Chapter Ten

Risking It All

" USE THE DEFIBRILLATOR. " Yuri yelled, but Taeyeon was already on it. She then looked at Kyuhyun who was focussed on the device that was on the table. " Oppa, did it work?" Yuri asked. 

Kyuhyun didnt reply and kept his eyes on the device. Taeyeon wanted to cry but she focussed on her task, which was to get Hyoyeon back. All 3 prayed inside their heads and waited. Kyuhyun held his breath and didnt even blink once.

Taeyeon the defibrillator and charged it. She placed it on Hyoyeons chest and pressed the button that caused Hyoyeons body to jump out of jump. Yuri placed her finger on Hyoyeons pulse and frowned when she didnt feel anything. Taeyeon cursed under her breath and placed it on her chest. Hyoyeons unconcious upper body jumped again, but nothing happened. 

" Come on, Hyoyeon, please. " Taeyeon teared up and placed the defibrillator on her chest again. She made it the strongest power before pressing the button.

Before Yuri could check her pulse, the device on the table started beeping. Everyones eyes went to it with their hearts beating like crazy. 

Big red letters popped out and read, DEACTIVATION, CONNECTION LOST.

With that, everyone let out their breath, but no one smiled. Eveyrthing still wasnt over because they couldnt revive Hyoyeon.

" Try it again - it has to work. " Kyuhyun said with sad eyes. 

Yuri and Taeyeon didnt hesitate to and charged the defibillator. Taeyeon placed it on her chest and prayed as she pressed the button. Hyoyeons body jumped once again, but she didnt wake up. Everyone frowned and looked at Yuri who was checking her pulse. 

 

" Im not surprised. " Jinwoon said when he heard the news about his men. 

" Wow, is this Hyoyeon that good.. " Jo Kwon mummbled. 

" She's SME's top agent and Lee SooMan's expectation are high. " Jin-young hissed. 

Sohee sighed, " At least we know that Hyukjae kid is with Hyoyeon. I managed to get a message from one of our men saying something about that. " 

Jinwoon chuckled, " I told you, boss. Hyoyeons the strongest agent out there and Eunhyuk is weak, but important. She's the only one SooMan would trust." 

Jin-young sighed out of frustation and banged the table.

" Arent there more people we can gather to open hack into that bomb?" Jo Kwon asked. 

" They tried everything - its impossible. " Sohee answered. 

" Dongwook was smart enough to trick us, " Jin-young spoke, " but I'll make him regret it - even in his after life. " He clenched his fist. 

Just then, a woman came in the room and walked up to Jin-Young, " Boss, we lost the connection. SME managed to turn it off. " She said. 

Jin-young clenched his jaw and didnt say a word. 

" What the hell do we do now?" Jo Kwon complained. 

" I say we just ambush that damn SME place. " Sohee suggested. 

" No, thats a stupid idea. That'll turn into a massacre. " Jinwoon said. 

" We wait, " Jin-young answered, " We wait and follow the plan. " He smirked at himself. 

Everyone nodded at him as a response. 

 

" H-has Hyoyeon called yet?" Eunhyuk broke the silence between them. 

Sungmin shook his head and leaned against the door. " She's doing a lot right now. " 

Eunhyuk frowned and knew he was just lying. " Can you please just tell me what happened - I know Hyoyeon, she would've called even if she was busy. " 

" After the attack, she just wants to be safe, okay? She's just making sure everythings not gonna go wrong. " Sungmin said. 

" Just let me call her at least. " Eunhyuk said and was about to his grab his phone, but Sungmin took it away from him. 

Sungmin the phone in his pocket, " Sorry, we cant let you." 

He frowned, but looked at him suspiciously . " Why is that?" 

" Because its too dangerous - JYP can track your calls or even the numbers that any SME agents are recieving. " Sungmin managed to find a good excuse. 

Eunhyuk sighed and knew nothing would work on them. He laid back down on bed and frowned, " Then can you at least tell me when Im getting out of the hospital?" He asked. 

" The doctor said by tomorrow. " Sungmin answered and sat down on the chair next to the bed. 

Eunhyuk opened his mouth, but hesitated to talk. He was afraid of the answer he'll get. He relaxed his body first and took a deep breath, " Is Hyoyeon still my bodyguard?" He finally asked. 

Sungmin didnt say anything and avoided eye contact with him. Just then, the door opened to reveal Donghae and was followed by another person. Eunhyuk was hoping it was Hyoyeon, but when he saw dark brown hair, he frowned. 

" Seohyuns here. " Donghae said and closed the door. 

The name sounded familiar to Eunhyuk and stared at her. " Seohyun?" He repeated Donghae. 

Seohyun nodded, " Hyukjae-sshi, right?" She asked and recieved a nod from Eunhyuk. " Im your new bodyguard. " 

Eunhyuk had a feeling that was going to happen and started having doubt about Hyoyeon being fine. " Wheres Hyoyeon? Why cant she still be my bodyguard?" 

" Hyoyeon unnie cant do it. Lee Sooman-sshi asked me to take her place. " Seohyun said. 

" She's dead, isnt she?" Eunhyuk asked and didnt hide his sad and desperate eyes. 

The 3 agents frowned at his behaviour and finally understood why Hyoyeon was so willing to risk her life just to turn off the tracker. Donghae, Sungmin and Seohyun looked at each other and felt sympathetic. 

 

" Where is she?" Sooyoung said as soon she saw Taeyeon sitting at her desk. 

" Who?" Taeyeon tilted her head. 

" Hyoyeon. " Sooyoung said with her desperate eyes. 

" Oh. " She replied and paused before she continued, " She's in medical department. I think she's in room #8 " 

Right when she finished her answer, Sooyoung quickly ran off to the elevator. She constantly pressed the 2nd level button and tried to hold her tears, but knowing that her bestfriend - more like a sister, just died. Right when the evelator opened to the second level, she ran out and began running to the room. She entered without knocking and didnt hide her tears from Jessica and Yuri, who are in the room. 

Sooyoung's wet eyes laid on the body that was covered by a blanket on the bed. She slowly began walking towards Hyoyeon with her shaking legs. 

" I cant believe this.. " Sooyoung mummbled. 

" We tried to get her back, but it was impossible. " Yuri cried. 

" She doesnt deserve to die like this, Im gonna kill that bastard. " Jessica cursed under her breath.

Sooyoung sniffed and went on her knees beside Hyoyeons bed. She took Hyoyeons cold hands and cried. Jessica and Yuri looked at each other, but not with a sad look, but with a ' i-cant-hold-my-laughter' look. Both of them burst out laughing, which caught Sooyoung's attention. 

Sooyoung was about to look at the girls, but as soon as she looked up, Hyoyeon popped out by taking off her blanket. Sooyoung got scared and fell on her . 

Hyoyeon, Yuri and Jessica laughed at Sooyoung, who was sitting on the ground. 

" YOU GUYS ARE DOUCHEBAGS. " Sooyoung yelled at everyone and pouted. 

" That was so funny. " Yuri said between her laughs. 

The tall girl got up and took the nearest object, which was a jacket and threw it at Yuri and Jessica's direction. " WHY WOULD YOU GUYS DO THAT?" She yelled at all three of them. 

" Dont blame us, it was Hyo's plan. " Jessica said as they all kept laughing. 

Sooyoung turned to the blonde girl on the bed who was laughing. " Im sorry, okay? But everyone was so sad, I needed to cheer you guys up. " Hyoyeon said as she laughed.

" BY PRETENDING TO DIE?" Sooyoung kept yelling. 

Everyone agreed with what she said and couldnt stop laughing. Just then, Taeyeon came in with a bag of food. " What's going on here? I can hear you yelling from outside. " Taeyeon said as she placed the bag on the table. 

" DID YOU KNOW? HYOYEONS NOT DEAD. " Sooyoung completely forgot that she was yelling.

" Dude, stop yelling. Im right here. " Taeyeon chuckled. " And what are you talking about? " 

Sooyoung took a deep breath and glared at Jessica, Yuri and Hyoyeon who were giving her smiles. " Yuri texted me saying Hyoyeon died during the whole electricution thing and when I came down here WITH TEARS, HYOYEON WAS NOT DEAD. " She yelled half way. 

" Oh.. so thats why you were acting so weird. " Taeyeon mummbled. " Hey, but to make it better, Hyoyeon did die - so technically they didnt lie to you. " 

Sooyoung was surprised and looked at Hyoyeon with wide eyes, " You did?" 

Hyoyeon nodded, " Yeah, but Taeyeon, Yuri and Kyu oppa managed to get me back. I owe them my life - literally. " 

" By the way, does Eunhyuk know about this?" Yuri's question got Hyoyeons attention. 

" I dont know.. I told Donghae and Sungmin oppa, I told them not to tell him. " Hyoyeon answered. 

" Knowing those 2, they probably did tell him. " Jessica mummbled. 

Hyoyeon sighed, " Whatever - its done, Im okay. Plus, Seohyun will be his bodyguard, I wont be seeing him for a while. " 

Everyone was surprised at what she said and looked at her, " Temporarily? Or what?" Everyone asked. 

" Seohyun will be his bodyguard for good - I already talked to SooMan. " Hyoyeon admitted. She wasnt surprised with the confused stares and sighed, " You guys know my reasons, dont act shocked. " 

To think about it, everyone did know her reason. They all understood her and didnt want to ask her questions about it. 

 

Eunhyuk sat there and did not move an inch. He just stared at the wall while everyone told him the news. " She hates me doesnt she me?" He mummbled. 

" Come on, man! Of course she doesnt. " Donghae softly patted his back. " She just has her own things to do for now. " 

" Unnie told me to take care of you - she cares a lot, dont say that she hates you. " Seohyun smiled at him. 

" You guys said it youself; she gave away this mission and she wont even come here to see if Im okay. " Eunhyuk frowned. 

" Come on, Eunhyuk. What makes you think she hates you?" Donghae asked. 

Eunhyuk hesitated to tell them, but he didnt really care because he wanted them to know how much he loves Hyoyeon. " B-before the attack, me and her, we sorta kissed. " With his words, everyone gasped. " At first I thought she felt the same way about me, but I guess not. " He frowned. 

Everyone's frowned and felt sorry for Eunhyuk. " Wait - so this happened right before the attack?" Sungmin asked. 

" Well - not right before, I s-said.. U-uh I love you and you know, I guessed it freaked her out and she left. Then thats when the attack happened. " Eunhyuk explained. " Man, I didnt realize how fast I was going with her. " 

Everyone couldnt stop feeling sorry for him and just stared at him. Just then, Sungmin's phone rang. He quickly stepped out the room and left Donghae and Seohyun and the depressed Eunhyuk. 

" Unnie doesnt hate you, okay? She's not that type of person who hates, you know? She's just really stressed, right now. " Seohyun tried to make him feel better. 

" Probably.. " Eunhyuk mummbled, but inside he didnt believe her. 

" He really wants to talk to you. " Sungman said on the phone. 

" No - dont give him the phone. I just wanted to know if he's alright. " Hyoyeons voice said on the phone. 

" He's alright, but he seems really devastated. " 

He'll move on, dont worry. Just promise me to keep him safe. " 

" I promise, he'll be fine. " 

 

2 weeks passed with Seohyun as Eunhyuk's bodyguard. Since Lee SooMan is taking caution, he wanted to keep Eunhyuk under his arm. The safehouse was out of the city, but it was near SME. Each day, Eunhyuk got more depressed and just stayed in his room. Seohyun tried hard to cheer him up, but nothing made him smile. She didnt want to ask Hyoyeon for help because she knew exactly why Hyoyeon is avoiding him.

As for Hyoyeon, she admitted to herself that she misses Eunhyuk, but she cant do anything about it. She had to focus on something else and tried to keep Eunhyuk off her mind. She focussed on trying to find JYP agents and hoped that they could get information from them. Everyone noticed how Hyoyeon changed. She isnt the bubbly and cheerful person she usually was. Hyoyeon tries to hide her feelings, but everyone knows her too well; when she smiles everyone knows its fake. Everyone knew the reason why she became like that, but they couldnt do anything about it because Hyoyeon is stubborn as usual. 

Eunhyuk is now Seohyun's responsibility and Hyoyeon is no longer the same. Everyone eventually accepted it.