Well Surprise Surprise

Newsflash

It was Saturday night and Baekhyun was at the shared apartment of Jongdae and Yixing. He was currently in the bathroom running gel through his hair as Jongdae was behind him brushing his hair back.

"Did you tell Chanyeol about your date?" Jongdae had a knowing smirk as his face as Baekhyun glared at him in the mirror.

Baekhyun jutted his lips out in a pout as he washed the gel off of his hands. "He even wanted to video call. Let's just say he wants to go to the park when he gets back."

Jongdae cackled and Baekhyun just rolled his eyes. He left Jongdae in the bathroom and found Yixing going through the motions of his dance.

"Excited Yixing?" Baekhyun asked, walking into the kitchen to get a glass of water.  

Yixing stopped dancing and smiled brightly. Baekhyun walked to the doorway of the kitchen with a cup to his lips. "Yeah!! I really enjoyed learning it and I think it's interesting enough to get people's attention."

Baekhyun smiled softly behind his cup of water. "Anything you dance is definitely interesting enough to watch. Just don't attract too much attention otherwise Jongdae is going to get all whiny again."

Yixing chuckled and grinned at Baekhyun. "I'd figured Jongdae would have gotten used to people trying to talk to me after the shows."

"Don't think he'll ever get used to it," Baekhyun shrugged as he finished off his water and quickly went to stick the cup into the sink.

"I don't plan on it~" Jongdae sang as he walked across the hall to go the bedroom.

Yixing laughed while Baekhyun smiled. "It's actually kind of nice to see him get a bit jealous," Yixing confessed as he washed the remaining dishes from lunch. Baekhyun stopped messing around with the flying bubbles from his position next to Yixing.

"Really?" He stared at Yixing with wide eyes and his hands buried in the soapy water.

Yixing's face became a light pink as he bowed his head once in a nod. "It's nice being all lovey dovey with him, but a little change is nice once in awhile. It's like I would make him jealous all the time, but it's kinda cute how he's whining for attention for a while." Yixing washed his hands with a smile as Baekhyun kept his hands in the water with a dumbstruck look on his face.

Yixing was about to walk out of the kitchen when he stopped himself a t the entrance to say another tolling to Baekhyun. " Don't tell Jongdae. Oh and can you please dump the soapy water out? Thank you Baekkie." He waved his hand as he left the kitchen.

Baekhyun dumped the water into the sink and watched it swirl into the drain. He pursed his lips together as he thought deeply about something. "Jealously...huh..."





Sehun waited around backstage, a towering figure wearing a black beanie, dark sunglasses, and a white mask causing everybody to stare at him as they walked past. He sighed at all the stares he was getting, but there was an even larger chance that people would be staring at him if he didn't wear the hat, sunglasses, and mask. Plus some might even come up to him if he were to show his face.

Jongin had told him after his first tv appearance, he had the popularity of an idol and he needed to realize that. He waved the idea off, but when he went to work the next day, people had whispered, took pictures, and tried their hardest to try to get a chance to talk to him.

He just didn't realize that hiding his face would be the best option, unfortunately it was the beginning of summer and the more he hid his face the more suspicious it got. Without the disguise, more and more people approached him. For example the elderly ladies that he sometimes find quite nice and sometimes cute in their old lady way, were now the most irritating people he had met in his life. He cannot enjoy anything without old ladies coming up to him to ask him to meet their granddaughters or daughters.

Such as his date with Baekhyun. Sure, the frisbee to the eye was pretty brutal, but before that at the restaurant and on the way to the park, he was stopped a total of fifteen times. FIFTEEN. Not too mention all of the stares he got and the whispers he heard. It made him uncomfortable and he was pretty sure Baekhyun was as well.

But tonight he was going to make an effort. He had heard from Luhan who heard from Jongin who was told by Yixing that Baekhyun was going to the dance showcase Jongin and Yixing were performing in today. And Sehun is determined to surprise Baekhyun and take him out on an improv date. Hopefully one that doesn't have any frisbees and old ladies.

He was going to get this date right even if it killed him. He waited too long for this to let this chance go.

Sehun glanced at his watch and saw that it was nearing seven o'clock, just a bit longer until the showcase would begin.

"Security is going to start kicking people out. So get your sketchy out of here and into the audience," Jongin told him as he dabbed beads of sweat from his forehead.

Sehun nodded and patted his friend in the shoulder for good luck.

Jongin turned around to call out to him, "Yixing told me they were sitting in the middle seats."

He turned around and gave him a thumbs up before running to leave the backstage.

Sehun slowly weaved through the crowds of people looking for seats, he strained to look for a familiar light haired boy within the crowds and among the people who were sitting already.

With a sigh, he plopped into a random seat and made himself comfortable. Well as comfortable as he could with the girl sitting next to him whispering to her friend.

He decided the sunglasses weren't helping his eyesight in the already dark auditorium, plus his contacts were making him miss his glasses dearly.

Sehun tucked the sunglasses into his pocket just as two people sat in front of him.

"When's Yixing's group going up?" Sehun's ears perked up at the familiar voice and craned his neck slightly, trying to avoid the personal bubble of the man sitting next to him.

He bit his bottom lip to stop himself from laughing in delight when he saw the same button nose and droopy eyes from just a few days ago.

Sehun composed himself again with a cough as he adjusted his sitting position.

