Welcome Back?

Newsflash

Sehun sat in the chair texting with a large smile as Luhan fixed up his hair. Occasionally Luhan glances down at Sehun's phone, smiling to himself each time he sees the same name pop up. Sehun can't help his own smiles either.

 

"I assume these last few dates have been good," Luhan comments as he brushes his wrist with some foundation before applying it to Sehun's face.

 

Sehun just hums as he taps in another response on his phone. Luhan rolls his eyes at the lack of a response. "Hurry up and say goodbye lover boy. You're up in five."




 

Baekhyun pouted down at his last text from Sehun that was staying he'll talk to him later since he's going on soon. He guesses he'll just have to deal with watching him on tv. Which doesn't sound creepy. At all.

 

But unfortunately he can't even do that since he's sitting in his car at the airport waiting for Chanyeol to get his off of the plane and out of the airport and into his car. And the faster he does that, the faster he can get home to watch Sehun. Yup. Totally not creepy.

 

He cheers inside his head when he hears his trunk open and slam shut. Chanyeol slips inside the car and Baekhyun immediately starts the car up.

 

"Long time no see to you too," Chanyeol says as he straps himself in.

 

"Yeah yeah hello. It's not like we don't see each other." Baekhyun rolls his eyes and pulls out of his parking spot.

 

Chanyeol pulls his phone out of his backpack as he makes himself comfortable in his seat. "But it's been so long since we've seen each other."

 

"We had a video call like last night," Baekhyun raises an eyebrow at Chanyeol. "Remember? You called me when you found rat poop in your room and you just had to show me."

 

Chanyeol laughed loudly and clutched his stomach at the memory. "Your face was amazing when I showed you." He wiped away a tear while Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his friend.

 

The two sat in silence, occasionally Chanyeol would receive a text and he would respond without a word.

 

It wasn't until the two were almost at Chanyeol's apartment complex did Chanyeol decide to break their silence.

 

"So how are you and Sehun?"

 

Baekhyun quickly glanced at his friend. Shifting in his seat uncomfortably at the sudden question. "We're doing pretty good. Why do you ask?"

 

"Just making sure. He did give you that black eye not too long ago."

 

Baekhyun groaned at the memory. "It wasn't his fault. I already explained it to you already. It was some who threw the frisbee and I just happened to be in the path of the frisbee. Nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't Sehun's fault if that's what you're thinking."

 

Chanyeol raised his hands in innocence. "Wasn't saying that. Just want to make sure you're not making a mistake."

 

Baekhyun pulled up to the curb in front of his apartment complex and parked the car. "What do you mean mistake?"

 

Chanyeol got out of the car without answering and Baekhyun hastily unbuckled his seatbelt to get an answer from him. He stood right next his car as he watched Chanyeol take out his luggage.

 

"Chanyeol. What do you mean mistake?" Baekhyun pressed on and Chanyeol let out an exasperated sigh as he closed the trunk.

 

"Baekhyun, he's a playboy. You told me how he dated around. Twenty people in five years? That's ridiculous and you know it."

 

Baekhyun stiffened at the mention of all the people Sehun dated. "He told the truth. Isn't that worth it?"

 

Chanyeol ran a hand threw his hair with a sigh. "Yes he told the truth. But what if you become ex number twenty one? I understand you like him, but he never held down a relationship before and you expect him to do that with you?"

 

Baekhyun shrunk into himself at Chanyeol's comment. He did have a point, but Baekhyun didn't want to listen to reasoning. "People change..."

 

Chanyeol let out another annoyed sigh. "His last relationship ended almost two months ago. It's been two months since you two started hanging out. How do you do you know he won't end it when month three rolls around? Baekhyun. I just don't want you to get hurt that's all." He picked up his luggage and began to walk up to his apartment. Chanyeol turned around before he entered. "Just think about it Baek."

 

Chanyeol walked into the apartment lobby, leaving Baekhyun to think about their conversation. He leaned against his car door and ruffled his hair up in frustration.

 

He hated it when Chanyeol was right.




 

Baekhyun sat across from a fuming Jongdae and a sheepish (and shirtless) Yixing on their bed.

 

"How do you always manage to us?!" Jongdae angrily whispered when Yixing left to put on a shirt.

 

Baekhyun clapped his hands together in apology. "I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you guys somehow."

