Questions Galore

Newsflash

Sehun couldn't believe that he was holding Baekhyun's hand. Sure it only took him five years, but goddamn did it feel nice. However he did think that it's be kind of weird for Baekhyun to be holding a person's hand who's wearing a beanie and a mask. It's a bit suspicious looking in his opinion and Baekhyun is holding someone's hand of that exact description. Sehun's thinking about taking his mask off.

To say Baekhyun was happy would be an understatement. However to say he was nervous, happy, excited, confused, and sprinkle in a bit of jealousy, then that would be the overall feelings he was feeling at the moment.

He's pretty sure his hand has gotten sweaty, but he hasn't gotten the guts to let go of Sehun's hand yet. Baekhyun isn't sure what made him grab the younger's hand when Sehun asked him out. Yes starting to rethink his decision of grabbing his hand when he's starting to feel Sehun adjust their hands. It's probably because of his sweaty hands, he thinks.

The two walked into a still open bubble tea shop, much to Sehun's joy. There are only so many bubble tea places open at eight at night.

They sat at a table in the back with their drinks and a few snacks as soft instrumental played throughout the store.

Baekhyun tentatively sipped his drink as Sehun pulled off his mask and beanie, ruffling his hair up in a bad attempt to make it neater.

They sat in silence as they drank their drinks and munched on fries.

When they finished the fries, Baekhyun was itching to ask something, but was hesitant in voicing it out. He fiddled his straw as he stared at the bony hands of Sehun.

"Um. Sorry if this was kind of abrupt. Jongin mentioned that you were coming so I kinda...you know...uh." Sehun was very close to slapping himself in the face.

Baekhyun let out a soft laugh. "It's alright. It was a bit of a surprise to see you there, but it definitely a nice surprise.” He stirred around his straw to watch the tapioca spin around his his cup to avoid looking Sehun in the eyes.

Sehun tried to keep down a smile, but failed miserably. "You were happy to see me." He hid his smile behind hand, but even that couldn't contain his happiness. "You were happy to see me," he repeated.

Baekhyun pouted as he felt the embarrassment creep up his neck and a deep blush reddened his cheeks. He was beginning to regret telling Sehun, but seeing the younger smiling and being so happy from his comment was endearing. But embarrassment prevented him from enjoying Sehun's happiness completely.

So Baekhyun sputtered out the first question that came out his mind to embarrass the boy. "How many people have you dated?"

The question threw Sehun off guard as his smile dropped and his face froze. Hue took a sip from his drink to compose himself. He coughed awkwardly to clear his throat. "Um...if you don't mind me asking, but why?"

The question in response threw Baekhyun off. Why indeed? It was definitely something that was nagging him for a whole since Yixing had told him that Sehun had broken up with some about a month ago. The thought of Sehun dating and breaking up was something foreign to him, but it wasn't like Baekhyun was expecting Sehun to wait for him. Especially when he had rejected him half a decade ago.

However to protect whatever dignity Baekhyun had left, he leaned forward on the table to look at Sehun more closely. Ignoring the way his adams apple bobbed when he swallowed. "If we want to get a bit more serious about us," Baekhyun squealed internally about his use of 'us.' "Don't I deserve to know about your past a little bit?" Now this was quite a bull reason and Baekhyun could feel it in his gut. He feels like he just ed up.

Sehun thoughtfully stirred his bubble tea, taking the words of Baekhyun. He slowly nodded, carefully choosing his next words. "You want a number or something more...vague?” Sehun's going to regret this.

Baekhyun stares at the spinning tapioca pearls in Sehun's cup, feeling kind of bad for the abuse they were being put under. He figures that he can't lose anything by learning the specifications of Sehun's dating life. Baekhyun ends up throwing all caution to the wind and tells Sehun to give him a number.

Sehun nervously scratches the back of his neck. He couldn't give him the actual number right? Could he? He knows he should be honest, but the number of people he's dated even scares himself. Sehun begins to count all of people he remembers dating in his head he rubbed circles into his temples.

Baekhyun's beginning to get nervous at the extended silence Sehun is giving him. He knows that Sehun is pretty damn attractive, it doesn't surprise him that Sehun's dated around. But at the rate this silence is dragging on, he's starting to think it might be more than a few people he's dated.

Sehun folds his hands on the table and his tongue runs over his dry lips. He's done counting and he doesn't like the number he's racked up over the years.

"Before I say anything." Sehun reaches across the table to grab Baekhyun's hands. "Please do know that these are relationships that lasted at least three months."

Baekhyun's eyes widened at the statement. Three months? Sehun spent that long counting relationships that lasted at least three months. Baekhyun's surprised, yet he is not since Sehun is definitely someone people want to date. If those old ladies aren't a sign of his incredible bachelor abilities.

Sehun reluctantly lets go of Baekhyun's hands and wipes the sweat off on his jeans. He prays that Baekhyun won't go running when he tells him. "Eleven. Eleven people," he squeaks out. "Maybe around twenty if you get rid of the three months requirement." He adds in so quietly Baekhyun strained to hear, but still managed to catch the number.

Baekhyun swallows down the rising fear in his throat. "Twenty? Twenty." The number repeats in his head. He feels like he should be getting up and leaving. His brain is reasoning that if Sehun can't hold down one out of twenty relationships, what chance is their relationship going to last more than three months. Yet, he could honestly care less.

Sehun's starting to freak out at how silent Baekhyun is being. Maybe he shouldn't have told him the answer. Maybe he could have sugarcoated it? Oh who is he kidding. He can't sugarcoat his dating life. Jongin would probably rat him out and it and their relationship would go 'poof.' Just like how it is right now.

"Well." Sehun tenses up at the hesitant tone Baekhyun is using. "At least you told me the truth. Not a lot people do that on the second date." Sehun's wondering if he should be happy, but he doesn’t care. He’s flipping ecstatic at the moment. Baekhyun doesn't seem to be running out the door screaming at the immense number of people and he honestly finds that the best thing ever at the moment.


Baekhyun takes a sip from his drink and sets it down gently. "Your turn."

Sehun stares at him dumbly. "What?"

"Ask me a question. It's not fair if I interrogated you like that. Plus it gives us a chance to get to know each other. I don't think our first date allowed us to do that." They both grimaced at the memory of the frisbee incident.

"Your eye is looking a hell of lot better than it did on Wednesday." Sehun hovered his hand over Baekhyun's forehead, before setting it back down on the table when he realized what he was doing. Both of their cheeks were slightly pink as they sipped on the last of their drinks.

Sehun cleared his throat. "What about you?" Baekhyun hummed in response as he struggled to get the last of his tapioca pearls. "How many people have you dated?"

"Oh. Um." Baekhyun slowly placed his cup on the table. "Just one. And then there's a bunch of unsuccessful dates that I don't bother to keep track of."

Sehun wants to slap himself into oblivion and crawl under blankets to never come out. Of course Baekhyun hasn't dated around like him. He wasn't the one trying to get over a stupid high school crush for five years. Although he's a bit happy he didn't give it up cause then he wouldn't be sitting here right now. Even still, he wants to ask Baekhyun something else, just to make sure.

"Was Chanyeol the only person you dated?"

He froze at the sound of his best friend's name. "Y-Yeah. He's the only one I've ever dated." Baekhyun really wants to crawl in a hole and die. It's kind of really embarrassing to have only dated once in your entire lifetime. Even more embarrassing if it was in high school and with your best friend.

"Ah I see." Sehun pressed his lips into a thin line. "Are you still friends with him?"

"Yeah."

Now Sehun really can't help the feelings of jealousy that is rising up in his chest. He should've figured out when Baekhyun said that he dated only one person, that it was Chanyeol. He just didn't expect the two to still be friends. Of course there are people who end the relationship on a good note. Unfortunately for him, he never experienced that.

But he wasn't just jealous of the fact that the two stayed on good terms, he was also extremely scared. Wouldn't two ex's who broke up and stayed friends have a high chance of getting back together? It seemed pretty reasonable to Sehun.

"I get two questions now!" Baekhyun exclaimed when he saw the troubled face on Sehun. He didn't want this date to get anymore awkward than it already was. "You're still in college right?"

Sehun nodded at the sudden question. "What are you studying?"

"Um. Computer science and engineering."

Baekhyun's eyes widened at the answer. He suddenly feels incredibly stupid compared to Sehun as he only majored in music theory and that only got him a job in his friend's coffee shop and random music gigs. Maybe he should've taken up Jongdae's offer to work with him as a music teacher.

"My turn."

"What?! But I only asked you one question." Baekhyun pouted at Sehun and he had to hold back his laughter at how cute the elder was acting.

"You asked me if I was still in college," he raised one finger. "And what I'm studying." He raised up another finger with a cheeky smile. "That's two questions."


Baekhyun slouched with a unhappy pout on his face. Sehun only smiled at this. All thoughts of Chanyeol flew out the window at the sight of Baekhyun acting cute.

"That's cheating," Baekhyun muttered under his breath.

Sehun ignored his comment with a smile. "What'd you study in college?"

"Music theory," he mumbled. "Nothing like you. You smartass." He crossed his arms with a huff.

Sehun restrained a laugh by pressing his hand against his mouth. "I'm not that smart."

"Says the one who was valedictorian of his class," Baekhyun retorted.

Sehun's eyebrows raised in interest. "You remembered I told you that?" He leaned forward on the table to get a closer look at the reddening Baekhyun.

"I'm not that stupid. I can remember something as simple as that. Hmph." Baekhyun continued his little act of being a little bratty. It seemed to work well since Sehun didn't look as troubled as he did earlier.

"Never said you were." Sehun leaned his hand as he propped his elbow up on the table. "Your turn?"

Baekhyun tapped his chin in thought. "How do you know Jongin and Yixing?" This question had been bugging him ever since their little meeting back at the auditorium where the showcase was held.

"Jongin's been my best friend since we were like..." Sehun thought for a second. "Like fourth grade or something. I met Yixing through Jongin when I went to check out their dance studio. How'd you meet Yixing?"

Baekhyun internally sighed in relief when Sehun said that he and Jongin were best friends. But then again, Chanyeol and him were best friends....


He shook the thought off and answered back. "He's dating my best friend, Jongdae, if you haven't noticed already." Oh, Sehun noticed alright. "But we first met in my sophomore year of high school. We had the same music class. I was also the one who set him and Jongdae up." Baekhyun smiled at the achievement of successfully setting up his two friends.
 

"Oh really? Seems like Yixing is paying the favor back then." Sehun picked up all their trash and walked away to throw them out.

Baekhyun sat there as he took in Sehun's words.

He guesses Yixing is paying him back in a way.


 



A/N: Whhaaat? Another update? This fast? Yeah! To make up for being two weeks late on the last I spat this out over the weekend. I hope you guys enjoy it!