Chapter Four

Risking It All

" This is the house?" Eunhyuk said as Hyoyeon drove towards a house. 

Hyoyeon turned the car off, "  Yup, like I said its a little out of town. " She said as they got off and looked around their surroundings. They were basically in the middle of a forest and half an hour away from the city. 

" But this is the house?" He repeated himself. " It looks like a big box. Literally. " 

" That's exactly what I said but wait until you get inside. " She smiled as she started walking towards the house. 

Eunhyuk was right though, it did look like a box. The house was shaped like box and there was 3 horizontal windows on the top and a small window near the black door. There wasnt much to describe since it was just a plain and simple house.

Eunhyuk watched Hyoyeon place her right hand on the spot next to the door and under the window. With that action, a small keypad popped out next to her hand. She pressed a 5 digit password and took out a key afterwards. She unlocked the door and looked at Eunhyuk.

" Without all the security stuff, it wouldnt a safety house right?" She joked to lighten up the mood. Eunhyuk just looked at her with no expression. She frowned and opened the door. " Well - welcome to your home. " She said and the lights. " Go inside while I get the bags. " 

The first thing Eunhyuk saw was the small dining area and next to it was a bench with red cushions on it and a few pillows. He walked inside and got a better view of the whole house. To his left there was a ladder that lead to a small bed upstairs and under that was the washroom. To his right he saw a couple of stairs that lead to another bed. Under that bed was the small kitchen.

Eunhyuk was obviously surprised and amazed. He didnt expect the inside to be so nice and modern. 

" So anyways, " Hyoyeon said as she placed their bags near the door, " Your bed is the one on the right since you probably want some privacy. " She said. 

" Privacy? The whole house is like open. " Eunhyuk complained. 

She walked up the stairs and looked at Eunhyuk to tell him to follow her. " You're going to have to bend down a lot. " She said once they reached the top of the bed and revealled how small the gap was from the bed to the roof. " See, privacy? I cant see what youre doing. " She said and pointed to the small drawer in front of the bed. The drawer was like a small wall. 

" And my bed is the one across. " She said as she pointed to the bed on the other side of the house. Eunhyuk nodded and followed Hyoyeon to the kitchen. She then turned and pointed to the spot under the stairs. " And this is where we'll keep our extra stuff. Like some extra clothes, jackets, shoes, you know?" 

He nodded again and admired how clever the architech was for using the idea of ' under-the-stairs-closet.'

LOL I got this picture from Pinterest :) 

" So any questions?" Hyoyeon asked after the house tour. 

Eunhyuk shook his head, " Can I sleep now?" 

Hyoyeon nodded, " Sure, I'll just cook something up and have dinner okay?" 

He nodded with no facial expression and quickly walked up to his bed. 

She sighed as he disappeared upstairs, " Well- this is gonna be fun. " She mummbled. " Man, this guy needs to cheer up. " She said as she looked in the cabinet for some things to eat.

 

 

Eunhyuk woke up from his 3 hour nap and looked out the window. He sighed when he realized it was only the afteroon- 7:40 exactly. He lied on his bed and just stared at the ceiling. The only thing he was thinking about was his father. 

Why did you leave me? He thought. What am I supposed to do now? Im stuck here by myself. I hate it- I hate being alone. I dont even know who to trust anymore. The one who saved you almost killed me? I mean what the hell is that? Man, I hate my life. I wish I died with you. I hate this- I hate my life.. But I know you want me to live my life, but how am I supposed to? No one here loves me, they just care about that stupid bomb.. I ca- 

His thoughts were interruppted when he heard the door open. He sat up and crawled across the bed to see who it is. He saw Hyoyeon walk in with some plastic bags while whistling a song. 

Having strong senses, she turned around and wasnt surprised to see Eunhyuks head popping out. " Hey, glad to see you awake. " She gave him a kind smile. " I got some food, some in n out burgers. " 

Eunhyuk started walking down, " You went out?" 

Hyoyeon nodded as she placed the food on the table. " Come on, lets eat. " 

" Wait- so let me get this straight, " He said as he stepped in front of Hyoyeon, " You left me alone in the house while I was sleeping? " 

Hyoyeon nodded, " Yeah, so?" 

" Arent you my bodyguard? " He glared at him. 

She chuckled, " Look, buddy, we both know you hate the idea of being watched everyday and being stuck together. " She said as she pushed Eunhyuk to sit on the chair. She sat beside him and spoke, " And plus, while you were sleeping I set up all the security cameras and sensors. " 

" Where?  and sensors?" He asked. 

" I have cameras all over the house, but of course not in the washroom and in your area-bed thing. Oh, and also- I set up some cameras outside. And the sensors? I set a lot of sensors outside- maybe 100 yards surrounding the house, so we know if someone is around the area, you know?" She explained as she took a bite from her burger.

" 100 yards..? And a lot of sensors? " Eunhyuk repeated her, " You did all that in 3 hours?" 

" Nope, I got some help while you were in the hospital. " She answered.

Eunhyuk was satisfied with all the security stuff around the house, but he was still mad about her leaving him. " Still, you're my bodyguard, you cant just leave like that. " 

She couldnt help but chuckle. " Since when did you care where I was? You're the giving me cold stares. " She defended herself, " And plus, I went out to get you food. You should be happy. " 

" And why should I be happy? " He looked at her. 

" Because if I didnt take this mission, you would be stuck with Seohyun. " She chuckled. " She's like my little sister, she started maybe- 2 years after me. " 

" Well- thats nice of you to say. " Eunhyuk mummbled and took out a bite from his. 

" No, seriously. " Hyoyeon laughed at something she thought of, " There's something about her- she can be weird at times. Honestly, if you're stuck with her, right now she'll be like, ' you cant eat that, that's a burger, that bad for you, blah, blah, blah. ' " She said in her Seohyun voice, " And this one time, we stayed up late to do some research and she was like, ' man, I need to sleep, 10 pm to 2 am is when the skin cells grow.' " She mocked Seohyun again, " And when she said that I was like, what? This girls weird. " 

Eunhyuk couldnt help but smile at her story. " She really said that? " 

Hyoyeon nodded as she laughed, " Yup, but she's like my sister so I love her, no matter how weird she is. "  Her last comment made Eunhyuk chuckle a little, which got her attention. " Hey! You smiled- I made you smile! " She exclaimed, which caused him to put his smile away. " You should start smiling more, its better than that frown you have on every minute. " She commented. 

Eunhyuk didnt say anything and just ate his burger as Hyoyeon just laughed. 

 

 

The first few nights at the safehouse felt sad for Eunhyuk because all he thought about was his father. Nothing took his father out of his mind even when Hyoyeon tried hard to cheer him up. Being an agent, she was used to people seeing them like this, but somehow, it made her feel bad everytime she sees Eunhyuk like that. He minds his own business and doesnt say a lot, it's usually Hyoyeon talking, but Eunhyuk barely replies. 

Both Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon did the same routine for almost a month; wakes up, eats breaksfast quietly (together), does their own thing, eats lunch, does their own thing, eats dinner, does their own thing, then finally goes to sleep. Being the person who tries to make people smile, Hyoyeon never gave up on Eunhyuk and dug a little deeper about his life. 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry if this chapter was boring!! I dont want to rush the HYOHYUK thing so .. yeah. Anyways, please COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!