Chapter 3

It Started With a Touch

I follow Suga down to the practice room. From behind me, Jin whispers in my ear “Sorry if they act weird.”

We are just about to enter when I smile and whisper back “From editing your Bangtan Bombs I can guarantee you they will act weird.”

Jin gives a good hearty laugh which makes me smile, and also makes all to boys turn their heads towards us. Having six people staring at me makes me feel a little embarrassed but Jin puts him arm around my neck which makes me feel better.

“Guys, this is Ellen! She’s been my best friend since I can remember but I haven’t had a chance to see her recently because of our schedule. She’s a video editor - she’s been editing our videos!”

I bow and say “Annyonghaseyo. Nice to meet you all. I’m Ellen.”

All the members apart from Jin and Suga introduce themselves.

“Yoongi, why haven’t you introduced yourself?” Jongook asked.

“Er, we already…bumped into each other earlier” replies Suga. He smiles sheepishly at me and I turn faintly pink at the memory of my hand on his.

Jin leads me to sit down, and I end up between him and Suga. The boys are having a few snacks and some drinks.

“Are you guys done practicing for the day?” I ask.

“We’ve still got to do a bit more, we need a break first though” answered J-Hope.

We made polite conversation for a while but I quickly noticed the boys were less animated than usual.

“So, you guys must be tired today, huh?”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well, how do I say this…you’re normally more hyper than this…”

“When it’s time to practice we take it seriously. And to practice hard we need good breaks and rest, it wouldn’t be good to run around after each other.”

I’m nodding my head “You’re all so dedicated…I mean, I knew you all were, but after editing your Bangtan Bombs I had assumed you were always energetic.”

All the boys laughed “You edit our Bangtan Bombs? No wonder you have that image of us!”

The boys brightened up, thinking of the antics they had gotten to up in the past.  In front of me they all turned into their hyper selves. Watching them like this makes me very happy. Jin has such great friends. Just as I was thinking of this, Taehyung sprays a drink on Suga, and everyone pauses, to see what he will do next. He stands still, then jumps for Taehyung. Taehyung runs behind me and Suga carries on running at him. Taehyung goes to move but Suga doesn’t follow him. Instead Suga has slipped on the wet surface and instead falls on top of me. I look up to see a wet t-shirted, wet haired Suga on top of me, breathing heavy from running. Some of the drink, lemonade it seems, falls from his hair on to my lips and I move my tongue to remove it.

Suga’s eyes widen and a blush forms on is cheeks. “Suga?” I ask. He immediately jumps off of me. Keeping his face looking at the floor he says “Yoongi. I told you to call me Yoongi.”

“Sorry, Yoongi. Are you ok? That fall must have hurt.”

“I’m ok, I-I just need to go get a spare set of clothes.”

The Bangtan boys all chime in “No it’s ok, go to the dorms and rest”, “We don’t want you injured. Skip practice this time.”

Suga rubs his knees “If you’re sure, I guess I am a little bit bruised.” He smiles at the members to reassure them that it is nothing serious.

“Yeah, of course” says Jin. “Ellen, you should be getting home as well, it’s getting dark.”

“I live close by oppa, no need to worry.” But all the same I get to my feet and gather my things. Jin joins me and I pout slightly and ask him “When will I get to see you next oppa?”

“Tomorrow, if you want. I’ll be in the building tomorrow. I’ll come find you when I’m free.”

I nod my head, “Yes please!”

Jin nods back then turns to Suga. “Are you walking or driving?”

“It’s dark enough for me to walk without fans swarming me.”

“Good, you can walk Ellen home, her flat is on the way back to the dorm. That alright, Ellen?”

“Yeah, of course. Are you ready to go Yoongi?”

He nods and walks towards me. We leave the practice room and then the building. It really was dark outside.

“The walk really isn’t far, but I guess it’s nicer walking with someone.”

“Yeah, it a bit of a longer walk to the dorms so some company is nice.”

“Is Jin really like your brother?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. We grew up together. He’s a few years older than me and always acted like my older brother in school. We know everything about each other. We’re really close.”

“He’s never mentioned you before. It’s strange considering you’re so close.”

“We’ve been out of contact for a bit. We, mainly Jin, have been busy, so…”

“Hmm, plus Jin is quite private. But I thought he would have mentioned his best friend.”

“He’s private?”

“Yeah, he is. He never seems to mention anything personal, even if he is obviously having a problem.”

“That’s unusual. He’s always been happy to talk to me about anything…”

“Well, maybe you’re really special to him.” Why did he say that sadly..?

“I’m sure you’re all special to him too! I’m so happy he has found good friends in you. I love watching your Bangtan Bombs. It makes me really happy to see how you all interact. I’m sure he’ll open up to you soon. Give it time.” I smile at Suga. I hope that makes him feel better.

Suga stops walking and looks at me for a while. “Where do you live?”

I look around. I hadn’t noticed where we had been walking. I point to a street. “Just a couple of minutes down there. Thanks for walking with me Suga.”

“Yoongi. The dormitory is down that way.” He points. “So we’ll split here.”

“Ah sorry, Yoongi! Ok, I’ll see you around, hopefully.” I smile at him. He returns the smile.

“See you, Ellen.”

I nod and wave good bye. I’m not sure why but I’m feeling very happy tonight.