Kyuwook 1: Variety Show

Fanfiction Vision vs. Reality

Reality:

The game show host told them to play the “Pocky Game” and being on a variety show…it wasn’t as if they could say no. So Kyuhyun took the cracker and waited for Ryeowook to take the other side. They bit and bit and bit, trying not to accidentally kiss on live television.

FF Vision:

Kyuhyun suppressed a grin after hearing the name of the game. Oh how he loved when these sorts of chances occurred. It was one of the few chances to publicly attack the cute man. So what if Ryeowook was older than himself? Kyuhyun would always be manlier, taller and over all cooler.

Covering his face in embarrassment, Ryeowook stood up, shying away from the camera aimed at capturing his reaction to the game. Before him, Kyuhyun was taking the cracker from a woman, putting the snack between his teeth. There was a wicked sparkle in his eyes as he stared at Ryeowook. Why does he have to be so excited about this? What if we get caught or accidentally kiss? There are going to be so many scandals… Ryeowook swallowed a sigh, tentatively taking the cracker between his own teeth.

Slowly, both sides took a bite, the crunch of the cracker deafening. It felt as if no one else was around. They were focused on one another, eyes watching the other for any sudden movements. Ryeowook knew they were nearly upon one another and he quickly shifted his eyes away.

Smirking, Kyuhyun placed his hands on Ryeowook’s slender waist as “leverage” though really it wasn’t. Ryeowook jumped a bit at the action, panicking after realizing that his hands were floating aimlessly and probably looked unnatural. He was on a variety show after all; wouldn’t it come off as weird if he wasn’t comfortable with Kyuhyun’s touch? Not knowing what else to do, Ryeowook moved his hands onto Kyuhyun’s shoulders, gripping them as he had to tilt his head in an attempt to avoid kissing the other man.

Kyuhyun thought about simply kissing his off-screen lover but then a camera was being shoved in their faces and he realized maybe that wouldn’t be such a good idea. Defeated, he pulled his lips back, snapping the Pocky and moving slightly away from the older man.

Laughing it off, Kyuhyun leaned forward to give Ryeowook a brief hug, lips hovering close to the man’s ear. He spoke in a deep, soothing voice at a volume that left others to wonder what he could possibly be saying. Ryeowook blushed at the proximity but didn’t dare move away, too scared at the prospect of getting caught.

“We’ll finish this in the dorms,” Kyuhyun murmured, subtly brushing his lips over the shorter male’s ear.