Explanations

Newsflash

"What is he doing here?" Baekhyun hissed at Sehun as they stood in the kitchen. "I told you I didn't want to talk to him."

 

"Hyung you have to," Sehun grit his teeth in frustration. "Chanyeol wants to talk and I want you to talk to him. This is the only way we are going to solve whatever is going on between all of us."

 

Baekhyun stomped his foot in anger as he glared up at Sehun. "I don't care! Chanyeol made it perfectly clear as to where he stands about our relationship."

 

"I know, I know. But shouldn't we give him a chance to explain himself?" Sehun begged. "If we just assume things about him, we're not any better than him are we?"

 

"He never let you explain yourself. Why should we let him have that chance?” Baekhyun rebutted.

 

"The two of us will have the chance to explain if you'll just hear him out. He'll explain his part and then I'll explain mine. Is that fair enough?" he asked softly. Sehun grabbed his hand, Baekhyun instinctively squeezed his hand.

 

Sehun swung their hands back and forth gently as he waited for a response from Baekhyun.

 

He sighed and jutted his bottom lip out in a pout. "Fine. But if he says one thing out of line again I'm kicking him out out of this apartment and out of my life," Baekhyun mumbled as he pulled at their hands.

 

"I think that's going a bit too far, but alright," Sehun agreed with a nod. He cupped his face and pressed a kiss to his forehead, hoping that'll calm him down enough to listen rationally. "Don't let your feelings get the best of you, okay?"

 

Baekhyun hung his head in embarrassment from the small kiss and could only grunt in response to Sehun. Sehun smiled against the light colored hair as he pressed another kiss to his forehead. "Thank you hyung."




 

Sehun thought sitting alone with Chanyeol his apartment was awkward. He was wrong. He was so so wrong. Sitting in a room with two friends who were still in an argument, one of which he was dating and the other who just seems to hate his guts, is probably the most awkward thing he's ever experienced. Well this and that one time he walked into Jongin doing....things he never wanted to see in the first place, but he'd rather not remember that.

 

Baekhyun was clinging onto his arm while Chanyeol was boring holes into his skull. Sehun really, really wanted to just get up and leave to spare him of whatever was in his future. He apologizes to every deity in his head for his whimsical ways of dating. He swears he'll never do anything like that again.

 

He thought the forehead kisses would help calm Baekhyun down, at least just a little bit. But he guessed it didn't have any effect as Baekhyun seems to be growling at the person sitting across from them.

 

"I thought I would get a nicer welcome, but I guess not," Chanyeol mumbled as he leaned against the low table in front of them.

 

"You don't need a nice welcome," Baekhyun glared at him as he tightened his grip on Sehun's arm. Sehun likes the contact, but at this rate he thinks he's going to loose blood circulation in his arm.

 

He leaned into Baekhyun, causing him to loosen up the grip in surprise. "Thank you, my arm was about to die," Sehun breathed out in relief, leaning into the shoulder of Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol's face hardened slightly at the physical closeness of the two, but took a deep breathe before he would say anything he would regret. "Why don't we get to the topic at hand here?" he suggested.

 

Sehun lifted his head off of Baekhyun's shoulder, causing the latter to frown and lean in closer with a glare at the person across from them. "What do you have to say?" Baekhyun asked with a huff.

 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun. I'm sorry for what I said at the lunch." Chanyeol folded his hands on top of the table with an apologetic look.

 

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me. Apologize to Sehun," Baekhyun demanded with a smack to the table for emphasis. "The problem wasn't anything you said about me, it was what you said about Sehun. Now come on. Apologize." He detached himself from Sehun and crossed his arms with his chest puffed out. "Do it."

 

Chanyeol hesitated as he looked between Sehun and Baekhyun. Sehun was trying his best to beg him with whatever puppy dog eyes he had. He never really used puppy dog eyes so he was praying to whatever god there was for it to work. He's pretty sure it didn't work since Chanyeol immediately turned his head away when they made eye contact.

 

He cursed silently in his head when chanyeol cleared his throat. "Before I apologize to him, I want to know something."

 

Sehun furrowed his brows at the statement. "Know what?"

 

"Oh my god Chanyeol," Baekhyun slammed his hands down on the table.  "What are you doing? Is it really that hard to say sorry to someone?!"

 

Chanyeol ignored the outburst and gave Baekhyun a pointed glare. "I think you'd want to hear this too."

 

Baekhyun tensed up at the statement. "What are you talking about? Is there something I don't know?" He turned to Sehun, the question directed at him. Sehun didn't know what to say since he wasn't even sure what he knew. He only shrugged to Baekhyun which did nothing to make the elder feel better.

 

"Why'd you date that many people?" Chanyeol spoke up, bringing all of the attention to him. But then their eyes turned to Sehun.

 

Sehun broke out in a cold sweat as he froze from the sudden question. If this was the thing to get Chanyeol to like him, it sure as hell wasn't making Sehun like him. It's not like he doesn't want to say his reason, it's just extremely embarrassing to have to say it out loud. Jongin only knew because he was there when it all happened, he understood why. As for his dogs, well they were dogs. They don't know anything.

 

As for Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Well. Baekhyun might find it cute or creepy. Chanyeol will probably find it stupid and laugh. Oh the possibilities that were bound to happen.  

 

Chanyeol had a small smirk on his face as he watched Sehun's inner turmoil. Baekhyun on the other hand...to say he was freaking out would be an understatement.

 

He kept saying that he didn't care about Chanyeol's opinion, yet he was still freaking out about what Chanyeol would think about Sehun after this. Curse best friends. Baekhyun doesn't need anyone who's going to make his boyfriend look bad. As for Jongdae, it would be one less person stalking his dates. Yixing can stay though.

 

"I did it to get over...someone," Sehun carefully wording his sentence. "Yeah." He nodded with confidence, but his stomach didn't like where this was going. "That's what happened. Yeah. To get over someone." Sehun's about to slap himself at how stupid he sounded.

 

"Are you over them? After twenty people?" Chanyeol questioned as he tapped his finger on the surface of the table. He gave Sehun a sickly sweet smile as he waited for an answer. Sehun wanted to slap that smile off of his face.

 

He adjusted his sitting position, being overly conscious of every moment as Chanyeol and Baekhyun were watching him a bit too close for comfort. Sehun cleared his throat to calm himself down.

 

The reactions to what he would say popped up in his mind. If he said 'no' then Chanyeol would be like 'Oh so you're using Baekhyun to get over this person aren't you?' And then he would have to respond 'Nope' then Chanyeol would say ' Hypocrite.' And technically Sehun isn't a hypocrite. He isn't over the person. He doesn't have any reason to as he is saying the person he never got over. Although he'd rather drop dead than say that in front of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Sehun's not mentally ready to say that right now.

 

However, if he said he was over that person, he predicts Chanyeol's response to be like 'Why'd it take you so long to get over them? Huh? Huh? Huh?' And that might just prompt Sehun to climb over the table to slap him into next week.

 

Sehun takes a deep breath before he says anything. He needs to be calm and clear minded so he doesn't go exploding and ruining his image to Chanyeol even more.

 

"I'm-" He glances over at Baekhyun and sees his droopy eyes giving him a sad stare and he suddenly wants to jump off of a cliff. "I'm not over that person. I'm not." Sehun knows he's going to regret saying that.

 

"Oho, really?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow with a smirk growing on his face. But any instance of a smirk is wiped off when he notices Baekhyun tugging on Sehun's sleeve.

 

"W-What do you mean?" Baekhyun stutters out. He tugs harshly in his sleeves as tears threaten to fall from his eyes.  "Sehun?"

 

Chanyeol feels something snap in him when he sees the depressed look on Baekhyun. "He means he's only using you to move on Baekhyun. He doesn't like you. He only wants to use you and when he feels that he's tired of you, you can kiss him goodbye." He glares at the younger one who seems to be panicking at the sight of a teary eyes Baekhyun.

 

"Nonononono," Sehun panicked and gently grabbed Baekhyun's shoulders. "I'm not going to leave you. I'm not using you. Please, please, please believe me. Hyung." He reached up and wiped away a tear that had fallen. "Just let me explain-"

 

"You've done enough," Chanyeol interrupted him with a sneer. He stood up and walked over to Baekhyun. He grabbed his arm and yanked Baekhyun out of Sehun's grip. "Let's go Baekhyun."

 

"What?" Baekhyun croaked out as fresh tears spilled over. He looked up at Baekhyun and back down where Sehun stayed seated.

 

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun toward the front door, not looking back. Sehun scrambled up from the floor when he realized that Chanyeol was going to take Baekhyun away.

 

However Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's wrist to stop him from pulling him any further. This caused Chanyeol to look at him with an incredulous expression.

 

"Let him explain," Baekhyun choked out as he suppressed the wave of emotions that overcame him. "Let him explain. Chanyeol."

 

"Why should I? He made it clear that he's not over whoever it is he's been pining after for five years," Chanyeol spat out. "There's no need-"

 

"Let me ing explain!" Sehun snapped after listening to Chanyeol's bull explanations. "You don't know about me. You have no flipping right to explain my motives in my relationship with Baekhyun just because of one small answer. You are making your own conclusions with nothing to back it up with besides your stupid delusions about who I am!"

 

"Then explain!" Chanyeol's grip on Baekhyun arm tightened, causing him to wince and pull at Chanyeol's hand on his arm. However Chanyeol paid no attention to it as he glared daggers at Sehun.

 

"It was Baekhyun! I liked Baekhyun ever since my freshman year in high school and after he rejected me in my sophomore year I started to date around to get over him. But every person I dated, I couldn't stop comparing them to Baekhyun

 

"For five years, the feelings I had for Baekhyun never went away even though I had dated twenty people, maybe even more, deep down in my heart I still liked Baekhyun. And I'm not over him. That's the goddamn truth. And there's no need for me to get to get over him now since I am saying him and none of this ing as hot would be happened if you would just stop being a jealous piece of and leave our relationship alone!"

 

Sehun held his knees as he took deep breathes after his rant. He froze a few minutes after when he realized that he just spilled everything about his feelings toward Baekhyun. He tucked his head into his chest, refusing to look up at the unusually silent pair.

 

A pair of soft hands run through his hair, causing him to flinch slightly. The hands soon wrapped around his neck and Sehun relished in the warmth that Baekhyun emitted as he held him close.

 

"Thank you for explaining," Baekhyun whispered as he pressed a kiss on his forehead.

He unwound his arms from around Sehun's neck and turned to glare at Chanyeol. "Out. Get out of here."

 

That sparked panic in Sehun's chest as he tugged on Baekhyun's arm. "What? No hyung! What are you doing?"  

 

This time the glare was turned to Sehun. "What do you mean 'what am I doing?' I already told you I was ready to kick him out if he passed the line again. The purpose of this was to let both of you explain. He explained, but he never gave you the chance to. He even tried to take me out of my own house. My own house. Sehun!" He ripped his arm out of Sehun's grip, ignoring the slight burn he felt on his skin.

 

"Hyung. I know, I know. But I've explained now! Just," Sehun desperately pointed at the tall boy who stood there with a stony face. "Just let him explain. He never got to explain-"

 

"He barely let you explain yourself!" Baekhyun interrupted. "What makes you think he should get the right to explain?!"

 

Sehun was ready to tear out his hair out at how stubborn Baekhyun was being. Even if Baekhyun was being reasonable, he brought Chanyeol here to get answers and he was going to get them even if Baekhyun kills him.

 

He violently turned to Chanyeol and pointed an accusing finger at him. "Hurry up and explain yourself!"

 

"Sehun!" Baekhyun covered his ears and shook his head. "I'm not listening!"

 

Sehun began to pry his hands off of his ears, surprised at how hard it seemed. Once he finally got his hands off of his ears, he fought to keep them from going back. "Hurry up you dimwit!" he screamed at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol looked down at the ground then to the two struggling boys. His shoulders sagged as he decided to say what he needed to say.


"I like you Baekhyun."


 



A/N: You're welcome?