Rivalry

Just Married (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Min played her cards well and finally after browbeating and threatening Hyun Joong with the media he allowed her to move in which didn’t abode well with So min, as Jae Min made it clear to her that her being in the house is the same as Hyun Joong having a second wife. She does whatever she wants and not even Hyun Joong could stop her.

She was sitting downstairs and kept glancing at the wall clock every few minutes. It’s half an hour to the time she and So Min has to pick the children from school and an idea is already brewing in her mind. So Min has arrived from work early today and since then has locked herself in the room which to Jae Min is an attempt to shut her out but she refused to be ignored.

She stood up and crept upstairs. She pressed her ear to the door and satisfied that no sound was coming from within eased the door opened and entered. She saw So Min sleeping on the bed and quietly as a mouse she went to the bed and picked up her phone. She quickly go to the time setting and reset the time to an hour late, that way when she wakes up she would thought the kids would still be in school not knowing that they would have been through with their classes an hour ago. She also changed the phone to Flight mode so that if anyone tries to call her her number would be unavailable. Satisfied with her act she sniggered and gently closed the door behind her on her way out.

When it was time to pick KHJ from school she left while So Min slept on.

“I have a treat for you today.” Jae Min said to her son with a huge smile.

The boy gave her a suspicious look and wondered what could be going through her mind. Jae Min is not the kind of mother to give any child a treat, and her suddenly offering him one makes him feel uncomfortable because he’s certain she would want something in return. She’s not so nice and she knew he knew. “Really? What is it?” He asked so as not to sound uninterested.

“You will see for yourself. As from today things are going to change and we would be able to do whatever we want. You have to do something for me though.”

He knew she would want something in return so he wasn’t surprised. “What do I have to do?”

“Don’t worry for now little pumpkin, I will tell you when the time comes but for now just enjoy the show and expect the changes.”

KHJ was further surprised when instead of talking him home in the car Hyun Joong gave her she headed to a restaurant and there they had lunch, a lavish one and he just couldn’t fathom the reason behind his mother’s excitement. He briefly wondered if she’s succeeded in driving Ra Im’s mother out of the house or acquired a jackpot, anyways, he would find out soon enough.

***

So Min woke up in alarm and immediately reached for her phone but breathed a huge sigh of relief when she realized she hasn’t slept off and has up to fifteen minutes to pick up her children from the school. She dragged herself from the bed and changed her clothes before picking up her phone, purse and car keys. She got into the car and sped off to the school but was amazed when she found the school almost empty. Normally she arrives before the school closes and as soon as Ra Im and Woo Bin appear from their classes they would make their way for her and then she would bundle them into the car and take them home but the school looks deserted. She proceeded to their classrooms but no one was there and she asked a woman who was also walking the corridors why the school looks so deserted and the woman gave her a blank stare. “The school closed an hour ago,” she replied and then scurried off.

An hour ago? But that’s impossible. She is here early, the same time she gets here every day and her phone alarm was supposed to ring and let her know the time. What the hell is wrong with the phone? She drew the phone out of her purse and gave it an accusing stare, 1:56pm and the school closes by 2. Why exactly didn’t the alarm go off? Where exactly are her children?

Quickly she placed a call to Hyun Joong but she couldn’t get through and she hurried off to her car and sped out of the school to his office. Maybe he came to pick up the kids early but he should have called her.

She got to the office and responded to the greetings with a nod as she hurried to his door but was disappointed when his secretary told her he’s not in. where the hell is everyone? She started panicking as she once more dialed his number but it was still unavailable. Why is everything going wrong today?

She went back home with her heart in and wish Hyun Joong is having a nice time with the children somewhere, at least that way she wouldn’t have to worry so much.

She got into the compound and without bothering to close the door or pick up her purse she rushed in and was relieved to see H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter