Date Part I

Newsflash

“Hi…” Baekhyun stood there with a frozen smile as he stared up at Sehun. He wanted to respond the awkward greeting, but found his voice stuck in his throat.

Sehun blinked down at the frozen boy in front of him. He looked to where Jongin was sitting for any kind of help, but found him fighting back laughter as he pounded his fist on the table.

He made a mental note to slap him when he gets home later.

He turned to where Luhan was last standing and found him giving him suggestive looks while behind him, Minseok mouthed ‘Go for it.’ Even though Sehun didn’t know Minseok personally, he was glad someone finally gave him some encouragement.

Who said friends were good people, cause his were definitely were not good people. They were horrible people, except for Yixing. Yixing has always been a good person. Even though he was the one who set him up for this date. But that can be overlooked. For now.

Sehun bit his lip as he turned his attention back to the frozen person in front of him. He bent down slightly and waved his hand in front of his face.

Baekhyun blinked rapidly as he finally snapped out of whatever he was in and tried to squeak out a greeting, but it came out like a high pitched squeal.

He slapped a hand over his mouth and laughed nervously.

Sehun laughed at the way Baekhyun was acting.

He shoved his hands into his pockets and took a deep breath. “Do you wanna stay here or would you like to go to a different place for lunch?”

Baekhyun slightly lowered his hands and nodded. “Just don’t take me to a place that serves insects. Otherwise I’m leaving.”

“Insects?” Sehun asked with a confused look.

Baekhyun crinkled his nose at the memory. “My last blind date took me out to eat bugs. So if you manage not to do the same thing, you’re going to be getting a ton of points in my book.”

Sehun hid a growing smile behind his hands as he nodded. Baekhyun smiled up at him and skipped over to the entrance. “Let’s go!” The smaller boy exited the café without waiting for his date.

The brunette ran a hand through his hair and leaned over to pick up his abandoned phone on the table. Sehun saw that he had received a text from Luhan and looked up to see him giving him a small smile.

From Lu Hyung:

there’s a small restaurant called la flore

its about two blocks from here

its really nice

and almost guaranteed to have very little grandmas and middle aged women there


Sehun gave a grateful smile to him and headed to the door.

“Don’t it up Sehun,” Jongin called out to him as he laid a hand over the doorknob. “Yixing can only set up so many blind dates for you.”

 Sehun chuckled and shrugged. “It’s not high school anymore. Isn’t that what you said before?”
 
Jongin only shook his head and grinned. “Have fun on your little date. Don’t forget to get his number either.”

“I’ll try not to forget,” Sehun assured him and he walked out on the sidewalk where Baekhyun was waiting with a pouty face.

“You sure took your time,” he noted, giving him a suspicious look. Sehun shrugged and pocketed his phone.

“It wasn’t anything important, so how about lunch?” Sehun suggested.  “There’s this place not far from here.”

Baekhyun’s pout was immediately replaced with a large smile at the prospect of food. And Sehun’s mind was conflicted as to whether or not he liked his pouty face or his smile more. At the moment, his smile was definitely winning.

“Sounds amazing! And the closer it is, the faster we can get out of this heat.” Baekhyun waved his hands in hopes of cooling down, it wasn’t working and he can already begin to feel himself sweat his deodorant off. This wasn’t a good thing, considering he didn’t want to smell like sweat in front of his date. Especially since his date was the person he’s been crushing on for the past week and kind of watching everyday on tv.

Sehun smiled and began to lead the way to the restaurant.
 
The walk to the restaurant didn't take long to get to. Which Baekhyun was thankful as his deodorant had a much better chance of covering up his smell now. While Sehun was happy about not being stopped by random ahjummas.

The two slid into a booth toward the back corner of the restaurant, away from prying eyes, just how Sehun wanted it.

A waiter came by to give them menus and they took them gratefully.

"Have you been here before?" Baekhyun asked as he pulled open the menu.

Sehun shook his head as he considered the what was on the menu. "My first time here. A friend recommended it to me." He just hopes it's a good recommendation otherwise he is going to sabotage Luhan's date plans with Minseok when he gets the chance.

Baekhyun hummed as his eyes skimmed the menu. Nothing really stood out, it had various Italian foods. And as much as Baekhyun loved Italian, nothing really caught his eye.

Sehun shut his menu and leaned on his forearms. "I think I'll just get the pasta marinara. You?"

Baekhyun gently closed his menu and tapped it against his chin. "Guess I can't go wrong with a chicken alfredo."

The two of them ordered along with getting two glasses of water and a basket full of bread rolls.

They sat there in silence as they tore into the rolls.

As Sehun chewed on the bread, which was delicious mind you, he couldn't think of anything to say. Except for the large elephant in the room that was threatening to spill from his lips. But he wasn't ready to talk about that just yet.

Baekhyun felt like he was going to suffocate from the stifling atmosphere Sehun and him were sitting in. The insect date seemed awfully appealing to the awkwardness of his current date.

While the two mulled over their date,  a familiar blonde haired boy sat a good distance away with a tanned boy sitting across from him with his face buried in a menu.

"This is ridiculous. Look at them, they're so awkward. I can't watch this." Luhan slapped his forehead as he scowled at his menu.

Jongin shrugged as he waved a waiter over. "It was bound to happen. They never had an actual conversation before. And Sehun is probably still a bit hurt over their high school encounter."

Luhan groaned, but it quickly smiled as he ordered a salad. Once the waiter left after taking Jongin's order of some soup, Luhan dropped his head to the table.

Jongin sipped his water as he watched Luhan complain. "What can we do to get them to be less awkward?"

"Let them actually talk? Not stalk them on their date?" Jongin suggested and was met with a small glare from Luhan.  

"But I'm so curious about what's going on between them," Luhan whined and pouted.

"You know in hindsight it probably would've been a better idea not come here with you," Jongin sighed. he dragged a finger across the water that gathered on the outside of his cup.

Luhan placed his chin on the table and squinted his eyes at Jongin. "Arent you curious though?"

"I could ask him when he gets ho-" Jongin was cut off with a finger to his lips as Luhan had a crazy looking smile on his face.

Jongin turned around to where Sehun and Baekhyun were sitting and found a teenage girl standing there talking with Sehun as Baekhyun shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

Sehun didn't know what to do. Typically it was the older women who came up to approach him, not some teenager. This was new and he didn't like it. After all, he was on a date and he can't exactly say he's on a date. Even if he might not be an idol or anything his public image still matters.

As the two continued to talk, Baekhyun could only watch in discomfort as Sehun hit it off with the girl.

He shifted in his chair as a weird feeling began to ride up in his stomach.

"U-um, May I possibly get your number?"

Sehun froze and Baekhyun's eyes widened at the statement.

"O-oh um. I don't think I should." Sehun took a quick glance at the boy sitting across from him and felt his heart swell when he saw him look just a little bit relieved. "I-I’m also kind of in the middle of a lunch with a friend  and as much as I would like to talk to you." He didn't. "I should get back to my friend here "

 

The girl bowed her head in embarrassment and quickly took off. Once Sehun saw her take a seat in front of an elderly lady, he turned to face Baekhyun and let out a deep sigh.

 

He drummed his hand on the table as he began to think about what to say.

 

"Does that happen a lot?" Baekhyun asked in a small voice.

 

Sehun bit his lip to prevent a smile from happening. "Not really. It's usually the old ladies that come up to me. Didn't expect this one to actually send her granddaughter up to me." He took a small glance back to the table, but then a familiar blonde head caught his eye and he mentally groaned when he realized who it was.

 

Baekhyun sat there processing what Sehun had just said. If old ladies had approached him, with the possible intent of setting him up with their granddaughters, then what the hell was he doing here? He could obviously get a date with any girl who wanted now.

 

Baekhyun frowned the thought of him dating a girl. His frown grew deeper when he realized, did Sehun even like girls? It was obvious he had some interest in guys, otherwise he wouldn't be sitting across from him on a date.

 

Sehun was tearing into another roll when he saw Baekhyun boring a hole into the table with a deep frown. It looked like he was in deep thought, so Sehun did the obvious thing. He stuck half of his roll into his mouth.

 

Baekhyun looked at him surprise and Sehun forced himself to not burst out laughing at the cute expression he had.

 

Sehun forced down the bread roll as he stared at the perplexed Baekhyun with half a bread roll hanging from his mouth.

 

He finally got enough sense back into himself as he finally took the roll out from his mouth.

 

Baekhyun threw a fake punch at Sehun and he flinched back laughing.

 

"What was that for? And stop laughing at me!" Baekhyun felt his cheeks become hot as he bit into the roll.

 

Sehun tried his best to hold in laughter at the pouty face Baekhyun was making. It wasn't really working since he was curled up in the corner of the booth with his hands pressed into his mouth, muffling his laughter.

 

Baekhyun's was about to throw what was left of his bread roll, but at that moment the waiter arrived to place their food onto the table.

 

The laughter finally died down and Sehun had a large smiled plastered on his face. While Baekhyun's pout grew deeper as he stabbed a piece of chicken.

 

The two engaged in light conversation as they ate their lunch.

 

Luhan smiled at their interaction before turning his attention to his salad. Jongin watched just a little bit longer, a content smile grew as he saw his best friend laughing at whatever Baekhyun had said.

 

He leaned back in his chair, thinking maybe; just maybe things would finally work out for his friend. 

 



A/N: This is completely unedited. I apologize for any errors, but I just wanted this out here before school takes over my life again. Now excuse me as I'm going to let myself drown in a pool of tears as I try to write a story for my English class.