Chapter 3

Right Way to Move On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark’s POV


I stopped near the gate and I quickly spotted Jackson standing in front a building. He was wearing a snapback, yet, a different one again but he wore no piercings now and he was wearing a normal person would do, a t-shirt and black jeans.


When he saw me, he smiled and ran. He’s wearing a backpack and inside it is a skateboard.


“Hi.” He said and scratched his head.


I picked up my skateboard and put it in my backpack.


“Let’s walk. Our house is just near here.” I said to him and he just nodded. I think embarrassment just hit him now.


Thanks for very beautiful timing, the guys still haven’t arrived yet. I hope they won’t come home today too. I know they will really wonder who is Jackson in my life and how he got in the house and not to mention, my life.


“Do you live alone?” He asked between the silence. I think he’s trying to know me.


Why not give the guy a chance, Mark? I heard my inner self ask.


“No. I live with my friends. But they’re on vacation so they’re not here.” I replied keeping my straight face. Why am I getting excited?


“That’s so cool. And your parents are okay with it?”

 

 

After some minutes, he already knew about BamBam, Jinyoung and Yugyeom. Me and my mouth.


“We’re here.” I announced when we were already in front the house. I didn’t even notice that we already passed the convenience store where me and JB last met.


Oh, right. Jaebum.


“Mark? Are you okay?” I saw Jackson standing in front of me, waving his hand.


“Huh? Of course I am. Go away.” I said and pushed him away. I unlocked the gate and went inside.


I should just forget about Jaebum.


“Big house you have here.” Jackson pointed out while looking at almost everywhere.


“Thanks.” I said while getting my skateboard from my backpack. I was facing away from Jackson.


“So these are your friends?” Jackson suddenly asked and when I turned to look on what he’s doing, he was looking at the picture frames on the wall. Well, it was just me, BamBam, Jinyoung, Yugyeom.


“Yeah.” I said and threw my backpack on the couch.


“Who’s this other guy? I don’t recognize him from you descriptions.” He was squinting at one photo.


I walked towards him, almost ran, and got the picture frame. I looked at it and almost teared up.


It’s me and Jaebum. It’s our picture. I didn’t answer and didn’t let Jackson see it again.


“Lets go to the backyard. I can go teach you there.” I only said and put the picture frame in my backpack.


I saw him follow me without asking about things. Good. I wish he stays like that.


We got to the backyard which is wide enough for me to do circles with my skateboard.

 

 

An hour later, Jackson was getting the hang of how to move the skateboard. He sometimes loses his balance and I hold him so that he won’t fall to the ground. We continue riding together until he finally can maneuver the skateboard by himself.


I was standing near the door, just watching him and smiling proudly at him.


“Mark?! I’m home!” I heard a shout inside and it’s obvious that it’s Junior.


“I’m at the backyard, Junior!” I yelled back looking at the door.


When I returned my gaze to Jackson, I saw that he was going straight to me and couldn’t stop. My reflexes reacted slowly so I just back away some steps but that didn’t help because I felt Jackson’s body slam into mine and my back hit the ground.


“Mark...? What are you doing... With a stranger?” My eyes were closed when Junior spoke but I knew that he’s confused. I usually don’t bring in visitors. And I don’t let visitors sit on me at all.


I slowly push Jackson away from me and when I opened my eyes, I saw his apologetic eyes.


“I’m teaching him how to ride a skateboard.” I said and stood up. I face Jackson and offer him my hand. He accepted it and I helped him up.


“Hello. My name is Jackson. You’re probably Junior.” Jackson said while smiling at Junior.


Junior smiled back, which is weird because he was serious a while ago. Maybe he sees Jackson as a good guy.


“Yes, I’m Junior.” Junior offered his hands and they shook hands. Junior almost didn’t let go of Jackson’s hand but of course he did because it’ll look weird.


I think my friend likes someone...


“I’m sorry I’m a bother. I should get going now.” Jackson said while picking his skateboard up.


“Oh no, you’re not. You should stay here.” Junior blurted out and quickly took back his words, “I mean, it’s the first time Mark brought a friend here so I want to treat you here.”


Jackson looked at me.


“It’s okay. He acts like my mother, remember? That’s why he’s like that. Just stay.” I said and made sure that only J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter