Chapter 6

Right Way to Move On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae's POV

 

"Yes, dad?"

 

"We're having dinner with the Im Family later. Your fiance will be there. You want to join us?"

 

My eyes sparkled on what dad said.

 

"Of course, dad!"

 

"You seem to like this Im Jaebum, huh, Youngjae."

 

"What?" I said but I heard my voice shaking, "It's not like that, dad. You know, it's business."

 

Dad suddenly laughed, "I know, I know. But you really chose a good boy, Youngjae. And an Im, really."

 

"I'm your son, dad. What do you expect?" I joked and we both laughed.

 

After some minutes, we finished our conversation. I smiled at nowhere and looked to check the time.

 

A lot of time to prepare, perfect.

 

I can't wait to meet Jaebum again.

 

I looked at the mirror and fixed my hair.

 

 

I first met Jaebum when we were at school.

 

I was a loner. Nobody wanted to come near me and I didn't know why but it was fine for me. Until Junior found me and befriended me. Junior showed me what true friendship is. He was always there for me during my ups and downs. He helps me with everything. I can't imagine my life now, without Jinyoung.

 

It was a normal day for me. I was just sitting inside the room, listening to music. Then Junior appeared from nowhere with 2 people with him.

 

He introduced his childhood friend first, Jaebum or JB. JB looked cold at first when he didn't react but when he cracked up a smile and offered his hand, I knew the guy will be important to me.

 

Next he introduced Mark. And what I heard pained me. Mark was JB's boyfriend. I don't know how I felt that time but I do remember faking a smile at him.

 

The three, from what I heard from Junior, was the best of friends and Junior wanted me to join them.

 

But I couldn't think of being with them. Junior was alright. Maybe I can get used to Jaebum but I might hyperventilate everytime we talk which is weird if we're just friends. And I just loathe that Mark, I think I can't be with him for an hour.

 

It started as a simple crush. Just looking at JB talking with Junior.

 

Then I don't when and how but I just found myself falling deeper for those eyes that disappear everytime he smiles and laughs. And oh, his laugh, some people might call him noisy but I just find JB's laughs as music in my ears. And his smile, I would kill myself just to see that smile every single day of my life. And his humor, it always makes me laugh. And I love it how he cares for me so much.

 

Junior started noticing my stares at Jaebum and one afternoon, when I was going out the room, he stopped me and looked at me seriously.

 

"What is with you about JB?" Jinyoung asked me.

 

I didn't know what to say. I thought nobody knew. I thought I was hiding my feelings well.

 

"Youngjae, please don't tell me you're falling for JB."

 

I looked at him in the eye, finding understanding or even just pity.

 

"Oh no, Youngjae. You can't fall for him! He has Mark already. Please, Youngjae stop this."

 

I looked down, defeated.

 

"I don't want to break our friendship, Youngjae. You're important to me. And they're important to me too. I'm sorry if this will hurt you but I love them more than I love you."

 

"I... I know... I'm not letting you choose, Junior. Just give me more time. More time and I promise you, I will forget JB." I say that but that's not what I truly feel. 

 

I will have JB. And I will do anything to get rid of Mark. 

 

I'm sorry, Junior. Just like how you feel, I love Junior more than you and our friendship.

 

"I have trust in you, Youngjae. Please, do it, if not for me then for yourself. You'll just be hurt if you continue this, you know."

 

"Yes, yes. I better go, Junior." I said and ran away.

 

I better think of a plan to remove Mark in the picture without JB and Junior noticing that it's my fault. I thought while going in my other class.

 

 

And I really did think of something. It was so perfect, nobody ever suspected that it's me.

 

 

I asked the three to drink at a nearby cafe during our free time.

 

I set it on 3 in the afternoon because I know Junior and JB is together before that and their teacher dismisses them early so they can reach the cafe first.

 

While me and Mark will be late because our teacher dismisses us late.

 

I was smiling when I met with Mark at the hallway.

 

"You look cheerful today, Youngjae." Mark pointed out, doing a high five with me.

 

"Of course. It's been too long since we last hang out."

 

"Yeah. You seem so busy with school." Mark said and started walking.

 

I went beside him and put my arm on his back, "Well, I gotta be serious in something, right?"

 

Mark laughed and said nothing.

 

We were nearing the street where we need to cross and I was trying to hide my grin.

 

This is it. The moment that I'll finally have my chance.

 

I crossed not caring if the light is red or green and didn't find Mark complaining.

 

When the streetlight turned red, I didn't stop. And this is where it all happened.

 

A car suddenly zoomed off and because I was ahead of Mark, it didn't hit me. It hit Mark. His body was thrown away and I pretended that I was surprised and couldn't move. I just stared at his body just like that until people went near him and started shouting to call for an ambulance and stuff.

 

What surprised me is when JB and Junior came out from nowhere.

 

And it hurt me when JB pushed everyone away just to go to Mark. Just to touch his face. Just to call out his name. Just to breathe air to his lungs. I wanted to be Mark. I want to be who JB cares about the most.

 

Junior approached me and shook me.

 

"What happened?" Junior asked while hugging me.

 

"Car. Fast. Hit. Mark. Mark..." I uttered some words.

 

"It's okay, Youngjae. An ambulance is here now." Junior said.

 

He was right. I saw an ambulance in front of us and some people carried Mark in it. And tears fell again when JB forced himself to get in the ambulance just to be with Mark.

 

It's okay, Youngjae. You'll have JB while Mark is in the hospital. You will be his shoulder to cry on. Then he'll fall for you, because Mark's not beside him anymore. It's you in the end.

 

"Youngjae, let's go to the hospital, okay?"

 

I nodded and pretended to be sad which is not really hard because I am sad because JB is with Mark.

 

The ride going to the hospital was fast and the moment we stepped in, Juniorasked the nurse where Mark Tuan is. When he heard that Mark is still at the Emergency room, he winced and ran.

 

He tried to go in but the nurses stopped him. He hopelessly looked at the not-moving-body on the stretcher and watched the Doctors doing stuff with him.

 

I traveled my eyes around and saw JB sitting down on a chair at a corner. He was staring in front of him but you can tell that he was spacing out.

 

I sat beside him and patted his shoulder.

 

He looked at me with eyes full of tears that are threatening to fall. I smiled at him to cheer him up and he immediately put his head on my shoulder and I felt my shirt get wet.

 

Yes... this is it. This is what I'm talking about.

 

I drew circles on his back just to calm him down.

 

"Mark..." I heard him say and he whimpered while crying.

 

"It's all gonna be okay, JB." I said to him.

 

After a while, he calmed down and removed his head from my shoulder.

 

"Thanks, Youngjae." He said while sniffing.

 

"No problem. What are friends for, right?" I said and laughed.

 

He smiled at me before standing up, probably to go check on Mark.

 

I was kinda hurt when he went to watch the motionless body of Mark but I reminded myself to wait. Patience is all I need to get him. Someday, I'll get him.

 

 

I laughed at how desperate I was a long time ago. In the end, my plan failed. I did get JB but just for a while because when Mark woke up, Jaebum went back to him because Mark needed some special attention. I was broken. But tables have turned and JB is the one who needs me and now, JB is mine forever. No one can ever take him away from me. No one.

 

I shake my head and prepare my clothes for later.

 

 

Mark's POV (confession: I first wrote Mark's Jackson here first for unknown reasons. I didn't choose Markson, Markson chose me)

 

I hate to admit but maybe I was kinda excited because I'm gonna meet Jackson today that's why I woke up early again.

 

What is Jackson exactly doing to me?

 

9:30am. I avoided Jinyoung by not eating breakfast and waiting outside for Jackson. I did tell BamBam that I'm gonna be out whole day by waking him up and him not listening to me because he was still sleepy so he told me to just text him so that he won't forget. And I just did.

 

I checked my watch and saw that it was 09:45am and when I looked ahead, I saw Jackson riding on a motorcycle. He was wearing normal clothes, once again, I'm relieved, and has a helmet on his head.

 

My jaw fell and stared at him stop in front of me.

 

I snapped out when he waved his hand on my face.

 

"Hey. Earth to Mark! You look like you've seen a ghost." He said, his helmet now removed.

 

"How did you get a motorcyle?" I asked him, closing my mouth.

 

"Well, my mom bought it for me on my 16th birthday."

 

"No, I mean, you're underaged! You don't have a license." I said.

 

"I actually do. Student's license. I'm 17 years old, for your informa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter