Awkward introductions

Just Married (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Joong placed a call to his family members and they all agreed to meet in his house that night for dinner and despite how much his mother needled him to tell him what the important news was, he was tightlipped about it and refused to tell her anything. He was tensed and extremely nervous as he had no idea what their individual reactions would be to the news and he found himself watching the clock crawl by as he awaited the arrival of his family.

So min herself was tensed but she smilingly reassured him that he had done nothing wrong as this only happened when he was still in college and that was years ago, surely they couldn’t really blame him for that one slip? After she had her kids tucked in bed she drew a bath for KHJ and told him to dress up nicely as his father’s family is going to come see him. The book appeared nervous but he didn’t say a word and now the three of them are waiting patiently for the arrival of the Kims.

Sang Bum arrived first and Seo Hwa arrived few minutes after while their parents arrived fifteen minutes late courtesy of Geum Hee as Mr. Kim claimed. Geum Hee was the first to notice the boy who looked as if he was ready to bolt at any unpleasant incident.

“Who is this boy? Where has he come from?” she asked as she smiled at the boy. “He really looks pretty, as pretty as my Hyun Joong when he was this age.”

So min and Hyun Joong exchanged awkward glances but she quickly covered it up. “Come on Mother, I have the table set already.”

KHJ joined them for dinner and the boy sat quietly beside So min, not daring to say a word as he watched the family interacting amongst themselves. In a way he was nervous about what the others would have to say about him, he knew what this gathering was all about even though neither Hyun Joong nor So min had bothered to tell him but he knew and as such felt as a goods presented to the public for perusal before being accepted. As far as the facial appearances go, he really does like the woman he knew was his new dad’s mother and the other woman; his sister probably was really pretty and has a smile for all. The father had an amiable look to him but the younger brother was staring at him too intently, and he felt really uncomfortable under his scrutinizing perusal. He knew if the others accepted him as the bastard son that the younger would never accept it, he had an odd expression on his face.

“Eat,” So min nudged him and smiled down at him. As far as stories went, he knew stepmothers are horrible, but how come his is nice? Or was she just pretending to be nice in front of everybody? What about his father? He had bought everything he had asked for except the phone, telling him that he would be buying him one when he is older and he had accepted it. How lucky could one get to be born to a family as rich as the Kims? Still he was wary especially of the younger brother who was staring at him as if he could see his very soul and he found himself shrinking back from his scrutinizing gaze and instead fixed his eyes on his half touched plate and pretended to eat with gusto.

After dinner Geum Hee smiled at him and then turned to Hyun Joong and his w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter