All Is Well

Newsflash

It's strange how one situation ends up being completely different with just a few words, Sehun thought.

 

The small fiasco at Baekhyun's apartment ended with Baekhyun calming down, to an extent, and the three of them sitting in a booth at Minseok's cafe. Really strange, Sehun thinks again. Then again, he's pretty happy it didn't end up being a complete disaster. It was close, but it didn't make it that far. Which he was glad about. Although it didn't end up like he wanted, they all made it out with nothing broken.

 

Well maybe except his mental sanity. But otherwise he's all good.

 

"Do I have to join this?" Jongdae walked up to the table with hesitant steps. "I get that you're all-"

 

"Sit down," Baekhyun demanded and Jongdae immediately took a seat next to Baekhyun with no more comments.

 

Even now and then, Sehun could feel Chanyeol glancing at him out of the corner of his eye. He really wanted to sit next to Baekhyun, of course he didn't let him and stuck him next to Chanyeol. He wants to cry.

 

They sat in silence, even when Minseok came by to place their orders on the table. He gave a questioning look to Jongdae, but all he got was a shrug.

 

Even with steaming cups of coffee in front of them, no one dared to break the suffocating silence. It was mainly because Baekhyun was glaring holes into Chanyeol's head while staring at the rising steam. It seemed like Jongdae and Sehun were the only ‘sane’ ones, in their minds of course.

 

“Explain. Both of you,” Baekhyun croaked out, voice sounding like it was close to crying.

 

Jongdae hesitated, but the look from Chanyeol made him change his mind. Instead he slouched next to Baekhyun with conflicting emotions on his face.

 

“There's nothing to explain,” Chanyeol said.

 

“No,” Baekhyun shook his head. “There's plenty to say. Now explain.”

 

“Chanyeol told me not to tell you!” Jongdae blurted out.

 

“Jongdae!” Chanyeol slammed a hand in the table, rattling all of the cups and almost giving Sehun a heart attack.

 

“I'm sorry!” Jongdae cried out. He turned to Baekhyun and pleaded. “Baekhyun. I wanted to tell you and when you guys dated, you never looked happy or in love. I told Chanyeol to break up with you and you looked ten times happier and I just wanted it to stay that way. And when Chanyeol told me he wanted to get you back, I couldn't tell you!

 

“How could I tell you that when you didn't see Chanyeol in that way? I tried to help Chanyeol all these years and then he went off to get that stupid corporate job and started doing business trips and adult things you and I wouldn't dream of doing.

 

“And then when Sehun popped back up, I really thought that could be your chance to be happy with someone romantically and with Chanyeol being out of the country ten months out of the year, I thought it would work! And then dumbo here decided he wanted to come back early when he heard about your relationship, I wanted to tell you. Warn you, get you to slap some sense into him before he did something stupid and this is where it got us!”

 

Jongdae held his head in his hands as he gently rocked back and forth in his seat. “I'm sorry. I wanted to help the both of you and all this crap happens. It's all my fault I should've just told you. If I told you, you wouldn't be doubting Sehun or fighting with Chanyeol o-or dealing with all this crap.”

 

Baekhyun placed a gentle hand on Jongdae's shoulder before pulling him into a hug. “It's not your fault. It was never your fault Jongdae.” He rubbed soothing down Jongdae's back as he glanced over at the pensive Chanyeol. “Its Chanyeol's fault. He's the one being the big baby here.

 

“You were only trying to help and you got stuck in the middle,” Baekhyun pressed a small kiss to his temple as he felt his shoulder become damp.

 

Sehun was speechless at all that was occurring before him. Chanyeol liking Baekhyun, kind of expected. He can't think of any reason why someone would dislike Baekhyun.

 

Jongdae becoming the middle man who got stuck in between his other best friends, definitely expected, just never expected that it had taken a toll on him like that. He wished he was a bit closer to Jongdae to be able to go over and give him a hug.

 

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun looked at him with tired eyes. “Please just explain. I'm not going to ridicule you. All I want is your side of the story. That's all I’m asking for.”

