KiHae 2: Sorry Sorry

Fanfiction Vision vs. Reality

Reality:

 

Kibum looked out at the crowd tiredly and slung one arm around Donghae’s shoulders. The event was dragging on and all he wanted to do was head back to the dorms and relax. Donghae seemed just as bored, eyes wandering around the glitter and confetti infested floor.

 

Fan Fiction Vision:

 

Fans were cheering from the audience as they gazed up at their favorite KPOP idols gathered on one stage to be part of some sort of celebratory event. Super Junior members Kibum and Donghae stood next to each other, finding their own space among the many perfectly decorated idols surrounding them.

Kibum sighed, his tired eyes struggling to stay open. After the first round of applause he had all but given up even trying to look friendly – let alone smile. He simply settled for a serious face, hoping that it came off halfway decent.

The man next to him elbowed his ribs. Kibum glanced over and saw Donghae smiling at him and giving him a sympathetic look. After a second’s pause, Kibum noticed the gauntness of his friend’s features. When was the last time he had properly rested?

Internally sighing, Kibum pulled Donghae closer to himself. Perhaps it would make both of them feel a bit better. After all, promotions for Sorry, Sorry had been horribly tiresome. Who would’ve thought that would be the song to launch them worldwide? Super Junior hadn’t expected such a huge commotion over one song. Then again, maybe the old saying was true. One event can change the course of…well, everything.

Donghae leaned into the welcoming one armed embrace, tired eyes drifting down. Unlike Kibum, he was downright frowning. Yes, yes, everyone loved them now and they were becoming bigger and better with each passing second…but did that mean they were machines? He couldn’t recall the last time all of the members had been able to spend more than four hours sleeping after a full day schedule.

The worst part was though, Donghae had accidentally caught sight of his friend’s – more accurately, boyfriend’s – bare chest beneath a rather loose vest. He gulped hard, veins in his hand twitching at the revealing sight.

Unintentionally, Donghae’s eyes stayed glued to the exposed skin, imagination drifting to places it shouldn’t have been drifting.

With an internal groan, Donghae tilted his head to more properly ogle Kibum. Now he wouldn’t be getting any sleep. Dammit.