Chapter 4

It Started With a Touch

The next couple of days went by with me saying hi to the members when I saw them (which wasn’t often). Jin often tried to see me when he was free.  It was great being able to talk to him regularly. He also visited me at my place which was great. We haven’t hung out like that in forever. He always had to come late at night though do avoid being seen which meant we had less time to hang out. But it was still lovely. He’s been extra excited recently because BTS are working towards a comeback.

Tonight he is at mine again. We are both free tomorrow so we are staying up extra late. We are watching a film and are under blankets with plenty of snacks. Jin made us dinner, he really enjoys cooking, and as always his cooking was magnificent!

*ring ring ring*

“Is that yours Jin?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. Where did I put it?”

He follows the sound and finds his phone under a pillow on the sofa. The caller ID is Jungkook.

“Ya, Jungkook?”

“Sorry hyung, I didn’t who else to call.”

Jin sits up, fully concentrating on the phone call.

“What’s happened? Are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine, but Yoongi is really drunk. I need to get him back to the dorm but all the other hyungs aren’t picking up their phone.”

“…You called me last?”

“….”

“YA!”

“Sorry, sorry, I know you’re the oldest but…you’re not the strongest…”

“…Okay, okay. Where are you?”

“We’re at the Red Viper bar.”

“Ok, I’m pretty close. I’ll be there shortly.”

“Thanks, hyung. See you.”

Jin hangs up and I look at him questioningly. “What’s happened?”

“Yoongi is a bit drunk. Jungkook wants to help him get back to the dorms. He’s at the Red Viper.”

“Ah,  they’re not far from here.

“Yeah. Can I ask a favour?”

I instantly know what he wants. “You want him to stay here, don’t you? As long as you clean up if he pukes.”

“Deal. Erm, and I’ll stay here too, if you don’t mind, so I can walk with him in the morning. It’ll look less suspicious if anyone sees.”

“I didn’t even think of that! Yeah of course you can. Do you always have to think like that because you’re the oldest?”

“I guess it’s technically Namjoon’s role as the leader but I’m happy to help when I can.”

“As kind as ever, Jin.” I smile. “Let’s get going then.”

I grab my keys and we both head off to the Red Viper, my local bar.

It’s a small place so it’s easy to spot Yoongi asleep with his head on a table while Jungkook is looking worried.

“Hyung!”

“Hi Jungkook. We’re gonna take him to Ellen’s place. She lives close by.”

“Ok. I’ll take on arm, you take the other.”

They pick him up and carry him to mine. I unlock the door and instruct them to put him on the sofa. I cover him with the blankets me and Jin had been using earlier.

“Thanks for letting him stay here unnie. “

“It’s ok Jungkook-ah. Walk safely to the dorm, ok?”

“Hyung, you’re not walking with me?”

“I’ll stay here and walk with Yoongi in the morning. It’ll look less suspicious if anybody sees us.”

“Good idea hyung. Thank you for the help. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Bye Jungkook.”

We close the front door and we both turn to look at Yoongi. Jin sighs.

“Since we can’t finish the film, I’ll get ready for bed. Do you have a spare toothbrush?”

“Yeah, look under the sink. I’m sure I have a couple of spares.”

“Ok, I’ll use the bathroom first.”

Jin heads off. I look at Yoongi. He’s already managed to throw the blanket off of him. I go to put them back on. Being up close to him I can see he has a bit of sweat on his forehead. He’ll feel fresher in the morning if he has a clean face. I get the face wipes I keep in my room and go to wipe his face. He has lovely skin… My eyes travel over his face. His eyes are lovely. His eyelashes are so thick too. His lips…

“Ellen, I’m done!”

I startle and move away from Yoongi. “Ok, thanks Jin!”

What was I doing..?

I brush my teeth and finish getting ready for bed when I realise - “Wait, Jin! Where are you sleeping?”

“With you, obviously…”

“We haven’t slept in the same bed for years now. Will we fit?”

“Only one way to find out” he says while laughing. I roll my eyes and get in the bed on the side by the wall. Jin gets in the side closest to the door. “Do you have enough room? I think we fit ok.”

“Yeah I’m fine. It feels a bit weird though. We used to sleep in the same bed all the time but I can’t even remember when the last time was.”

“We started sleeping together less in middle school. In high school we never did.”

“Hmm, yeah… Jin?”

“Yes?”

“I’m really happy to be spending more time with you.”

“Me too. It was a bit lonely without you, even though I was surrounded by my bandmates.”

“Why do you think that is?”

“No one will ever match what you mean to me.”

“Ya, pabo. Why so soppy?”

“I mean it. You are like me sister, you are my best friend.”

I grab his hand. “I feel the same about you, you know I do.”

He smiles. “I guess we should try to get to sleep.”

“Mmhm. Good night, Jin.”

“Good night, Ellen.”