 

“I'm just a selfish who wanted you for myself,” Chanyeol sighed out, sounding more than just tired. “I didn't want to break up with you because I had just finally got you. But when Jongdae told me you weren't happy, I did it. After that I just made a promise to myself that I would make you fall in love with me.

 

“Of course years and years passed, but your feelings never changed. I was the one who told Jongdae who to set you up with. Those were just people I met when I went around to do business and if they weirded me out, I assumed they would do the same to you. I wanted to deter you away from dating while I tried to change your mind about me.

 

“But then Yixing comes up to say he got a guy for you. I thought it would be one of his stuck up dancer friends. But no he got,” he looked over at Sehun with disdain in his eyes. “He got that.”

Sehun made a face at the comment and Baekhyun looked like he wanted to say something, but decided against it as Chanyeol continued talking.

 

“I thought I'd be able to do something to your relationship. He did say he dated around a lot, I thought I could convince you to break off your relationship and we see how that ended up.” Chanyeol let out a tired sigh. “I'm sorry. I was an immature brat-”

 

“You were more than an immature brat,” Jongdae mumbled loud enough for the entire table to hear. Chanyeol grimaced and hung his head.

 

“I know I was. Still am.” Chanyeol lifted his head and turned his body toward Sehun. “I am so sorry for what I've done. I can't take back any of my words. But I hope you can forgive me.”

 

Sehun put a hand on his shoulder and awkwardly patted him in an attempt at comforting him. “I didn't really care to be honest with you.”

 

“Sehun!” Baekhyun cried out in disbelief.

 

He raised his hands in defense. “It's the truth! Plenty of people criticized me already and he was just another person added onto that list.”

 

Baekhyun frowned and Jongdae patted his hand as he wiped his nose with a napkin. “I think. I think this ended up being a lot worse than it needed,” Jongdae commented while taking a sip of his coffee. He stuck out his tongue as the bitterness covered his tongue. “And whoever ordered coffee is getting a slap on the head.”

 

No one said anything, but they watched as Chanyeol slowly went to cover his head with his hands. Jongdae immediately leaned over the table and smacked his head with a large grin.

 

Jongdae plopped back into his seat as he bursted out laughing. Chanyeol broke out into a smile as he watched Jongdae laugh. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a small smile on Baekhyun's face. The smile dropped and placed his hands back into his lap.

 

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol whispered making all of the attention focus into him as the laughter died down. “I truly am sorry.”

 

Baekhyun glanced at Sehun with some hesitation written on his face. Sehun gave him an encouraging smiling and he turned to look at Chanyeol. “I-I understand why you did everything you did. I still hate it. But you have to promise me that you won't do it again.”

 

Chanyeol enthusiastically nodded his head. “I promise. If I do something bad you have my full permission to smack me on the head like Jongdae.”

 

“Deal,” Baekhyun immediately broke out into a smile.

 

Jongdae gave a soft smile and stood up from the table. He walked over to Chanyeol and pulled him up from his seat. “Now that's sorted out. Let's leave the lovebirds to themselves to deal with what they need to deal with what since you came between them.”

 

Jongdae dragged Chanyeol out of the cafe before he could protest anything. He shoved Chanyeol out the door and before he left he sent a wink over to where Sehun and Baekhyun still sat.

 

The little bell over the door rung once more when Jongdae left and the two could finally let out a sigh of relief.

 

“We have stuff to deal with?” Sehun asked as he poured the coffee creamer into his coffee. He gestures to Baekhyun if he wanted any and Baekhyun nodded his head. He leaned over to pour it in as Baekhyun watched with tired eyes.

 

Baekhyun shrugged to Sehun's question as he watched him tear open sugar packets and pour them in his cup. “I guess there some stuff we should deal with. I have a question though.”

 

“Hit me,” Sehun said as he took a sip of coffee.

 

Baekhyun began to tear open a few sugar packets and lazily held it over his cup to pour it in, not caring about the stray sugar crystals he knew that bothered Minseok.

 

“Why were you so intent on making me and Chanyeol make up? I mean you're my boyfriend, I thought you would take this opportunity to kick him out and live peacefully with me,” Baekhyun shrugged as he dropped the paper packets on the table and picked up the cup to hold it against his lips. “My view of a boyfriend is different than yours but still.”

 

The two sipped their coffee in silence before a small clinking of a cup to its saucer interrupted their silence.

 

“Well,” Sehun started. “I don't like Chanyeol. But I already said this before, you two are like two peas in a pod. You were different when you weren't friends with Chanyeol.”

 

“Really?” Baekhyun asked as he set his cup on its saucer. “I was?”

 

Sehun nodded and tilted his cup to lead into the leftover coffee. “You got all spacey and quiet. I don't like that. I'm not much of a talker and don't go mentioning my job that's a different story.” Sehun smiled at Baekhyun's pouty face when he didn't get the chance to bring up his job.

 

“Your personality wasn't there in simpler terms. And I like you because of your personality.”

 

“Not because of my good looks?” Baekhyun gave an innocent smile as he cutely tilted his head.

 

Sehun let out a soft laugh and smiled as he lifted the cup back to his lips. “There's that too. But there is one more thing.”

 

Baekhyun hummed in response as he finished off his coffee. His tongue swept out to catch some excess on his lips, momentarily distracting Sehun.

 

Sehun shook his head to rid of any unnecessary thoughts and placed his cup down with a slightly shaky hand. “Chanyeol kind of reminded me of how I was in high school. Weird right?”  

 

“High school? What do you mean by that?” Baekhyun asked, disbelief laced in his tone.

 

“Well. When I found out you and Chanyeol were dating I kind of wanted to throw him off a cliff so I could get a chance with you. Even if he was the nicest person in the world; I just wanted you for myself. Of course I think I handled the situation a lot better than he did. Even if I did date like twenty people in the process.

 

“I wanted you two to make up because I did feel kind of bad for him. I know what it's like to have the person you like to be in a relationship with someone else.”

 

“But still,” Baekhyun pouted. “He had his chance in high school. If he liked me so much then he should've just stayed with me. Who knows what could've happened if he didn't do that. I could have fallen in love with him and not be here with you right now.” Baekhyun's tone had turned snarky and it was making Sehun smile more than he wanted.

 

“Fate is a weird thing don’t ya think?” Sehun took Baekhyun's hand and intertwined their fingers with small smile.

 

Baekhyun hummed as he rocked their hands back and forth over the table, watching with fond eyes. “It worked out perfectly for us, didn't it?”

 

Sehun gave Baekhyun a small smile and ever so slightly tightened his grip on Baekhyun's hand. “I don't think I would have it any other way.”

 

“Neither would I.”




 

“What do you think is going on?”

 

“What are they talking about?”

 

A chorus of shushes silenced Sehun and Baekhyun. Luhan and Jongdae gave a final glare at the pair before peering back over the top of the booth to where another pair of their friends were sitting at a table next to the windows at the front of the cafe.

 

A poor Minseok watched from the counter as he watched his boyfriend and his friends spy on another date.

 

“Is this how it feels when you guys spy on us?” Sehun muttered under his breath as he slouched down in his seat. Baekhyun watched in amusement at how Sehun was acting.

 

“Eh whatever. Not like we'll be doing this again,” Baekhyun shrugged and tugged on Sehun's sleeve to let him lean against him. Sehun sighed in contentment as he leaned his head on Baekhyun's chest.

 

“Good because you two at spying,” Jongdae muttered as he moved the plant's leaves to block his face when he noticed they turned to where they were.

 

Baekhyun and Sehun simultaneous raised an eyebrow. “What about you?” They asked at the same time.

 

Luhan and Jongdae plopped back into their seats with a sigh. “Ugh at this rate Chanyeol will be getting married when he's eighty with a thousand cats to take care of.”

 

“I feel kinda bad for Jongin,” Luhan said as he peered around the edge of the booth to get a glance at the two. He turned back around with a crooked smile. “He seems to be having fun teasing him though.”

 

“That's Jongin for sure,” Sehun mumbled as he bit into the pretzel stick that Baekhyun placed near his mouth. Baekhyun finished the half that Sehun didn't eat, making Jongdae voice out his disgust with fake gagging noises.

 

Luhan merely smiled at the interactions between the two.

 

Although it was kind of weird to have them be so open about skinship. It wasn't everyday you saw Sehun laying on Baekhyun's chest allowing him to feed him every so often. Luhan wished he could take pictures to blackmail Sehun with.

 

“But do you really think the two of them would work out? I mean we are throwing Chanyeol into the dating world out of nowhere,” Baekhyun mumbled as he carded his fingers through Sehun's hair.

 

Jongdae waved that notion away with a click of his tongue. “He told me himself he wanted to get over you and he decided the best way to do that would be dating. If it doesn't work out, I got Yixing to do some set ups since I seem so bad at setting up blind dates.”

 

“Sehun and I hit it off pretty quickly unlike with your dates,” Baekhyun ate another pretzel with a huff, causing Sehun to smile.

 

“It was Chanyeol's fault!” Jongdae sneered as he crossed his arms with a deep frown.

 

Baekhyun ignored Jongdae to feed Sehun another pretzel with a large grin.

 

“You two are so disgustingly sweet,” Jongdae faked tagged again and Luhan’s itch to take pictures was growing by the minute. “Dude. Go get a room or something,” Jongdae practically yelled when Sehun offered Baekhyun a pretzel that hung from his lips.

 

Baekhyun merely blushed and broke off half of the pretzel and ate it that way. Sehun ate the remaining pretzel with a small pout and Luhan just couldn't help himself when he snapped a quick photo on his phone, cursing to himself when he saw the blurry photo.

 

Sehun smirked when he saw Luhan practically curse at his phone. He knew that Luhan snapped pictures of him with Baekhyun and let's just say he was happy to figure out his phone password one day.

 

Everyone seemed to be preoccupied to the point that they didn’t notice Chanyeol walk over to their table until he slammed his hands onto the table, making everyone jump up in surprise.

 

“What do I do?!” Chanyeol rolled back and forth on the balls of his feet as he rapidly tapped the table.

 

Jongdae propped his head up in the palm of his hand with his elbow propped up on the table. “Do you not know what to do on a date or-”

 

“I think I like him. This is very weird and I don't understand,” Chanyeol interrupted Jongdae causing him to frown at him. “I haven't felt like this in forever.”

 

Baekhyun clapped with a large smile. “Yay! You're doing it! You're moving on! Now get your back to your date!” He pumped a fist up in the air to celebrate Chanyeol's milestone.

 

“Make sure you're legitimately moving on otherwise you're gonna end up like me,” Sehun commented. He looked up in thought for a second. “Don't end up like me hyung.”

 

Chanyeol ignored Sehun and grabbed Luhan’s shoulder, looking into his eyes very intensely. “Tell me. What does he like?”

 

Luhan pried his hand off of his shoulder with a deadly smile. From the corner of his eye, Sehun thought he saw Minseok squeeze whatever was in his hand with so much force it exploded, scaring the girl he was taking an order from. Sehun figured he should never get on Minseok’s bad side.

 

“Don't touch me without permission,” Luhan tilted his head to the side with the same unnerving smile, but Chanyeol doesn't seem to understand the underlying death threat radiating from Luhan. “If you want information on Jongin, you'd probably want to go to him.”

 

Luhan gestured toward Sehun and then gently picked up his cup of coffee to take a sip. Chanyeol looked from Luhan to Sehun a couple of times before he made a disgusted face at Sehun.

 

“I thought we were past all that crap,” Sehun complained as he tilted his head up to look at Baekhyun, who only shrugged in response. Which helped no one.

 

“Help me with Jongin and you'll have my goddamn blessing,” Chanyeol begged, even getting into his knees as he gripped the edge of the table. “Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease-”

 

“Oh my god shut up. I'll help you,” Sehun got off of Baekhyun and sat up in his space on the cushioned bench. He sighed when Chanyeol squeezed himself into the small space next to Sehun. If he was squeezed into the booth any further, he'd have to sit on Baekhyun's lap. Or Baekhyun would have to sit on his lap. Preferably Baekhyun would be in his lap but that is not the issue right now, Sehun tells himself.

 

“What does he like?”

 

“Dancing and dogs.”

 

“What kind of dancing and dogs?”

 

“Whatever kind of dancing and dogs he has.”

 

“Alright then. His major?”

 

“Business.”

 

“Business? Why?”

 

“So he can manage his own studio when he's older.”

 

“Ahhh okay. Favorite food?”

 

“Chicken.”

 

“What kind of chicken?”

 

“Chicken.”

 

“What?”

 

The constant questions continued for another minute before Chanyeol darted off when he saw Jongin leave the restroom. Sehun immediately found his position against Baekhyun's chest when Chanyeol finally left.

 

“That was tiring?” Baekhyun questioned as he threaded his fingers through the younger's caramel colored hair.

 

“Very,” Sehun sighed as he melted under the soothing motions going through his hair. “And I still have work to go to later…”

 

“I can't believe they didn't go through with your request,” Baekhyun frowned and Sehun shrugged. “Don't they understand the struggle of a college student?”

 

“The struggle of a college student debt is even worse than any workload our professors dump onto us,” Sehun said. He intertwined their hands together and he smiled at how their hands seemed to fit perfectly together. “Plus I'm graduating early so it's not like it'll be too much trouble. Don't worry too much.”

 

“You start school next week, of course I'm gonna worry,” Baekhyun frowned and tapped his forehead with his free hand.

 

“They're practically in their own little bubble,” Jongdae noted as he watched the couple continue their conversation, taking no notice of the others at the table.

 

Luhan shrugged and took another sip of his coffee. “Let them be in their bubble. It's the longest it's ever gone without having it being bursted by Chanyeol. Plus it's kind of cute how infatuated they are with each other.”

 

Jongdae scratched the back of his head and sighed. “I guess. Although they are ten times worse than me and Yixing and that takes a lot.”

 

Luhan shrugged with a smile. “Whatever. Let them be. Soon enough they won't get to be near each other.”

 

“Don't you feel kinda lonely when you watch them?” Jongdae asked, feeling like he can see hearts coming from the couple in front of them. “I know I miss Yixing when I watch them like this.”

 

Luhan can only smile and shake his head. He turned to look where Minseok is standing and catches his attention with a small wave. Luhan felt happiness swell in his chest when Minseok waved back at him with a smile adorning his features. “I think I'm good for now.”

 

Jongdae fake gags again when he can practically see the sparkles in Luhan’s eyes. “I think I understand how you all feel around me and Yixing.”

 

“Glad we've come to an understanding.” Luhan smiled mockingly at him.

 

Jongdae returned the smile before returning to his drink. “Not like I'm gonna stop though.”

 

“Is that a challenge?”

 

“Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.”

 

The two looked at each with fire in their eyes as they raised their cups to their mouths. However their attention was ripped from each other to the two in front of them when Baekhyun let out a high pitched squeal.

 

“Nooooo stoooop Sehun!” Baekhyun cried out as Sehun continued to poke his sides. He tried his best to slap away his hands, but was failing miserably.


Luhan and Jongdae couldn't help but smile at the interactions between the two. Even if it did make them want to gag.


 



A/N: I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween! To be honest with you, I wanted to upload this yesterday, but I decided why not give you a longer chapter so I did just that! A day later than my usual, but it's kinda longer than my usual. And sadly, I think Newsflash is going to be ending in a few chapters. But let's think about that when the time comes. I hope you guys enjoyed this chaper!