The man next to Baekhyun looked through the pamphlet that was given at the front entrance and leaned toward Baekhyun to show him something. Sehun crossed his arms and sunk down in his seat slightly, not happy with the close proximity of the two. and he then sunk down even lower when he realized he had no right to be feeling that way toward Baekhyun since they weren't even together. Yet.

Sehun glared as the man leaned in to whisper into Baekhyun's ear. When the man glanced back at him and smirked as he continued to whisper.

Sehun froze in his seat when the two finally turned around when the mc walked onto the stage. He readjusted his mask and his posture with an awkward cough, which made the man next to him lean toward his other armrest.





Sehun slowly made his way through the crowd as he searched for Jongin and remembers why he never comes his showcases. They were too damm crowded.

He popped out of crowd and found Jongin talking with some other dancer people next to the snack table. Jongin finally noticed him standing there awkwardly when the group of people finally bid him a goodbye. Jongin waved him over and Sehun strode over and grabbed a few pretzels.

"Gonna eat that with a mask on?" Jongin nudged his shoulder and he rolled his eyes as he pulled the mask down to his chin.

Jongin picked up a paper cup filled with and took a long sip as he looked around the large room. He waved someone over as Sehun picked up a few more pretzels from the glass bowl.

"Nice job Yixing." Sehun turned around while munching on the pretzel and froze when he saw Baekhyun standing next to Yixing and the man who was sitting next to him.

"You too Jongin! Oh and this is Jongdae and Baekhyun." Yixing beamed as he introduced his two friends.

Jongin shook hands with the two of them, downing the rest of his water. Jongdae glanced over at Sehun who finally got some sense to stuff the pretzels into his mouth so that they no longer hung from his lips. He smirked when he saw the slightly nervous expression on Sehun.

He turned to Jongin as he hung an arm over Baekhyun's shoulders, taking in Sehun's expression of thinning his lips and glaring at Jongdae's arm. Jongdae smiled at Jongin as he brought Baekhyun closer.

Baekhyun couldn't tear his eyes off of Sehun who stood slightly off to the side.

"Who's your friend there Jongin?" Jongdae asked with a bright smile.

Jongin glanced at Jongdae's arm thrown over Baekyun's shoulder then to Jongdae who winked at him with a coy smile. Jongin got the unspoken message when Jongdae glanced at Baekhyun and then at Sehun.

Jongin then smiled brightly and wrapped an arm around Sehun who stumbled from being pulled over. He took a look at Baekhyun and saw him curl into himself slightly.

"This is Sehun. But I think the three of you probably already know him." Jongin looked up thought for a second. "Well if you watch the news at least."

Sehun swallowed down whatever was left of the pretzel when he made eye contact with Baekhyun. His heart throbbed when Baekhyun bowed his head down when their eyes met.

"Oh. I've heard a looooooot about you." Jongdae smiled as he titled his head. Sehun gave him a shaky nod, not knowing what that statement meant.

Yixing pouted and tugged on Jongdae's sleeve. "Dae," he whined. "What's going on?"

Jongdae turned his head toward Yixing and gave him a soft smile. He grabbed his hand, giving a small squeeze as he dropped his arm from Baekhyun's shoulder.  

Sehun stared at their intwined hands, soon turning into a glare once he realized Jongdae was messing with him.

"Xing and I are gonna walk around so we'll see you later Baek." Jongdae patted him on the shoulder with a large smile before he was pulled away by Yixing who was complaining.

Baekhyun was about to walk after the two when Jongin pulled him back and ran off when Baekhyun stumbled back into something.

Sehun had his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders as he stopped him from falling. His heart jumped up into his throat when Baekhyun tilted his head back to look at him.

Sehun struggled to get a word out and it worsened when Baekhyun smiled and pulled his mask off of his face.

"You look a lot nicer without the mask." Baekhyun stepped away from Sehun as his hands played around with the straps of the mask. Sehun unsuccessfully held back a smile as he gently took his mask back.

He pulled the strings back and placed them behind his ear, keeping the mask part on his chin. "Thank you for the compliment, unfortunately a lot of other think that as well."

"Someone's really confident in themselves," Baekhyun teased and Sehun just chuckled and pulled the mask up all the way when someone walked past.

"Absolutely. When ahjummas come up to you to match make you with their daughters, you tend to get just a little bit of confidence," Sehun joked, not noticing how Baekhyun froze momentarily.

Baekhyun laughed, but Sehun noticed it was a bit strained and decided to change the topic.

He swallowed down the knot in his throat when he realized that it would be a good idea to do what he came here to do. 
"I don't know if you want to but," Sehun started, but drifted off.

Baekhyun poked him on the shoulder as encouragement. Sehun fidgeted with the edge of his mask as he brought together his thoughts.

"Do you wanna go on that date now?" Sehun breathed out and squeezed his eyes shut as he waited for an answer.

His eyes shot opened when he felt his mask be pulled down and felt something warm and soft slipped into his hand.

"I thought you'd never ask."


 



A/N: Kinda later than I wanted, but hey it's out! I wrote this on the bus on the way to school and on the way back home so if there are any errors or typos, sorry. Blame my phone. I'll edit this when I get some time later. But! I just wanna say thank you so much for 30 suscribers, my little author heart warms up each time I see that notification come up. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I'll try get the next chapter as soon as my homework will allow me!!