Date Part II And Then Some

Newsflash

Baekhyun couldn't fathom how he and Sehun went from an awkward 'first meeting' to a more than perfect lunch to him sitting on the sidewalk in front of a convenience store with a Klondike bar pressed against the side of his eye.  
 

He guesses that life is just like that, but all he ever wanted in his life was to finally have a good first date and life doesn't seem to want to give him that. Which is slowly  increasing his hatred for the world. It doesn't seem to help that his love life has never been that great in the first place.
 

Sehun couldn't believe what had happened. All he wanted was a simple date with hisnotsolongtime crush and his date ends up getting a frisbee to the eye. The eye. Who would've thought that a simple walk in the park would have ended up like that. He sure didn't.
 

He stood next the ice cream in the convenience store and was debating whether or not to get Baekhyun another ice cream for his eye when his phone went off for the twentieth time today.
 

With a sigh, he answered the phone already knowing who it was.
 

"Sehun!!" A high pitched voice yelled at him through the phone. "Why the hell is Baekhyun sitting outside with a pack of ice cream on his eye?"
 

With another sigh he walked over to where the cold drink were and took out a bottle of water.
 

"You know why he has a pack of ice cream on his eye. I saw you and Jongin watching us. Don't think I didn't know about you two stalking us." He set the bottle on the counter as he stuck his phone between his shoulder and cheek so he could get his wallet from his back pocket. The cashier scanned the bottle and told him the price in a monotonous tone. He handed him a five and stuffed the change into a pocket.
 

He waited for Luhan to say something.
 

"...okay. But still. That shouldn't have happened in the first place. You should have done something to prevent that frisbee from smacking you date in the eye."
 

Sehun scoffed as he walked out of the store to where Baekhyun was sitting. "Yeah cause you would've saw a frisbee flying towards your date. If you aren't going to give me helpful advice, then don't call me anymore."
 

He hung up and made sure to put his phone on silent for the rest of the date.
 

Baekhyun watched in silence as Sehun took a seat next to him. He winced as he felt something trickle down his arm.
 

He removed the ice cream from his eye and saw a stream of melted ice cream running down his arm. Baekhyun frowned as he threw the ice cream onto the pavement and tried his best wipe the ice cream off.
 

Sehun grimaced as he saw a dark purple bruise forming around Baekhyun's eye. He hesitantly pressed the water bottle against the spot.
 

Baekhyun flinched at the cold surface, but soon leaned into the coldness of the bottle as he felt the pain slowly ebb away.
 

"I'm sorry about the frisbee and all that." Baekhyun looked up at Sehun and gently grabbed the bottle from his grasp, hands brushing lightly against each other. "This wasn't exactly how I wanted the date to go..." Sehun muttered as he leaned into his hand.
 

Baekhyun could only let out a light laugh. "I don't either of us counted on a frisbee interrupting us to hit me in the eye."
 

Sehun muttered something along the lines of 'It was supposed to be the perfect date' and Baekhyun couldn't help but laugh at the childish behavior Sehun had.
 

"Well I guess you'll just have to make it up to me on our next date." Baekhyun straightened his back with a bright smile.
 

Baekhyun's words took a moment to process in Sehun’s mind. "Next...date?" Sehun stared at Baekhyun with a dumb expression on his face.
 

"Yes. Next date you dummy. I'm telling you right now that I want to go on another date with you." Baekhyun nudged their shoulders together with a mischievous smile as Sehun hid his growing smile behind his hand.
 

"Alright. So we're on for another date. Does this mean I can get your number now?
 

"Of course you dummy."



 

Sehun laid back on his bed staring at the new contact in his phone. A smile crept up on his face as he began to roll around on his bed as laughter spilled from his lips.
 

"I can see that your date was a success except for that black eye your precious Baekhyun has now." Luhan closed the bedroom door behind him with his foot as he carried two takeout boxes in his hands.
 

Sehun stopped rolling around and laid on his stomach, still smiling at the contact on his screen.
 

"I think I understand why you kept taking me out dinner after you got Minseok's number." He sighed dreamily as he reread the numbers over and over again.
 

The mattress dipped down from Luhan's weight. He situated himself against the headboard as he put a takeout box on his lap and the other next to Sehun.
 

"Eat and then you can continue to squeal about his number." Luhan broke his chopsticks apart as he dug into his food. "Still don't get why people eat this fast food Chinese food. It's so greasy compared to actual Chinese food." Despite his comments, he continued to put the noodles into his mouth.
 

"People will eat whatever seems 'exotic' to them." Sehun putting air quotes around the word exotic. "Unfortunately Chinese food falls into that category."
 

"More like they're too lazy to go to an actual Chinese restaurant," Luhan muttered under his breath as he stuffed a piece of chicken into his mouth.
 

The two continued to eat in silence. And when the two finished had finished eating and had thrown away the takeout boxes, they found themselves sitting on Sehun's bed again.
 

Luhan had propped up some of Sehun's pillows against the headboard and leaned against them as he tapped away on his phone. While Sehun sprawled himself out on the remaining space on the bed staring into the glow of his phone.
 

"Hyung?"
 

Luhan hummed in response, typing one last thing before turning his eyes to where Sehun was lying. "What?"
 

"What am I supposed to text him?" Sehun turned his head up to look at Luhan. "He said he wanted a second date, but do I just say 'Wanna go on a date?' Or do I say something else first?"
 

Luhan puffed his cheeks out as he thought. "Does he have your number?" A nod. "Why don't you start out with a simple hey or what's up. Then let the conversation flow naturally."
 

"But what if it doesn't flow naturally." His thumbs hovered over the keyboard as he frowned.
 

"You're overthinking it. Don't do that. If you do that you are never going to get the chance to talk to him," Luhan scolded him before turning his attention to the text he received.
 

Sehun scrunched his face up, staring at the blank white space as he thought about what to send for his first text.




Baekhyun had a smile plastered onto his face as he held a bag of frozen peas to his eye while sitting on the toilet at Yixing and Jongdae’s apartment.


Yixing looked over with worry as he dug through the cabinet under the sink for a first aid kit.
 

Jongdae just smiled as he sat on the edge of the bathtub. "You seem happy except for the fact you have a black eye now."
 

"I could care less about tha-owowow, Yixing," Baekhyun whines as Yixing carefully peeled off the bag of peas.
 

"I'm sorry." Yixing frowned slightly at the sight of blue and purple swirled around Baekhyun's eye. "Aii, there's a few cuts as well."
 

Yixing stood up with a slight wince, causing Jongdae to frown. He set down the first aid kit on the counter and began to rummage through it for band aids and some disinfectant cream.
 

Baekhyun gingerly touched the area and got his hand slapped away by Yixing.
 

Jongdae got up from the bathtub and took the supplies from Yixing's hands. "Keep resting I'll take care of Baekhyun," he murmured.  
 

Yixing frowned slightly, but was gently pushed out of the bathroom by Jongdae.
 

Jongdae turned to the supplies on the counter and began to put the cream onto a q-tip. "So while I patch you up, details?" He wiggled his eyebrows as he leaned down the spread the cream onto the cuts.
 

Baekhyun winced from the slight sting he felt from the cream. "I got his number, that enough details for you?"
 

Jongdae made a thinking face before shaking his head. He threw away the q-tip into the waste basket next to the toilet. "Nah. There's gotta be more. Especially since you waltzed into our apartment with a black eye and an abnormally large smile on your face."
 

Jongdae stuck the band aid on as gently as he could, but Baekhyun's still flinched at the pressure.
 

Baekhyun's rubbed at the spot covered by the band aid as he got up from sitting on the toilet.
 

"It was really nice. No insects. No awkwardness." Baekhyun's scrunched his nose up in thought. "Well it was awkward for a good portion in the beginning, but it went away as we started talking. Did you know he was valedictorian of his class?"
 

Jongdae looked impressed as the two left the bathroom. "Wow so he's nerdy and good looking. Nice combo."
 

He smirked and gave Baekhyun a thumbs up. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he shoved Jongdae's shoulder.
 

Jongdae laughed as he entered the living room with Yixing sitting on the couch with his legs tucked under him as he watched a drama.
 

He immediately took a seat next to him and threw an arm over Yixing's shoulder. Jongdae whispered something into his ear, causing Yixing to redden slightly and slap his stomach lightly. Jongdae just laughed and Baekhyun just shifted slightly from where he stood.
 

Yixing noticed Baekhyun and motioned for him to take a seat. Baekhyun perked up and walked over to the plush chair next to the fireplace.
 

"Did your date go well?" Yixing asked with worry laced in his tone.
 

Baekhyun smiled brightly and nodded enthusiastically. "It went well!! The black eye probably gives you another idea, but I can assure you that it wasn't Sehun who did that. It was some dude with a frisbee at the park."
 

Yixing let out a sigh in relief. "I'm glad it went well. Are you guys going out again?"
 

Baekhyun was about to respond when he felt a vibration in his pocket. He took out his phone and smiled softly down at the contact id.
 

From Sehun:
 

so when would you like that next date?

"Yeah," he whispered as his fingers slowly typed out a response. "I think we'll be going out again real soon."

 




A/N: Light edits so if there are mistakes, I apologize. But hey! It's out and I'm happy. Thanks for reading and subscribing. I never actually got the chance to say that, so thank you! And thank you all for all the coments, I'm actually going to try and make an effort to reply to them. Totally not another excuse to not do homework. And until the next chapter, bye!!