 

Jongdae scoffed as Yixing crawled back onto the bed to lean against Jongdae.

 

"Is something wrong Baek?" Yixing asked as he snuggled into Jongdae's shoulder.

 

Baekhyun nodded and hung his head. "Chanyeol asked me if getting together with Sehun is a mistake."

 

Yixing sat up straight and leaned forward. "What do you mean? Baekhyun?"

 

"You know how Sehun dated around right?" The couple nodded. Baekhyun twiddled around with his fingers as he remembered Chanyeol’s words. "Chanyeol said that he was a playboy, probably still is, and he said Sehun's just gonna dump me."

 

A stifling silence filled the room.

 

"What the ? What the literal ?!" Baekhyun flinched at how loud Jongdae's voice was. While Yixing just took Jongdae's tone in stride. "I ing bet you he's still not over your breakup in high school. That little pissy ."

 

Baekhyun wasn't sure how to respond, he just sat with his mouth opening and closing like a goldfish.

 

Jongdae sat there muttering profanities with Yixing looking at him with worry in his eyes.

 

"B-But Chanyeol was the one who broke it off. Why would he not be over it? Shouldn't I be not over it?" Baekhyun wasn't sure where Jongdae was coming from.

 

Jongdae let out a sigh and crossed his arms. "I told him to break up with you."

 

"You did?!" Yixing and Baekhyun simultaneously shouted.

 

"Yes. I did." Jongdae gritted his teeth to prevent himself from lashing out. "I did it because you," he pointed at Baekhyun. "You didn't seem to be happy dating him so I suggested that he should break it off before you went off and broke his heart."

 

"Weren't you the one who got them together? " Yixing questioned. Jongdae looked at Yixing with a guilty look in his eyes.

 

Jongdae dropped his hands in his lap and nodded. "I did. I did it to help Chanyeol. I'm sorry I never took your feelings into account Baekhyun."

 

"That's fine. I could honestly care less about that right now." Baekhyun waved the thought away and looked down at his lap. "To be honest I'm more worried about Sehun. What Chanyeol's right? What if....what if he does break it off with me?" The last part becoming no louder than a whisper.

 

"Sehun's a good kid." Yixing thought for a second before continuing. "Yeah he's broken up and gotten together with a lot of people, but to be quite honest I've seen him get dumped more often than him doing the dumping."

 

"Really?" Baekhyun stared at him with wide eyes as Yixing nodded.

 

"Yeah. He even got slapped by a few girls he dated. I think he broke it off with them at the time. Now that I think about he only broke it off with the girls. Guys dumped him more often than him."

 

Baekhyun stopped listening when he heard Yixing say that Sehun dated girls. So he dated girls...well. That was probably one question he should have asked during their second date.

 

"I don't think Sehun's a playboy. He seems more like a guy who can't get people to stay with him," Jongdae concluded. "Maybe once they get past that honeymoon phase," Jongdae put air quotes around honeymoon phase. "They can't deal with the so-called real Sehun."

 

"What so-called real Sehun?" Baekhyun asked, more confused than ever.

 

"You know how you get to know someone, they get more comfortable with you and start showing you their true colors. Like how you act really cutesy with him, but in reality you're a damn slob who can't clean to save his life."

 

"I am not," Baekhyun huffed and crossed his arms.

 

Jongdae looked at him like he was stupid and Yixing just shrugged with a sheepish smile.

 

"I don't think you should worry about Sehun too much. He seems pretty smitten with you," Yixing mentioned.

 

Jongdae nods at Yixing's statement. "Yeah. I mean unless he starts to ignore you out of nowhere then I'd start worrying."

 

"Why?" Baekhyun tilts his head in questioning.

 

"Isn't that like one of the signs that someone's going to break up with you? I mean I wouldn't know. And neither would Yixing." Jongdae smiles at Yixing and he smiled back at as they bumped their foreheads together. Baekhyun fake gags at their show of affection and Jongdae sticks his tongue out at him. He rolls his eyes as they continue their sickening shows of affection.

 

Baekhyun isn't sure if he wants to be friends with these people anymore. Even if they do give good relationship advice.




 

Sehun slipped his bag strap over his head as he checked for any new messages from Baekhyun. He frowned when he saw that Baekhyun's talk to you later message from a few hours ago was still there.

 

He's about to leave when he hears someone running after him. Sehun turns around and finds one of the station's writers, Junmyeon, running after him.

 

"Is something wrong hyung?" He hands the out of breath man the water from his bag and Junmyeon takes it gratefully.

 

Junmyeon takes a few large gulps and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "Mr. Lee wants to talk to you. In his office. Now."

 

Sehun frowns when his phone decides to vibrate at the moment. He glances down and sees that it's a call from Baekhyun.

 

He looks at the flustered Junmyeon and then back to his phone. "Is it urgent?"

 

"Extremely." Junmyeon has this fire in his eyes that makes Sehun sigh in resignation. He reluctantly presses the red button and puts the phone into his back pocket, making a mental reminder to text Baekhyun an apology when he's done.

 

"Alright. I'll head ove-" Before he could finish his sentence, Junmyeon grabs his arm and runs with Sehun tripping over his own feet right behind him.

 

They make it to Mr. Lee's office in no time and Sehun decides he needs to find time to work out again. "Good luck." Junmyeon salutes him and runs down the hallway.

 

Sehun straightens out his shirt and hair before he knocks on the door. A muffled 'come in' sounds and he cracks the door open. He walks inside and gently shuts the door behind him.

 

Mr. Lee is not a very tall man from what Sehun remembers from his first meeting, but his entire demeanor spoke authority. And he could feel the fire in his aura from where stood at the door.

 

His boss smiled at him and motioned him to take a seat in a plush leather chair in front of his desk.

 

Sehun could feel himself sink lower and lower into the chair. He wants to cry at the prospect sitting in such an expensive seat. In happiness or sadness, he doesn't know.

 

Being a college student make a you wanna cry every time there's an expensive item in the room.

 

Mr. Lee smiles at him and Sehun could hear the ticking of the clock in the room mock him as he cracks a smile back.

 

"You must be wondering why I called you in here." Sehun nods and glances at the computer screen on Mr. Lee's desk. He notices an email open and he's able to see a few words before Mr. Lee brings his attention back with a cough.

 

The room suddenly feels like it's closing in on him as the words he read swirls around in his mind. We're sorry to inform We'resorrytoinforminformWe'resorrytoinforminformWe'resorrytoinforminformWe'resorrytoinforminformWe'resorrytoinforminformWe'resorrytoinform-

 

"Sehun ever since you began your replacement job for Mr. Kim, the station's been doing considerably better." Sehun nodded along dumbly, not knowing where this was going. "Unfortunately for Mr. Kim his health took a turn for the worst and the higher ups decided it would be best for him to retire early and rest. I hope you know where this is going." Sehun shook his head slowly, making Mr. Lee chuckle. "Sehun I would like to make your temporary position into something permanent."

 

Sehun's eyes practically popped out when he heard Mr. Lee's statement. He turned his ear toward him. "Come again?"

 

Mr. Lee just smiled patiently. "I would like to give you a promotion in simpler terms. Would you like to work permanently as a news anchor for this station?"

 

Sehun's jaw dropped and he sputtered out nonsense as everything finally sunk in. Mr. Lee just patiently watched Sehun's small explosion.

 

"B-B-But Mr. Lee, you can't possibly hire a college student?" Sehun gripped the edge of the dark wooden desk as he leaned forward.

 

"I'm the boss. I can do what I want, can't I?"

 

"Well yeah, but-"

 

Mr. Lee raised a hand to stop him from talking. "I'll give you until Friday to think about it. I hope you make the right decision Sehun." He smiled at Sehun and Sehun could feel the threats radiating off of his boss.

 

He nodded and immediately left the room. Sehun leaned against the wall next to the door as his knees felt like jelly from his conversation.

 

He thinks that Baekhyun might help him make a decision and he reaches for his back pocket.

 

Sehun's heart drops and as he begins to feel around his pockets and body for his phone. A cold sweat runs down his back when he realizes he must've dropped it when Junmyeon dragged him over here.

 

He doesn't know why he has such a bad feeling looming over him.

 



A/N: Hi! Yanno I really wanted to get this chapter out on like Thursday, but then school happened and I conked out. Not to mention I caught a cold! Ahahaha.....so if there are any errors, I apologize. I get really spacey when I'm sick. Either way, this chapter was like a blast to write so I hope you enjoy it!