Chapter 5

It Started With a Touch

I wake to see me and Jin had slept facing each other. We had also managed to keep holding hands throughout the night. Jin was sleeping peacefully. His sleeping face was very calm. It was nice to see him like this. I instinctively his hair. He isn’t going to be calm when they have their comeback. He’ll be so busy all the time…

The door to my bedroom opens and Yoongi’s head appears. He sees me, in bed with Jin, his hair. He obviously startles and says “sorry” and closes the door. Again, he walks in at an awkward time… I sigh and get out of bed. I enter the kitchen and see Yoongi sitting with a glass of water.

“Sorry I walked in like that. I didn’t know where I was and wanted to find somebody to ask. I didn’t mean to interrupt you two.”

“You didn’t interrupt anything don’t worry. Jin wanted to walk with you back to the dorms this morning but he had nowhere to sleep. When we were younger we often used to sleep in the same bed… Shall I make you a cup of tea?  Do you want something to eat?”

“I’m ok with my water, thank you. Can I have some toast please? I feel like I need some dry food in me.”

“Yeah, sure. Do you want any medicine? You seemed pretty out of it. You were passed out in the bar.”

“Was I?”

“Yeah. Jungkook phoned Jin and we went to pick you up. You were head down on the table and didn’t wake up even when they carried you here, to mine.”

“You were with Jin last night? I’m sorry, it seems like I keep on interrupting you two...”

“We were only watching a film, don’t worry” I laugh. “Do you want anything on your toast?”

“No, my stomach isn’t feeling great…”

“I’m not surprised!” I laugh again. Yoongi just nods and looks towards my bedroom.

I ask “Do you want me to wake him up? I guess you want to get back to the dorms.”

“No, I’ll wake him, it’s ok!”

I start making myself a cup of tea when I hear Jin shouting.

“YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO JUMP ON ME!”

“I was just trying to wake you, hyung.”

“”You couldn’t have done it any other way?”

“Nope.” I hear the smile in Yoongi’s voice and I laugh.

“Stop laughing Ellen!”

I laugh harder. Jin and Yoongi enter the room. Yoongi is smiling. He picks up the toast I made him and faces Jin. “Shall we go? Walking around will help me feel better.”

“Ok, we’ll head off now. Just let me get my stuff.”

As Jin walks around my apartment to find his things, Yoongi turns to face me. “Thanks for letting me stay. I owe you one.”

“It’s my pleasure Yoongi. I’m glad nothing bad happened to you.”

Jin shouts that he’s ready. Yoongi smiles at me. “Thanks again… Ellen.” I smile shyly. It sounds nice hearing him say my name. “Goodbye… Bye Jin, I’ll see you soon!”

“Yeah! See you soon.”

They both leave. The apartment suddenly feels very empty.