Shades

Just Married (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 





 

So Min waited until Hyun Joong was in the room before she started needling him. “When were you going to tell me about Jae Min suggesting you send Ra Im to a boarding school?”

Hyun Joong knew where this was going and he was in no mode to argue with her tonight or any other nights for that matter. He took his time before giving her a reply, taking off his wristwatch and shirt. “I do not want to bother you with a discussion like that and I already decided against it,” He said quietly.

“Since when has a discussion about my own daughter become bothersome to me? I have patiently tolerated Jae Mi’s existence in this house but what I will not accept is her trying to make decisions concerning my children, so the next time she makes mention of something like that, tell her to mind her damn business.”

Hyun Joong chuckled. “Noted Ma’am,” he said as he pulled on his pyjamas.

“Do you think this is funny?” She braced her hands on her hips and glared at him. “I am tempted to scratch yours and that woman’s eyes out.”

Hyun Joong raised his hands to his eyes in defence. “Why would you have to do that? You can be so scary you know?”

She sat down on the bed and pushed back her hair in agitation. “I am putting up with this because I love you Hyun Joong, accepting Hyun and his mother into the house when no other woman would have done so. I am doing this because I trust that you will not betray me with her, but a woman can never be too careful. I can tell what Jae Min is after and I have no intention of letting her get her hands on it because this family is mine and I will do anything I have to in order to protect it. I will not accept it if she tries to rule this house and make useless suggestions about my kids.” She straightened her spine. “I am telling you now that the moment that she tries to hurt my kids you will have to choose between us.”

Hyun Joong sighed and joined her on the bed. “I understand how you feel and that is why I didn’t tell you because there is no way I will send a child of mine away from me. I had that experience with my parents when the only thing they cared about was their business. They go on trips for months and leave me in the care of the nanny so much that she became a mother to me, she was the one I go to if I need help with something and that was what caused a huge bridge between my parents and I. There is no way I will let a child of mine have that experience.” He took her hands in his and stared deep into her eyes. “Before coming into the room tonight I have thought hard and I know what I have to do. I have decided that Jae Min will have to leave this house. She can come to see Hyun when she wants but she won’t stay here anymore.”

So Min searched his eyes and saw his sincerity. “Hyun Joong,” she murmured.

“I won’t let anything jeopardize our marriage and I will do what is necessary to make sure that everything is right between us. I don’t want Hyun to grow up with Jae Min and I am grateful to her that she brought him here. I will do my responsibility as a real father to him and I will do what is required for Jae Min as well.”

So Min broke free from his hold and embraced him. “I just want us to be happy.”

“Me too, and that’s all I have ever wanted.”

***

Jae Min wondered what could be behind So Min’s huge smile this morning. The woman totally have her head in a cloud and didn’t give her the time of day which did not bode so well with Jae Min.

“I wonder what is making her so happy,” she sneered.

Hyun looked up from tying his shoes’ knot. “Is there a crime in being happy? I can’t even begin to imagine how excited you are to be living here and spending extravagantly.”

She cuffed him on the head. “Mind what you say child because as far as I can see you are enjoying the same comfort as I.” She retorted.

“I am not gloating in it though,” he shrugged and stood up, picking his school bag and heading for the door. “I’m leaving,” he muttered before disappearing from view.

“I must do something about this boy’s insolence. I wonder what has gotten i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter