Chapter 5

Right Way to Move On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark’s POV

 

Jackson said goodbye at me for the last time and really disappeared now. I smiled to myself and closed the gate. He’s irritating but really fun to be with.

 

Wait, what am I thinking? I shake my head and opened the door.

 

Then I remember Jinyoung. That guy. Why is he even with that . And he even chose that  over me. Over me who’s his friend for so long. I'm just so mad at him.

 

Lucky for me, he’s not home yet so I went in my room and jumped on my bed.

 

Why is he friends with that Youngjae  who stole Jaebum away from me? Though I really never mentioned anything to Jinyoung about my break up with Jaebum, maybe he knows from that Youngjae.

 

Why am I even mad at Jinyoung and that Youngjae?

 

Oh, right. I still haven’t moved on.

 

“Big problem, huh?” I didn’t notice BamBam already in my room and just looking at me stare at the ceiling.

 

“Not really. I’m just tired. Went out with Jackson.”

 

“Ah, him. But I think you’re not just tired, Mark. I think there’s something else.” He said and sat on my bed.

 

“Something?” I sat up and looked at him.

 

“Well, you look sad and confused.”

 

“Oh, you’re a psyche now?” I said, teasing him.

 

“Did you just actually tease me? No way!” He said while laughing.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked him, not really understanding why he laughed all of a sudden.

 

“Ah. Nothing. Let’s go play downstairs.”

 

“Okay. I’ll just change my shirt then let’s” I remembered Jinyoung. He might go home while me and BamBam are playing. I don’t like to see him yet, "Nevermind. I would like to stay here, Bam."

 

BamBam looked hurt but smiled at me, “Okay. I’ll just play with Yugyeom then.” He said while standing up.

 

“Yeah, you do that. I’ll sleep early today.” I said and smiled cheerfully at BamBam, hoping that he’ll cheer up.

 

But I think it didn’t help because he didn’t look at me anymore even before closing the door.

 

Why am I so complicated?

 

I changed my shirt and jeans into normal ones and went on my bed again to try to sleep.

 

But I just can’t.

 

I checked my phone and sighed when I saw no messages. Who would even text me today?

 

Then suddenly an unknown number texted me.

 

From: **********

 

Hey, Mark. I just noticed now that you put your number on my phone.

 

 

Oh right. I was so bored an hour before Jackson replied with his mom’s phone so I registered my own number on Jackson’s phone.

 

 

I saved Jackson’s number then replied.

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

Hey, Jackson. Why not? We’re friends anyway.

 

 

From: Jackson Wang

 

You know, what I’m doing is dangerous.

 

 

I stared at the screen of my phone.

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

What do you mean?

 

 

From: Jackson Wang

 

Well... This I’m doing now. It’s dangerous.

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

Texting me? What do you mean?

 

 

From: Jackson Wang

 

I like you but you don’t. And sticking with you like this makes me fall harder. And it’s painful because you never will like me back.

 

 

It took me a minute to reply to his message. When did he become so corny?

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

I didn’t say I’ll NEVER like you back.

 

 

From: Jackson Wang

 

So... There’s a possibility that you’ll fall for me?

 

 

Even if it’s only a message, I can sense Jackson’s excitement.

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

Yes. You’re a very nice guy and I’m only attracted to boys. But it’s very little because you’re not my type.

 

From: Jackson Wang

 

I’m not? Then what’s your type?

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

Well... Nice guys, understanding guys, those who likes reading books, guys who’s serious in school.

 

 

From: Jackson Wang

 

I’m all those! Seriously. I’m not bluffing.

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

You don’t look like all those. You look like a punk... a bad guy or a gangster.

 

 

From: Jackson Wang

 

Hey! I am insulted.

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

Well, you always wear a snapback, covering your white hair. Then your millions of piercings too.

 

 

From: Jackson Wang

 

It’s just my fashion. I actually like Math.

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

Really? We’ll see that at School.

 

 

From: Jackson Wang

 

Oh, we’ll see. Got to go eat now. Later, Mark!

 

 

To: Jackson Wang

 

Later.

 

 

I look at the clock and saw that it’s already 7. Wow, I spent an hour just texting with Jackson. I was not even a bit bored.

 

Then my door opened and I heard BamBam’s voice.

 

“Mark, before you go to sleep early, you should eat first.”

 

I pretended to sleep which is not hard because I was facing away from the door and BamBam can’t see my eyes. I just need to even my breath.

 

“Wow. You’re already asleep? Maybe you really did mean what you said. Okay anyway. Good night.” He talked to his self and closed the door.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter