Why didnt you tell me?" She whispered at her. 

" Because its funny. " Taeyeon replied with a giggle. 

Hyoyeon didnt bother looking at Eunhyuk and cleared . She stood straight and began walking out of the room, " Im gonna go get ready. " She said before walking out. 

Everyone then stared at Eunhyuk, who was just sitting there avoiding eye contact with everyone else. 

 

 

All day, Hyoyeon was avoiding eye contact with Eunhyuk and purposely kept herself busy. Eunhyuk and Donghae were scheduled to leave for the safehouse later at night, while Hyoyeon and her team were scheduled to review the plan.

" Can I use the washroom before we go?" Eunhyuk asked Donghae before they entered the elevator. 

" Sure, I'll meet you downstairs. " Donghae said and stepped in the elevator. 

Eunhyuk turned around and began looking around for someone. He approaached the first person he saw and asked, " Excuse me, do you know where Hyoyeon is?" 

" She's in the training room. " The girl replied. 

" Uhm- where's that?" Eunhyuk asked. 

The girl looked at him, " Wait - who are you? Are you supposed to be here?" 

" I-Im training here, a-as an agent. I just wanted to ask her a few questions. " He stuttered, fearing the girl might hurt him. 

She looked at him suspiciously. " If you're training here, shouldnt you know where the training room is?" 

Eunhyuk couldnt think of anything else to say and stood there with fear. The girl suddenly grabbed his arm, forced him to turn around and pinned him to the wall, so his face was implanted on it. She bent his arm, causing him to groan. Before she could do anything else, Eunhyuk panicked and spoke. 

" Wait-wait! I-Im Eunhyuk, u-uh Lee Hyukjae! " He mummbled against the wall. 

" What did you say?" She asked again, pushing him against the wall harder. 

" My names Lee Hyukjae! The one Hyoyeons protecting - h-her mission as a bodyguard. " He groaned. 

With that sentence, the girl immediately let go, " Omo! I didnt know! "  

Eunhyuk dropped to ground and rubbed his arm. " That hurt.. " He mummbled. 

The girl helped him up, " Im sorry, I didnt know, Hyukjae-sshi. " 

" Its okay." He said as he pulled the hem of his shirt to keep it neat. 

" Im Yuri, by the way. " She offered a handshake, which Eunhyuk accepted, " Im Hyoyeons friend. Im really sorry about that - ever since one of our guys betrayed us, Im getting all paranoid. " 

Eunhyuk forced a smile, " Im okay, dont worry. I just want to know where Hyoyeon is. " 

" Oh right! Come on, I'll show you were the room is. " Yuri smiled and walked to the elevator, followed by Eunhyuk. Once the elevator opened, Yuri spoke again as they stepped in, " This isnt my business, but ar-are you and Hyoyeon together?" She gave him a teasing smile before pressing the underground level.

Eunhyuk knew that was coming and shyly laughed, " N-No, that was just one incident. She was just comforting me because my situation, you know. " 

" Oh, I see. " Yuri nodded slowly. 

" Im guessing everyone knows now?" Eunhyuk asked. 

" Kind of.. " She gave a nervous laugh. He didnt say anything and nodded. " I can imagine you guys together though, you guys are cute. " She joked. 

He blushed and wanted to change the subject, " I never imagined SME agents to be like this - not in a rude way, but you guys all seem very close and you guys are always messing with each other. " 

" Thats what all our clients say. " She chuckled, " Everyone here in SME is family." 

Eunhyuk chuckled a little, " I always thought agents were trained to limit their emotions. " 

" We were taught that, but I guess it gives us the motivation to protect one another. " Yuri said, " Mr.Lee was once an agent like us, he told us that they were trained by fighting each other - you know he accidently killed one of his friends during his training years. So when Mr.Lee became the head of SME, he changed everything - in a good way of course. " 

Before Eunhyuk could say anything, the elevator beeped and opened to reveal the underground level. Yuri walked out first and was followed by Eunhyuk. The first view of level was just a narrow wall, but as they walked further, he saw the inside of the training rooms. Every room had a big window so Eunhyuk had a good glimspe of it. 

There was about 3 rooms. One room was a bit big; it had many targets lined up on the far side of the room and throwing weapons near the entrance. The second room was a lot bigger; it had 5 big mats lined up across the room for sparring and a few non-lethal weapons organized in the left side of the room. They entered the final room, which was on the other side of the hallway. He figured it was a shooting range, because of the loud shooting he can hear as soon as the entered the room. 

" Hyoyeons the one over there. " Yuri pointed to a girl at the end of the room. She had her ear protection on and her safetly eye wear. " You're pretty lucky you got Hyoyeon as your bodyguard. " She commented. 

Eunhyuk looked at Yuri, " What do you mean?" 

" Out of everyone I know, she's the most caring. Her number one rule is, never leave a man behind, even if she has to abandon the mission, she will." Yuris words about Hyoyeon made Eunhyuk smile. " Anyways, I better go. See you when I see you. " She waved before leaving Eunhyuk. 

Eunhyuk started walking towards the blonde girl who had her hair tied. " Hyoyeon-ah. " He called, but since she had her ear protection on and kept shooting, she couldnt hear him. He stepped closer to her and decided to wait for her to finish. 

He took this time to admire her once again. He smiled and thought of how beautiful she looked with her hair tied up; he never got tired of looking at her. As they lived together, Eunhyuk always thought Hyoyeon was getting prettier everyday. His eyes led to her neck then to her waist. With shorts and a tank top on, he noticed how fit her body was. He didnt know why, but everything about her made him nervous. 

When the shooting finally stopped, Eunhyuk looked at the target and noticed she got all her bullets in the middle. He was obviously shocked, but he was proud of her. Hyoyeon took off her ear protection and put the gun down.

" Wow, good job. " Eunhyuk spoke, which surprised Hyoyeon. 

With fast reflexes, she quickly took the gun and pointed at the voice. Her eyes got wide when she realized it was Eunhyuk. He was scared for his life and basically pinned himself against the wall. " Im so sorry! You scared me! " She quickly apologized as she put the gun down. 

Eunhyuk relaxed and sighed, " Damn, 2 times in one hour? Wow.. " He mummbled. 

" What are you doing here? Arent you supposed to be with Donghae oppa?" Hyoyeon asked. 

" We're actually leaving soon, but I just wanted to say.. uh - good luck on your mission. " He covered his shyness with a nervous laugh. 

She smiled at him, " Thanks, good luck being stuck with oppa. " She joked. 

" So how long will you be gone?" 

" Uhm about 3 days. " 

" It'll probably be dangerous, right?" 

" All missions are dangerous, but Im used to it. " 

There was a short pause for a moment. Nobody spoke and just stood there awkwardly. " Im sorry about my friends, by the way. " Hyoyeon was the first to break the silence. 

" Its alright, dont worry. " He laughed as he rubbed the back of his head. 

Hyoyeon loved it when he did that action and caused her to giggle, " Why do you always scratch your head?" 

" I dont know - I just do it when Im nervous. " He said without thinking. 

" You're nervous? How come?" She curiously asked. 

He froze for a minute and tried to think of something to say. Because you're looking at me. He thought, but didnt say. Eunhyuk sighed out of relief when they heard a loud voice calling Hyoyeon. 

" HYOYEON-AHHH. " Sooyoung yelled as she walked up to them. " Whats up, Hyukjae-sshi?" She smiled at him.

" Eunhyuk is fine. " He smiled back then looked at Hyoyeon, " I better go, Donghaes waiting for me. " He started walking backwards. 

" Alright, you guys be safe. " Hyoyeon smiled at him. 

" You too. " He couldnt help but smile. He quickly turned around to hide his red face. Before he left the room, he waved at Hyoyeon one more time before leaving. 

" Be safe? Ain't that cute. " Sooyoung nudged her, causing Hyoyeon to blush. 

" Im his bodyguard, of course I want him to be safe. " Hyoyeon defended herself. 

" You guys should date. " She said, surprising Hyoyeon. " Seriousy! Your whole face just brightens up when you're with him or even when someone mentions his name." 

" No, I dont. " 

" Yeah, you do. Everyone can see it. " 

" Well, not me. " 

" That's because you're blinded with loooooooove. " 

" Sooyoung, do you ever shut up?" 

" Nope. " 

" You. Are. Annoying. " 

Sooyoung laughed as she took Hyoyeons ear protection." Im just speaking the obvious. " She said before putting on the ear protection and took out her gun. 

Hyoyeon would say something, but Sooyoung was too busy shooting. She couldnt help but let out a small smile, it wouldve been bigger, but she didnt want Sooyoung seeing her smile like a fool. 

 

 

 

 

 

Fast update!!! As you can see, this chapter basically focussed on how both Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk are starting to notice their feelings :))) Please dont be shy to comment!!!