Chapter 21 - Home

The Puppet Master
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her misery as she grew up, her first smile she can’t remember it anymore. Those day were genuine and real but then little by little the sadness and betrayal succumb her fragile heart. At her young age she had experience the physical and mental exploitation from her relatives, the monsters crept in her mind every day and night. The ray of light slowly fading away together with her hope, slowly pulling her down in the pit of darkness. She was beyond broken, a person who don’t know what to do anymore, questioning her existence everyday until she met Seunghyun, when she was unconscious she felt happy because darkness was her ground, when opened her eyes, the strangers became her family. Until that night at the party she saw the big differences between him and her, the extravagant things that slowly drown her, the unfamiliarity and the strange looks emitting from those people it felt uncomfortable. When Daewon grabbed her hands she halfheartedly wants it and don’t want to be close to them because she felt little. Seunghyun’s gaze followed her as she slowly near him, his eyes calming for a second with her presence without her knowing, the familiar sensation coming again but he is refraining himself from talking to her, he wanted her to be more comfortable around him and his friends and so slowly without them realizing, they began to fit on together. At that night, Seunghyun let out a small genuine smile after a long time….

After a few weeks, Daewon decided to visit Seunghyun’s place since she she is going to fly back to Paris for her job. She rang the doorbell as Mrs. Kim open the door, her eyes widened she can’t believe that they are still here, staying with Seunghyun. She’s not mad or what at Mrs. Kim it’s just that she felt relief as she scans the house, nothing changed except for the modern furniture and some paintings. She gladly accepts Mrs. Kim’s offer “A tea and biscuit on the go” they are really close and knew each other very well. Daewon and Seunghyun are childhood friends so they know everything with each other as well as her brothers.

They grew up on the rich household, it seems to be enjoyable because you can get what you want but their family is little bit torn apart, in a way that her parents are always in the office or overseas for special work and also for managing their international companies. So almost everyday she was staying at Seunghyun’s house together with his brothers. They play along together and until they grew up they never missed the important dates of their life. Seunghyun is a very private man, some would say that he is very strict and has a stone heart, but in Daewon’s point of view he was once a sof hearted one, a jolly person, a person who knows how to ease you down. But as everyone says, change is for the better and that was also one of Seunghyun’s motto in his life. She shook her head as Mrs. Kim ask her if she have a boyfriend, they laugh and laugh until a familiar figure suddenly appear at her side. It was Seunghyun with his comfortable clothes, his hair is a bit damp and his shampoo is lingering at her nose, she scrunches up her nose as she glared at him.

“You know oppa, it’s almost ten in the morning and you just took a shower? Have you been living in your office again?” she asks Seunghyun as her eyebrows furrowed. She scans Seunghyun’s face and notice his eyes, it’s tired and black color appearing under his eyes.

“It’s getting tough to go home actually since I’m doing a lot of work. Mr. Kim would just send me clothes then on weekends, I’m going home because Mrs. Kim is really worried about me” Seunghyun said as he took a bite of her biscuit, she was going to slap his hands but decided to let him eat, her eyes soften as she eyed him tenderly, almost want to comfort him “You know you can always come home, Uncle Choi is not staying here anymore right?” she asked once again as the thick air appeared in the living room. Mrs. Kim look down, trying to dodge off the question, Seunghyun cleared his throat “Yes he is not staying here anymore, but sometimes mother visits me If she has a time” He said casualy, no hatred in his voice.

Daewon is not sure on whether how she should react on his remark. Seunghyun being so chill out here is not the typical response he would have. “Oh, I think that is harder isn’t it?” She asked as she sip her tea. “Yeah she saw Hyun Jae onc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter