Chapter 6

It Started With a Touch

After that morning I haven’t seen much of Jin, Yoongi or the other Bangtan members. They are busy preparing for their comeback and I find myself at work longer each day. I find myself in meeting after meeting about the upcoming music video. I will be editing the final video and I need to attend the meetings so I understand the concept of the video and the storyline so I can edit it the way the art director is wanting. It had been recommended that all of the video team watch the filming so today we are heading to the set to watch the boys.

The boys are in black suits with a white shirt and black tie. There is a love interest and the actress should arrive after lunch. Jin has a scene with her where they fake a kiss which he is worried about. He came over last night for a short while to vent his nervousness. Jin has always been very pure and has never liked the idea of kissing anybody he wasn’t in a relationship in. I tried to remind him they wouldn’t actually be kissing but he was still worried about the proximity.

I’m happy I get to see them work. It’s great to see the hardworking side of them all. They do the dancing parts first so that they don’t have to do it at the end when they are tired. I can’t help but giggle. Jin has never been a strong dancer but I have to admit, he’s improved. Jin must have heard me because he looks over me and gives me a hard look. I smile unapologetically. Watching the others, they really are all great dancers. Even with Jin they are synchronised and powerful and I can’t help the pride swelling up inside of me.

I find myself watching Yoongi quite a lot. I know he is incredibly lazy but his dancing is… amazing. Not as good as Hoseok but there is a certain charm to it. Despite his laziness it looks like he enjoys the dancing aspect.

The boys finish fimling the dance scenes and have a lunch break. I have a quick chat with the others involved in making the video about the direction it is going in. I try to make the talk short so that I can go see Jin. I know he must be nervous about the kiss scene.

“Hey. How are you feeling?” Jin is sitting apart from the others. I can tell he is nervous because he is playing with his fingers.

“I’m ok.  How was our dancing?”

“Great. You’ve definitely improved oppa.”

“...You never call me oppa. Are you lying?” He looks hurt.

“No I mean it! You look great!” I smile at him. “…I know you like being called oppa so I thought it might help with you being nervous.”

“Thanks. I’m ok. It’s just that I’ve never done this before. I don’t want to mess up.”

“You won’t, you’re great at acting. Oppa jjang!” My attempt at aegyo makes Jin laugh and he relaxes. He checks his watch.

“The actress should be here soon…”

In the distance I can see some of the executives talking, and not in a calm manner. After a few minutes one of them makes an announcement.

“I’m sort to say, it seems the actress we had hired for the shoot has fallen ill. We’re trying to find one straight away as to not set us back.” He looks at the Bangtan Boys in apology. He then looks at me and starts talking to the other executives. They all look my way. I don’t feel good about this… “Miss, can you come here please?” I walk over. “We are aware you are not a trained actress but we are asking if you can help us out and stand in. It is nothing complicated so we believe you can do it.”

“But sir…”

“Please? We will be wasting time and money if we can’t finish this today.”

A chance to be in a music video… Plus Jin will feel more comfortable if it was me he was acting with, I think…

“Ok, I’ll do it.”

“Great!” He shouts loudly across the room. “Let’s get her into make-up!”

I see Jin’s head snap up and his gaze immediately finds mine. He mouths “What are you doing?”. I smile back and mouth “Helping”. I look at the other guys. I will be acting with them a little bit, but Jin is the only one with a kiss scene. They all give me a smile apart from Yoongi, who looks between me and Jin…sadly, it seems.