Chapter 2

It Started With a Touch

I’m in my small office working when I hear a knock on my door. Turning around I see that it’s Jin.

“Oppa! You came!”

“Of course I did. I haven’t seen you for ages! How have you been? How did you get the job here? Why didn’t you tell me you got the job? How many of our music videos have you edited?  Why-?”

“OPPA! Enough questions. First take a seat and then I’ll explain it all to you.”

He does as he’s told, with a sheepish smile on his face,

“Ok, firstly, I’ve been great. I really enjoy this job and nothing has happened to make me unhappy. Life has been good. Secondly, I got this job because of the video edits I did as a hobby. Big Hit saw them and said they would be happy to give me the job and when I realised this could be my career, I was over the moon. I didn’t tell you because I wanted to surprise you in the building. I knew you had been busy and I thought it’d be a nice surprise…but then weeks and weeks passed without me seeing you and the chance to tell you also passed. I knew I would have to tell you eventually though. I just never got the chance.”

Jin nodded, understanding. Hoping he had forgotten the last question, I stopped talking. But Jin doesn’t miss anything and raises his eyebrows at me and says “Continue”.

Now it was my time to look sheepish. “I’ve edited every single one of your music videos.”

Jin was silently shaking his head and was obviously very shocked. I go to wrap my arms around his neck and he instinctively wraps his arms around my waist.

“You’ve grown so much oppa. I can see how much hard work you’ve put in. I’m so glad to see your dream coming true. I’m so happy to see you grow up, even if it’s only on screen. Although not seeing you in person has made me realise how much I love you.” I give him a big smile and he returns it with an even bigger one. I push back to see his smiling face properly but startle when I see someone is standing at the door.

“I-I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt…”

“It’s alright Yoongi” Jin replies. “We were just catching up.”

Suga still seemed uncomfortable, and I guessed what he must have heard.

“Ah, when I said I loved Jin, I meant as a sister, you didn’t interrupt anything important, I swear.” I smiled kindly at Suga.

Jin adds, while laughing and an arm still around my waist “Yah, don’t think of anything weird. I’ve grown up with her. I’ve seen enough of her flaws to not want to date her.”

“MY flaws, you-!”

Jin quietens me with a hand on my mouth and laughs, and Suga joins in. I force Jin’s hand off but I smile at him, rather than getting angry. Suga has visibly relaxed and says “Sorry, it’s just that the guys wanted you to introduce us all.”

Turning to Suga I say “I’d loved to be introduced. I have edited all your music videos after all! I feel like I should know you all.”

Suga smiles and turns to walk off and Jin and I follow.