KHJ

Just Married (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Kim’s greatest surprise came few days later when Jae Min dragged what must have been the whole world’s largest suitcases, three in all. With her is a boy of about 10 or 11 years old who stood silently at a side watching Jae Min having the house helps arranging her things neatly on the floor.

“What is going on here?” So min asked as she came downstairs watching the suitcases and the boy.

Jae min ignored her. “There is one more suitcase in the car, be a dear and bring it for me.” She told one of the maids and the latter just groaned and then went about the business.

So min wanted to give a biting remark but she didn’t because of the boy who was staring at her uncertainly. “The boy is moving in with us not you as well.” She stated.

Jae min scoffed. “You think I would leave my son here with you all alone so that you can hurt him? I don’t think so, where I stay my boy stays as well.”

So min’s eyes widened and widened more when she saw the boy giving her a suspicious look. “I will never try to hurt you baby, everything is okay.” She tried to allay his fears. To the mother she said, “You and I have to talk.”

“I have nothing to talk to you about I will only speak to my son’s father.”

And so it was that the two women and boy sat down in the sitting room until Hyun Joong arrived.

“What’s going on here?” was the first thing he asked when he arrived home.

So min stood up. “Why don’t you ask her?” she gestured with her thumb to Jae mi.

So min noticed the boy still watching them all uncertainly, so, she took him by the hand. “Come on up sweetie, come stay in our bedroom until we could find one for you.” She led him upstairs but not until she mouthed the words, ‘I will be back’ to Hyun Joong.

She took the boy upstairs and made him seat down on hers and Hyun Joong’s bed. “You don’t worry I will take care of you. What your mum said back there about me hurting you is not true, she was just angry that was why she said that. You will be safe here I assure you that and I will introduce you to my kids as well.”

“You have kids?” the boy muttered what were his first words in that house.

“Yes I do. A boy and a girl, Ra Im is five and Woo Bin is three.”

The boy looked momentarily surprised. “My mum told me that I am the heir and the only child.”

So min gritted her teeth but she smiled at the boy. “You are the oldest but you have siblings, step siblings.”

The boy smiled. “Are they as pretty as you?”

So min laughed. “Yes, they are adorable just as you.” She would give the boy that, he really do look adorable although he doesn’t resemble Hyun Joong like Ra Im did, maybe he resemble someone from the mother’s side, besides only lucky parents have kids that resemble them nowadays. She herself knew she doesn’t resemble her father nor her mother.

“Wait right here, I’ll be back soon.” She was about leaving and then decided to ask him if he’s hungry and he said no but she knew he’s just been shy and then she asked him for his name.

“Kim Hyun Joong, but everyone calls me KHJ.” He replied.

Oh, right. “Okay boy, I will talk to you later.”

“KHJ, call me that.”

She just smiled. “Okay, I heard you.” And then she was gone. She met her husband and Jae min where she left them. “Has she brought the DNA test?” the question was directed to her husband.

“You are quite impatient. I was just waiting for you.” She reached into her purse and brought out an envelope. She gave it to So min. “See it for yourself.”

So min just stared at the envelope in her hand before opening it, after reading the content she extended it to her husband.

“What if this was forged?” Hyun Joong asked.

“A DNA never lies, we all know that and do you really think that I would allow you to go do the DNA test on your own so that you would connive with your doctors and as such reject my son? I did this DNA on my own just so you would know I was not lying about this. I even named him after you. That was my own way of remembering you, and now you doubt me? You really believed I would lie about this to you? How could you Hyun Joong?”

“Stop all this Jae Min, I accept the fact that the boy is mine and I am ready to take responsibility by taking him in and doing what is right by him. The boy is here and you can leave now, be rest assured that he would be taken care of.”

“We are both staying here. There is no way I will leave my son here all alone.” She insisted.

“I am married and I don’t intend to keep two women in my house, you are not going to stay here.”

Jae min stood up. “I will stay right here and no one can stop me from doing that.”

“Do you have any idea how powerful I am in this country? I can make you disappear forever Jae Min, so think twice before doing anything foolish.”

“So you are threatening me now? You want to kill me the same way you killed him?”

“What are you talking about?” So min asked.

“You both know who exactly I am talking about. I will stay here with my son.”

“No you won’t, there is no way I would live with you.”

Jae min sank down to the couch. “I knew this would happen, I have been taking care of him for years now and now that he is yours you are getting me out of his life.” The tears started coming. “How could you do this to me? How could you be so cruel?”

“I am not taking him away from you, you can always visit him and he can come see you as well. Just drop your home address.”

“I don’t have a house I have been staying in a hotel for some weeks now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter