Swimming

Take My Hand And Run Away With Me Forever

Kai's Point Of View

 

"I don't know..." I said looking over to them then back down at the water.

"I promise you'll have fun and I don't break my promises. If you jump in I'll pull you up, if you drown - which you won't - I will save you." Chanyeol reassured me.

"Um..." 

"Can you pull me up?" Chanyeol asked.

"Sure." I said as I stuck out my hand "Ahhhhhhhh" I screamed as I was pulled into the pool by Chanyeol. My body came in contact with the cold water. Chanyeol's grip on my hand never loosened. I was under water holding my breath for a few seconds, everything was really blurry. I was pulled up to the top of the surface by Chanyeol. I gasped for air as soon as I was above the water. 

"See? it's not bad." Chanyeol said, facing me.

"Chanyeol you didn't have to pull him in." Kyungsoo said. I grabbed onto Chanyeol's arm pulling my body closer to his. I wrapped my legs around his waist and I wrapped my arms around his stomach, and clung to him for dear life, terrified to let go. It wasn't that I didn't know how to swim. I knew what I had to do but I just couldn't swim.

"Ok, why are you clinging to me like this?" Chanyeol asked.

"I can't swim." I mumbled.

"Then why did you get in?" Chanyeol asked .

"I didn't. You pulled me in!" I yelled into his ear.

"You look like a giant baby, Kai!" Baekhyun said, pointing at me with a small laugh.

"It's not his fault he's scared, he can't swim, Baek" Kyungsoo said.

"We can teach you how to swim." Chanyeol suggested to Kai.

"Ok, but can we go to the shallow end so I can just stand up if I start to drown?"

"Yeah." Chanyeol said and started to swim over to the shallow end and when it was shallow enough where he could walk he put me down. 

"You can walk from here." Chanyeol said, swimming over to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. I walked over to them.

"Ok, Kai just copy off of us and move your arms in small circles like this." Baekhyun said.

"Like this?" I asked to make sure I was doing it right.

"Yeah, now don't do it to hard or fast or it will get tiring really quickly and you will drown if you're in the deep ends." Kyungsoo informed me.

"It seems you got the hang of that so now kick your feet in small circles under you and make sure your feet aren't touching the bottom."

I kicked my feet in small circles trying to copy the movements they were showing me. 

"Like this?" I asked 

"Exactly." Chanyeol answered me before ducking his head under water to examine what I was doing.

"That's called treading." Kyungsoo said.

"Now to teaching you how to swim. Ok, I'm gonna teach you the simplest way I know of. It's the mermaid or dolphin kick." Chanyeol said.

"Hey D.O you wanna go cook some food while I teach him how to swim?" Chanyeol asked.

"Sure, come on, Baek." Kyungsoo said, walking over to the edge.

"What you're taking my Baek?" Chanyeol whined.

"I promise I'll be back soon, Channie. If you need me I'll be in the kitchen."Baekhyun said, walking over to the edge.

"Fine." Chanyeol said, looking back at me.

"So mermaid or dolphin kick whatever you want to call it." Chanyeol said, going under water to show me. He ended up a little further away from me.

"Now do exactly that kick with your legs." Chanyeol said.

"Can I push off from the wall?"

"Sure."

I put my feet against the wall and pushed off I kicked my feet the way Chanyeol had and I ended up a little bit in front of Chanyeol.

"Yeah, you swam!"

"I can swim!" I scream.

"Now swim to the edge and get out." Chanyeol said.

"Why?"

"Because I'm hungry."

"Kyungsoo was right, you are all about food."

I followed Chanyeol to the kitchen to watch him back-hug Baekhyun, scaring him just a little.

"Whatcha making?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

"Salad." Baekhyun replied.

"Why does it seem like you've only been making healthy food lately?"

"It's because I don't want to end up like a blueberry minus the blue... That's what my dad called me." Kyungsoo said.

"Just because you're fat doesn't mean we are and we have to eat so healthy, too." Chanyeol stated, sticking his tongue out at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo pointed a knife at Chanyeol who turned to Baekhyun, hiding behind him. I laughed a little at this.

"What did I do to get a knife pointed at me?" Baekhyun asked a little scared with the knife pointed at him by Kyungsoo.

"Nothing at all I'm just gonna kill your boyfriend for calling me fat." Kyungsoo said calmy.

"You would'nt kill your best friends soul mate, would you?" Chanyeol asked.

"No, but I would kill you." Kyungsoo said "You know, Chanyeol, why don't you just get all the junk food you can find and we can just eat that instead of salad." Kyungsoo suggested.

"Now that's alot better!" Chanyeol said looking around the kitchen in all the cabinets for some food before going to the pantry and coming back with more than enough food for a lot of pepole. I walked over to Chanyeol and grabbed a bunch of the snacks from him and helped him put them on the counter.

"Thanks." he said.

"So where are they D.O?"

"Where's what?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Your snacks that your dad buys for you, specifically for you." 

"My dad doesn't buy me any snack specifically for me."

"Yes he does, you were talking the other day about these snacks your dad buys for you and they were really sweet little something."

"Little Debbie." Baekhyun said.

"Do you know where they are?" Chanyeol said, turning to Baekhyun

"Um, no. Maybe? I don't know." 

"Can you please tell me where they are?" Chanyeol said giving Baekhyun puppy dog eyes.

"Up stairs in his room in his closet." Baekhyun said.

"Thanks." Chanyeol said, giving Baekhyun a quick kiss on the cheek then running to the stairs.


thanks you for reading this far Kai learned how to swim yay